Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 December 2018

My wife and I arrived at the TBH on December 1, 2018. We were greeted at the airport by a driver from the hotel and transferred immediately to the hotel. He was pleasant and answered any questions we had during the short 5 minute trip.
We were greeted by Alicia and Mauricia who bent over backwards to make our stay awesome. We had some fun with them too.
We had breakfast every day which was included in the room rate and were served daily by Caselia and Jenecia (the girl with a constant smile on her face).The breakfast was always awesome and we enjoyed being right down by the beach and listening to the waves coming in. We had lunch every day either at the beach bar or the breakfast and lunch restaurant and the menu was varied and there was always something new to choose. Again, no issues with the food. Dinner was at Pirates Cove restaurant and we were served daily by Rosalie who was always professional and spot on, however, I did coax a big hug out of her on our last evening. Jenecia was always there smiling too.
Our room was very comfortable and roomy. The view was spectacular, bed was super comfy and the water was always hot for showering. The room attendant did a fabulous job and made special characters made with towels and flowers.
The beach was so beautiful. There were plenty of loungers with comfortable chair pads and nice clean towels as needed. I must shout out to my brother Floyd who was in charge of the beach area. He worked tirelessly keeping the seaweed off the beach and grooming the whole area. He is a real people person and provides help and company without being overbearing. He watched out for us the whole time we were there. Roland in the beach bar turned out to be a really great guy and was very good at his job as a bartender and customer service representative. We really wanted to snorkel at the Tobago Cays but the boat the hotel usually deals with was broke down so Floyd called a friend Cosmos "the Specialist" and he picked us up with his boat and took us out to the Cays. He turned out to be a real gem so thanks Floyd for that.
A big thanks to to Marcia. I was whining about playing golf at the Canouan golf course but didn't want to pay the big bucks. They have a driving range and she set up a chance for me to go up and drive some balls which also turned out to be a tour of the course with Alex. Amazing experience for me so thanks Marcia for that.
The Island tour was spectacular and we got some awesome pictures that we will treasure always.
A special thanks to Matteo, the food service manager for his attention to us and to detail. We're confident his leadership will be an asset to TBH and it's continued growth.
We really had a good time with our new family at TBH and look forward to our next visit.
Ernie and Irene

Room tip: They are all ocean view
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank medikk
Reviewed 3 December 2018

We happened upon Pirate Cove on our way back to our catamaran after provisioning in Canouan; where we first ran into Shawn who let us now about the 1/2 price happy hour cocktails that evening. He arranged for a nice table by the waterfront and provided flawless service throughout the evening, always accommodating and very friendly. We also met Matteo who provided excellent wine and menu recommendations; the food was delicious, the portions larger than expected whether having local fish or the authentic Italian thin crust pizzas (highly recommended). Matteo also made special arrangements for us to have breakfast at La Palapa which was appreciated by all. I'd also like to call out Zade for outstanding service both at our dinner and during our breakfast. This turned out to be one of the highlights of our 10 day cruise through the Grenadines as we hadn't planned on much more than topping our water tanks and getting some provisions. What a lucky find; a fantastic evening of great food and the company of the friendly, welcoming team at Pirate Cove...well done!!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2018 via mobile

The staff was fantastic! Matteo was so attentive and the service was 5 star:) went hiking with a great guide named Floyd. He was very knowledgeable about the area and escorted us on our hike up the mountain. Best views ever!!!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank MeghanK838
Reviewed 1 October 2018

We did not stay here because it was closed the month of Sept. We stopped for a beach day when we were on the S/W Windjammer. They took us over and sat up a bar on the beach so we could swim and just hang out and have lunch if we wanted to at one of the places to eat. They were doing work on the hotel and it looked very nice. I bought a coconut from one of the workers and drank it on the beach. Defiantly looks like a nice place to check out.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Apparently Canouan began being developed around 1996 and the outside of The Tamarind Beach Hotel in 2018 seemed new and beautiful with rich brown wood, sky blue rooftops rising out of the surrounding trees with white filagree and well tended borders. It was a charming place, fairly large: picturesque and perfect with beautiful foliage masking and accenting the hotel with well-kept grounds. There didn’t seem to be many people about. When I arrived maybe 15 people I took to be hotel guests were using the beach or bar before going off on various excursions of their own.

I was on the S.V. Mandalay and today was a dry landing. I walked down the jetty and appeared at the Pirate Cove Bar that didn’t seem to have any patrons then I paid our purser $10 to utilize the beach after our launch dropped us off. I should have asked what amenities my $10 entitled me to because I eventually noticed kayaks and small sail boats and apparently snorkel gear was also available.

I walked to my left and I staked a place near the far beach bar and on the way the Italian Deli, Buon Appetito snagged my eye. I’m not sure it was open but after returning home the webpage said it’s a great place to stock up for an island picnic. Today I preferred no fuss and I was content with my beach chair and the full service beach bar which served the same food as other restaurants at the hotel and they accepted credit cards. The bartender had a specialty drink called a Sand Castle. It’s like a colada - with rum, amaretto, Coco Lopez and pineapple juice, frothed up and garnished with freshly grated nutmeg. Delicious and refreshing, and nutmeg, the spice of the Grenadines was perfect. Sean the bartender was efficient and friendly and being an English speaker helped out when I got the urge to rent a kayak. For an additional $10, I paddled across our bay but didn’t go further than a working jetty down the beach. The brown boobies with their taxi-yellow feet perched on piers really were fun to see and a little shocking.

Eventually, I ordered lunch. The Conch Ceviche was wonderful, for 47.70 EC ($17). I’d had 2 diet cokes (10EC) then I sent a round of Sand Castles to the gang, six for 143.10 EC (about $9 apiece.) There was a 17EC service charge added to my bill that I didn’t catch (about $6) so I accidentally tipped 20% USD. I overpaid a bit but that’s OK. This was a delightful meal, reasonably priced and finely amplifying a chilled out day but check to see if a service charge has been included on your tab!

Oddly, this was the only island I’ve been to where the water was a bit unclear, greenish with limited visibility. It was perfectly fine and soothing as the sand was almost too hot for walking barefoot, but for solitude and a relaxing day, the Tamarind seems to be an ideal place!

I’d heard from other mates that the island tour SailWindjammer arranged wasn’t great because the guide had to be prodded for information, but other mates scored with their snorkeling, seeing octopus and cuttlefish. I’m not sure where on the island they were but I was feeling too lazy anyway to snorkel. I just bobbed in the surf and this, at the Tamarind was a perfect day.

Room tip: I utilized the beach on a day trip only. It was nice and relaxing.
Date of stay: July 2018