Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed 4 April 2016

This far exceeded my expectations. My Husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon for 6 nights. The rooms and bathroom was clean. Check in was easy we were able to get an early check in. It was a very short walk to the beach and they provide beach service for their hotel guests. The casino is small but the people who work there are very friendly and offered great suggestions on where to go eat. They have a complimentary breakfast and cook to over omlets, I was a little nervous about getting breakfast at the hotel based on other reviews stating that they had horrible long lines which we found not to be the case. The breakfast was good for what it was. Overall I would stay there again if we ever found ourselves in PR again.

Room Tip: our room was on the 8th floor so we never heard any on the night time noise which was nice.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2016

Hello mayala0826:

Congratulations! Thank you so much for your kind words. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your honeymoon.

We hope to welcome you back soon at the Embassy Suites San Juan!

Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,619)

Reviewed 4 April 2016

thank you for your great and excellent service. my experiences was wonderful. my family had a great time and was very happy. the breakfast was delicious and they gave us a nice service. the rooms were always very clean.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Alba A:

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time. We hope to see you back at the Embassy Suites San Juan next time you're in the area!

Reviewed 4 April 2016

I have stayed at many embassy suites around the US and this property in San Juan,P.R did not disappoint. Check in was very smooth especially with a flight delay which pushed my check in until after 1am. Desk clerk was very pleasant. Nice feature online allows you to actually pick your room. Little advice, don't pick the second floor because its right above the casino and they play music late into the night. I am heavy sleeper so it did not bother me but others that sleep light beware, just pick a room 3rd floor and up. Room was very clean and nice size, housekeeping excellent. The lobby and eating area very clean. All the workers were very nice and helpful. Breakfast was awesome as always, tasty choices. The happy hour was the best @ any embassy suites. Music, videos and great bartenders. Lines are long but they go quick. Drinks was really good and they offer light snacks. The pool area is the best I've ever seen for embassy suites. Large adult area, waterfalls, nice bar with food as well. they also have a second level and a small kids pool on the first level. The hotel food is good(ordered a late dinner saturday night at the casino bar). Casino is small but alive with live music(two man singing group were very good). The is an outback right in the hotel and I'm sure its convenient for guests but why eat at a chain place where you can walk to real Puerto rican restaurants.Beware you pay an extra 36 bucks for resorts fee but its worth it. the resort fee includes two chairs an umbrella and towels at the beach. The walk is 7 minutes, straight two or three blocks right to the isla verde beach. once on the beach you walk another 2 minutes to the left and find the embassy suites flag, attendant is there at 915 sharp, very nice person too. The chairs are heavy top notch chairs, non of that plastic crap here. he sets it all up for you. The area is very safe, police station is right behind the embassy suites. We walked to walgreens at 130am and no one bothered us. Beach is really nice, with lots to do if like water sports. Wave runners, paddle boats, parachute boats etc are available to rent. Food carts are all along the beach as well. We ate at a place Alambique bar and grill(its located in between a bar called third base and Torres bar and grill. Alambique was great $ 3 beers and cheap eats. Food was good and waitress and waiters very good.see Alvaro, he'll make you feel welcome. the area around the hotel contains many places to eat within a few blocks. the avenue before the beach, you can either go left to a very large pizza joint and other fast food spots or make a right a find more resturants and yes a COCK FIGHT arena which is open mon,tues thurs and saturday. this place was packed Sat night. a little bit pass this place was a restaurant called Metropol which has very nice employees, good affordable food. This is a hotel you do not need a rent a car, to/from the airport $14 to $17. I hope the great price special for this hotel happens again because I will visit again, great time and great stay, thank you

Room Tip: don't chose the second floor
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank John T

Dear John T:

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Embassy Suites San Juan!We are so happy to hear about the wonderful time you had with us. I will definitely pass on the compliments to our Team.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2016

Stayed here for 5 nights in November before a cruise. Loved it!! Great location near beach with area for Embassy suites guests with chairs and umbrellas.breakfast buffet is awesome-something for everyone ! Pool area beautiful and not crowded. Loved the room (Hilton Honors floor). Already booked for 2016 for 2 weeks in Puerto Rico

Room Tip: Hilton Honors floors are great
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear chespen2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Embassy Suites San Juan. We are overjoyed to hear that you had such a great time.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here before our Southern Caribbean cruise. Check in was a breeze and we were able to check in early (yes, it was busy and there were lines but I expected as much). This hotel is a stop for a lot of people waiting to cruise or just getting back from a cruise. The suites are large and comfortable. The hotel is conveniently located (but it is a little walk to get to the beach). The beach was nice but I never found the hotel folks with the complimentary chair and umbrella set up). We were there for 2 days before our cruise. It took a while for us to learn how to use the elevators. This is one thing they should tell you when you are checking in (that and where the beach chair person is located). I love the taxi system in PR. Everything is fixed rate and they tell you before hand what the charges will be. We took a taxi to Old San Juan one day, so did not use many of the hotel amenities. They do charge a "resort" fee but this is not what I consider a resort. There was Internet, a small casino, a laundry room, a coffee shop and a Outback in the hotel. We did eat at Outback once, typical Outback. The hotel pool is small but very pretty, especially at night. The hotel was clean and I would stay here again. I enjoyed the daily breakfast and the afternoon cocktails (although our free choices seemed to be some alcoholic green or pink punch). They also had popcorn and nachos. I enjoyed the breakfast and yes they need more cooks (especially on cruise morning!). If you only wanted a continental breakfast the line wasn't bad. Just pretty much a walk through. It would help if they had bacon, pancakes and other items on that side and just used the other side as the omelet station. When I'm on vacation, I don't let lines bother me. I read on TA that this would be a factor so I was prepared. Thanks Trip Advisor and thanks Embassy Suites for a great pre-cruise stay.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear GrammeeM:

Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate your feedback. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. I will share your comments about the elevators and our Beach Services with our Front Desk.

We look forward to seeing you next time you're in the area!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla Verde
0.5 km away
InterContinental San Juan
InterContinental San Juan
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!