2,963 results
All reviews sirena restaurant swim up bar old san juan close to the airport outdoor restaurant bug spray ocean front partial ocean view pool area salsa dancing breakfast buffet hear planes isla verde beach resort fee chairs and umbrellas small casino palm trees
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Hotel still had some visible water damage inside and outside caused by the hurricanes but service was excellent. Its close to the airport so you do hear some noise. We are glad to visit Puerto Rico again, we love the people, the food and the weather. I would recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank kigs
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Kenneth Mateo: Very good and hardworking guy. Made our experience alot better.
Overall the hotell was nice. Good service and polite personal.
The food was good but not really vegeterian-friendly.
The personal serving at the pool and the beach was really good.

Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Christer E
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

First time in Puerto Rico. Here on business. So my 1st impression is based on the bar experience. The bartender, Stephanie Rojas, has been more than I could have expected. 1st I was pleasantly surprised that they had Bookers, as I am a bourbon lover. Stephanie was quite attentive to me & my coworkers need. Making sure she kept our glasses “refilled”. She gave us an honest assessment of the food options around the hotel, Plato’s & Metropol. We decided to stay and eat at the hotel simply because of her outstanding service and pleasant exchange. The other bartender Carlos Vasquez also was quite attentive and gave us some great recommendations for some additional activities to partake in during our stay. Overall off to a really great start to my trip. Thanks to Stephanie, Carlos, and assistant GM Lorna Carrasquillo for their outstanding customer service. If you are looking for good drinks and a great atmosphere pay this place a visit while here.

Trip type: Travelled on business
6  Thank Dale J
Reviewed 9 February 2018

You’d never know that only four months ago two major back-to- back hurricanes hit Puerto Rico. Courtyard Marriott in Isla Verde, made it look pretty much like nothing had happened. Over the week spent there, we learned that this little beach resort hotel and casino never had to close due to Hurricanes Irma and Maria. So fortunately, Marriott workers didn’t have to lose their jobs. In fact, they hosted FEMA personnel and many other first responders who got to know hotel staff by name. There, the warmth and optimistic spirit of Puerto Ricans showed. Our rooms were clean and the hotel was constantly being maintained.

Although not all tourist attractions were ready for visitors, our concierge was very helpful in getting up-to-date information. The ferry is running to the Bacardi Rum Distillery. It is still hosting tours and pouring complimentary rum drinks. Cruise ships are docking with passengers disembarking in Old San Juan. Art museums are open for rainy days, but the Governor’s Mansion is closed for remediation.

Our beach was lovely and pristine. Lounge chairs and umbrellas were set out every day. The water was warm and aquamarine. Since it was unusually windy, there was a lot of wave action. At the beach adjacent to ours, people were learning how to surf, care of “Waterboard” a stand where you could rent a board or kayak. Many surfers lingered in the water until just after six o’clock when the sun went down.

The pool and hot tubs at the Courtyard Marriott were awesome. You could swim up to the bar for a drink or snack, or have something at a table or lounge chair on the terrace surrounding the pool. I admired the many new tropical plantings with their vibrant colors defining several somewhat secluded pool areas.

Dining options were numerous. You could choose your environment inside or outside and its ambiance. Although we ventured out to experience local color and flavor, we didn’t really have to. We had everything right there at the Isla Verde Marriott.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen H
Reviewed 8 February 2018

I am not a Marriott sort of person- I want an eco-lodge or a boutique hotel- but after two weeks in Costa Rica, the stuffiness of this hotel was actually sort of welcome. My fiance couldn't wait to eat a real hamburger from room service, and I wanted a hot bath. We were only there for one night so we could get to the airport in the morning, and it was just what the Dr ordered. The bed was super super comfortable, and the linens are a good quality, soft and luxurious. I am a linens snob and these were up to my standards.

My fiance would tell you that he had a difficult time with the room service, he had to speak to three different people over 20 minutes time to place his order, he kept saying what he wanted, being put on hold, someone else came on and took his order then put him on hold again, and that kept happening and he was on hold for 4 or 5 minutes each time. He was livid. We ordered mango juice, they brought pineapple. Oh- if you order the fries, they will put cellophane over them to keep them warm which makes them soggy, so if you don't like soggy fries, don't order.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple