Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Priceline
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
All reviews beautiful hotel pizza night the wood fired oven rehearsal dinner pristine beach long stretch pink sand ocean front tom mojito kia julian paradise bites property shakira seclusion
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights at this lovely hotel. The owner Tom, and staff are friendly and make you feel right at home. We had an ocean front/view room which has the most breathtaking view. The on-site restaurant cooks up good food. Chef Mo is friendly and accommodating. This is a new and small boutique hotel so they are still working out the kinks. I would’ve love to see a designated smoking area. We sat at the cocktail bar for dinner one night and the guy next to us lit up a cigarette. Luckily the restaurant wasn’t busy which allowed us to move to a table further out. It would’ve also been nice if there was an actual front-desk staff to help with the luggage and check-ins. No one was at the front to welcome us upon arrival. We flagged down a maintenance staff who went to look for the manager. All in all, I would still recommend this beautiful hotel. The room price is competitive. The restaurant price is on point with nearby fine dining such as the French Leave restaurant. This place has a lot of potential and we would definitely return.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler40467
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

This experience started out terrible from the minute I booked this place. The
website states up to 10 people, but what it doesn’t state is that if you bring over 6 they charge you $1000 per person! Tried to cancel within 24 hours of booking and the owner declined.
Also stated on the website light house keeping 5 days per week. What it doesn’t tell you is you pay extra. You also pay for drinking water. The pots and pans were minimal, mix matched, and very poor quality. Hard to cook for 7 people. And try not to notice the ants crawling all over the kitchen. The charcoal grill provided was barely big enough to fit four burgers at a time and my husband had to get down on his knees to use it.
Went over to the bar for a drink and they were out of ice.
Went to the restaurant the first night we were there for pizza night and we were told they couldn’t feed a group our size without at least a day’s notice. It actually
took them four days to be able to organize one meal. We showed up at 7:30. as we were instructed , only to find out the kitchen ran out of propane. Almost an hour later food started coming out one item at a time. First, plain white steamed rice, followed by frozen mixed vegetables finally 30 minutes later fish that we provided.Nothing gourmet or Bahamian about it. And a bottle of wine that sells for $11 in the states (19 Crimes)
Was marked up at $70.
We went to the office to ask the manager about some close by beaches to snorkel on the Caribbean side. She (Sophia) told us that she wasn’t very familiar with the island so she would find out and text me. That never happened.
It is very obvious that the owner (Tom), a Florida real estate guy, is only trying to make money. He has a poorly managed, very over priced property and will nickel and dime you for everything he can.
There are some really cute cottages and other rental houses on the island that you can definitely get your money’s worth. Also much better restaurants. We tried a few, such as Tippy’s and Buccaneer Bar and Grill. Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
9  Thank sandnseas4me
Reviewed 23 July 2018

While I would love to keep this beautiful hotel all to myself, that would just not be fair to Tom and all his amazing staff!!! La Bougainvillea sits on a beautiful expanse of pink sand beach. Walking the beach in 1 direction we saw no one....went in the other direction and saw 1 person and a dog!!! The infinity pool is to die for!!! Our room had a wonderful pool and ocean view. I got a chance to see the 3 bedroom villa which is absolutely breathtaking!!! It has its own splash pool and loungers. Mario, the chef, is arguably the best on the island! Grilled shrimp was to die for!!! If you are lucky enough to be there when they fire up the wood fired oven have pizza....yummy!! The staff made my birthday dinner very special...from decorations to singing!!! AGAIN....staff is amazing!!! if going to Eleuthera at least visit this BIT OF PARADISE!!!

Room tip: Ask for an ocean view room!
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charlotte W
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

La Bougainvilla is a resort which sits on the most beautiful, flawless, pink sandy beach. It includes a moroccan-styled main house and amazing villas. I feel so at home. I am in awe of my room and the view, the food is excellent as is the service, and I just love the infinity pool. Thomas is a welcoming host as is Sophie. I would definately return!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Felicity I
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

This place was excellent and the manager Sophia is Great! To our surpise the food at the restaurant was the BEST we had on the island during our 6 day trip. Chef Mo is the best cook in Eleuthera! She prepared our private Wedding Anniversary dinner with Love and Eleuthera charm. The people here are amazing and the ALL of the staff are warm and welcoming. Additional Thanks to our housekeeper Buella, as our room was spotless. Lastly, Mario for making sure the cafe TV was tuned in for the NBA Finals game. We definitely recommend room 9 and will be returning. Oh and how did I forget to mention the SECLUSION AND PRIVACY. The resort is quaint and small and the beach was completely empty for miles each time my wife and I were out.

Date of stay: June 2018