Mercure Clear Mountain Lodge
  • Pool
US$98
US$93
  • Pool
Essence Serviced Apartments(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$105
Agoda.com
Chermside Motor Inn(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$86
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbuffet breakfaststunning viewsdeluxe roombrisbane citylate checkoutrelaxing weekendbottle of winesmall balconywedding anniversarysalmonhidden gemglasshouse mountainsshort breakmid weekstayed longersunday morningcooked to perfection
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Really pretty views, great room. Lovely area.
Stephanie’s Spa a treat. Dined in restaurant the entree and main were perfect but the sweets were very disappointing. Wouldn’t have breakfast again.
Bacon dry and had been there awhile. Eggs were cold. Wanted natural yoghurt and was told they didn’t have it. After I said it showed on the menu it was eventually dumped in front of me. No fruit to speak of. Dining room dark and not welcoming.
This was a mid week stay maybe weekend is better.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Great location, awesome views and good rooms. This place has it all, views, bar, restaurant, pool rooms. Nice clean rooms, quiet and well presented. Good for conferences or a weekend get away. Some good hills around for those who cycle.

Room Tip: I guess all rooms will have some views and all are close to everything
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

For the money spent this trip was disappointing. We needed 2 rooms but as they don’t have 2 room apartments, the allocated rooms we ordered were not next to each other. There were lots of stairs which my husband found difficult to negotiate. It is definitely an eco-resort more than luxury, located on the top of Clear Mountain near Stamford. Seeming to be on tank water , the water pressure in the shower was poor and difficult to wash your hair in.
The restaurant has lovely views of the surrounding country and dam.
The breakfast buffet was also disappointing with a very limited selection of foods. Oh and, if you want a coffee made by the barista, that’s extra!
Parking was not undercover as that allocated space was full. The staff were friendly and helpful.
Alternative places to eat are more than 15 minutes away by car.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Yet another wonderful stay at our local getaway. This time with my neighbours. We arrived friday lunchtime to a beautiful welcome by sarah at reception as always. Our rooms were ready. Along with a welcome bottle of wine. Check in was smooth. Rooms were clean and had everything we required.
We had booked in for treatments at the splendid Stephanie's Day Spa where we were pampered and spoilt.
We had a wonderful stay, dinner was beautiful, as was breakfast.
Staff are always very accommodating, views are outstanding.
A beautiful, easy, quaint, idyllic setting. Will never stop coming here. Thanks again all. Melissa Price

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2018

We were really excited for our weekend out of the city and had snapped up what we thought was an absolute bargain via scoopon that included wine, chocolate, buffet breakfast & late check out. The location did not disappoint, only an hour from home for us and the views were absolutely stunning and the hotel and our room was well presented. We were thrilled but once we settled into our room everything quickly went down hill with one disappointment after another...

We went to the restaurant for food as we were informed there was an all day menu available. We were shown menus but no one ever came back. Only staff around were at the bar and when I asked the lady if I could place an order from the all day menu she rudely said lunch was over and that was that. I repeated I wanted to order from the all day menu and she said oh that yeah okay.. she honestly seemed like she would rather be somewhere else and I was inconveniencing her. Meals were extremely overpriced for what you got, had to chase down cutlery, napkins & water. No one ever asked how our meals were or cleared our plates. We were attacked by ants (no exaggeration) I assume due to the lack of the tables around us being cleared. I thought maybe they were understaffed but the tables inside didn't seem to have any problems.

I went into the bar to order more drinks and although there were 4 staff behind the bar and not a single person waiting, I was ignored. I waited patiently as they could see me waiting and I figured they would be with me shortly but that didn't change until 2 men came up next to me to wait and one girl came quickly running over to serve them. They politely advised her I had been waiting first and again she seemed really bothered like I was an annoyance. It honestly felt like us being a family (couple with 1 yr old) that perhaps we weren't the preferred business men. Might I add my 1 year old was on his absolute best behaviour and we didn't hear one peep from him, so we were not a disturbance.

We were told by reception staff we could put everything on our room account but when I went to settle the bill (I also had to go arrange this) the same lady practically argued with me to settle on my card right away. I had to repeat several times I would prefer to add to my room for later. All individually these things were nothing but as it is one after another and a 4 star hotel, I most definitely had higher expectations on service.

We ordered room service dinner as we couldn't bare to deal with the restaurant again (and there is nothing around) and the lady who took my call also acted like she was put out having to take my order and hung up on me abruptly after I had placed my order, cutting me off with no wait time given. Mind you our order was less then 10 minutes to my surprise but then it was luke warm, and for a gnocchi to cost $28 you would expect it to be made up of gnocchi not 70% olives.

As we were having our 1 year old with us, we had pre-let the hotel know before arriving and yet they placed us in a room directly above a function room. We could not only hear the doof doof music until quite late in the night but all the songs word for word as well as some of the speeches! It took me several hours to get our little one to settle, so not a relaxing night to say the least when the hotel advertises peace and tranquillity..

The following day was my husband's birthday which was the reason for our stay and he said all he wanted was to go home.. We went to the restaurant reluctantly for breakfast and I must say that although again the staff were non-attentive, the food this time did not let us down. It was delicious and completely saved what was left of our weekend. We were however again attacked by a swarm of ants all over our table and had to move tables half way through.. No one cleared our plates again. Also no one seated us despite the sign asking to wait to be served and I had to go chase someone down.

Reception staff were always polite and friendly but didn't ask how our stay was and by checkout my son was so grumpy & crying from no sleep the night before that I just wanted out instead of bringing all this to their attention.

Perhaps it's because I work in 5 star hotels and expect the best when it comes to service, but we were truly let down by the staff our whole stay and it completely took away from the hotels beauty and location. We could have left saying it was a hidden gem but instead we said never again!

Room Tip: request to be away from function rooms if you have children.. way too noisy all through the night
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family