Coral by the Sea(Isla Verde)
US$147
US$111
US$105
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

US$242
US$207
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$251/night.

US$313
US$242
Priceline
2,702 results
All reviewsoutback steakhousehappy hourmade to order breakfastevening receptionsan juanchips and salsafree drinksliving roomclose to the airportmanagers receptiontwo blockscomplimentary breakfastcocktail hourshort walk to the beachrum punchpre cruise stayel patio
Reviewed 8 July 2009

First all before anything....the service I got from the employees was absolutely superb. The front desk clerk was extremely helpful. I had a ton of questions and she did not get annoyed or short with me. She was very helpful. The room was huge and very clean. The amenities in the bathroom was great. I wish they had flat screen tv's in the room, but a tube tv was fine. When I checked out I left my GPS in the room. So right after I checked out i went back upstairs to retrieve my GPS and the housekeeper had it ready for me wrapped up in a plastic bag. I was so impressed that she actually held it. I've stayed in rooms where housekeeping or someone or something has stolen my products. Much Much Kudos to Embassy Suites San Juan! (Also....it's a straight, literally straight shot to the beach. And a FREE very good and big breakfast. And FREE drinks and snacks at happy hour.) Perfecto!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank faculty1919
GlMEmbassy, GM at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2009

Dear Faculty 1919,

Thank you for answering the review.For your convenience next time you come we have installed plasma tvs and we're improving the breakfast area to avoid the big lines our guest have reported. At Embassy Suites our guest come first.

Reviewed 16 June 2009

I booked my stay with Embassy Suites more than three weeks in advance. Yet when I landed there from the San Juan airport at 10:30 pm at night after a 12 hour journey from California with a little child, they had no rooms for us. They had overbooked us!!

They have my phone number, email and this was supposed to be a non refundable booking. Absolutely disgusting. The did offer me a complementary stay at another hotel nearby and I had to settle for it. As it was just to sleep for the night I took that. I shudder to think what if I was staying for more than one night. They would have spoiled my vacation. Totally Unacceptable.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank sherlock04

Dear Sherlock 04,

We thank you for answering the review. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us. We ask you to give us a second opportunity to prove we are dedicate to service and could be your home away from home. Again thank you and best wishes.

Luis Arellano G.M

Reviewed 14 June 2009

Stayed four nights at this hotel. The location is great, walking distance from the beach. Room was just as expected, nice and clean. However, there was a convention going on and the hotel looked like a circus. Breakfast time was crazy, too many people fighting for food. We then decided to transfer to the El San Juan Hotel & Casino for a more relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
GlMEmbassy, Gm at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2009

Dear Linjen 02

Thank you for answering the review it is my pleasure to inform to you, that we're making changes at our breakfast area in order to avoid the lines and give our guest the best service. We love to listen and please our guest in anyway possible. Hope to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 14 June 2009

My parents and I stayed at the Embassy Suites in San Juan for three nights (June 10-12, 2009). We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel (about a 5-minute ride; cost right around $15). Check-in was friendly and efficient; we were in suite 717. The way the hotel is set up, there’s a group of three glass elevators near the entrance / front desk, and one lone glass elevator on the other side of the atrium. All of the elevators move very quickly and smoothly, so there’s never a long wait for an elevator, regardless of which elevator bank you use. Our suite was right next to the single elevator, but there was never any elevator noise audible in the suite, nor was there any airplane noise even though the hotel is right by the airport, nor was there any traffic noise even though the hotel is right by two busy highways. The only noise we heard came from the noisy guests next door to us, but if they had been talking at a normal volume (i.e. if their kids hadn’t been screaming), we probably wouldn’t have been able to hear them at all.

Upon entering the room, we were a bit disappointed in how small it was. When the three of us travel, we’re used to staying in 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom suites, but since we were only staying 3 nights, and 2-bedroom suites were so much more expensive than 1-bedrooms at this hotel, we decided we could live with a 1-bedroom. We didn’t expect anything huge, but this was just tiny. Residence Inns, which are typically much less expensive than Embassy Suites, have much bigger suites than we had at the Embassy Suites. There was no full kitchen, just a tiny microwave, mini-fridge, and sink. The only table in the room was a peninsula table big enough for one or two people to sit at. My parents slept in the bedroom, and I slept on the sofa bed in the living room; when it was folded out, there was almost no room to walk through the living room to get to the bedroom and bathroom. (The sofa bed wasn’t particularly comfortable, but it wasn’t horrible, either. With the right combination of pillows, it was doable.) Also, the pictures on the website show flat-panel HDTVs in the suites; we had two very old CRT TVs. The carpet had too many stains and discolorations to count. The room had a sort of musty smell to it, and the bathroom had mold up near the ceiling. The AC unit was supposed to be white, but a good part of it was brown with rust (see pictures). There was also no fan in the bathroom. There was a shortage of electrical outlets in the room, but I’ve seen that problem before and I came prepared by bringing a surge protector for my laptop, phone charger, fan, etc. At least my parents slept well on the beds in the bedroom; they were basically the only good things about the room.

Apart from the room, though, the hotel was gorgeous. The open atrium created a great atmosphere, and glass elevators are always a nice touch. The casino was great; the gambling age in Puerto Rico is 18, and by law, all casinos are smoke-free, which was perfect for me, a 19-year-old non-smoker who can’t stand the smell of smoke but would still like to play some blackjack. There were several restaurants / places to get food in the hotel, as well as a poolside bar that was supposed to be open until 5 PM daily (although it closed each day due to rain, and even though the rain cleared up well before 5 PM, it didn’t reopen). The food was delicious, but very overpriced; a simple burger was $11. At the pool bar, soft drinks are sold by the can, with no free refills. At the atrium restaurant and lobby bar area, they’re sold in a more typical way, by the glass, with free refills; I think they were $2.50 each there.

Wireless internet access is available throughout the hotel at no additional cost (it’s covered by the hotel’s 14% resort fee). You have to call the front desk for the internet access code, and you have to re-enter it every 24-hour period. It’s pretty slow, but it’s better than nothing (and hey, it’s complimentary). (There is no hard-wired internet access in the room.) They also have a business center and a kiosk where you can print off boarding passes and get checked in for your flight before you go to the airport.

We only went to the manager’s reception once. The lines for alcoholic beverages (beer and wine) were very long. I’m not a drinker, so I opted for the free soft drinks instead; they have Coke products, which I’m definitely a fan of. They also offered various snacks, but I didn’t take a close look at them to see exactly what they offered. The manager’s reception takes place daily from 5:30 to 7:30 PM in the atrium near the pool entrance.

Speaking of free food and drinks, they also offer a free cooked-to-order breakfast every morning. On weekdays, it ends at 9:30 AM; on Saturdays and Sundays, it ends at 10:30. I’m a late sleeper, so I never made it out of bed in time to enjoy it. My dad went; he said the lines were long, and the food was average. I also saw a sign in the casino advertising free breakfast every day until 11:30 AM, but it didn’t look like a full breakfast; the picture looked like a few pieces of toast and some fruit.

The pool area was huge and beautiful, but I didn’t use it much. I swam for a little while on the first day, but the water seemed a little cool to me. Then again, it had just rained and it was still cloudy, and I consider anything less than about 84 to be cool. I was able to get all the way in, it just wasn’t pleasant. The hot tub was perfect, though. They also had a kiddie pool off to the side, but I didn’t see anyone in it.

I would not recommend renting a car and driving in Puerto Rico if you’re not familiar with the island and the way they drive; it’s pretty different from typical U.S. driving (much more aggressive, and taxis seem to always have the right of way no matter which way they’re going). Just walk or take a taxi wherever you need to go. We went to the Plaza Las Américas two out of the three days we were there; it was about $20 each way, so plan to spend a lot on taxis if you want to get anywhere, but it still beats the heck out of renting a car and driving down there. The Plaza Las Américas is their shopping mall, and it’s got everything from Macy’s to Gap to Borders (an epic two-story Borders at that) and a bunch of local stores, in addition to some 40 restaurants (some fast food and some sit-down). The first day there, we ate at Chili’s. The Chili’s restaurants down there have a few menu items that they don’t have in the States; I highly recommend the classic chuletas (delicious lightly-fried and seasoned pork chops). The second day there, 6/12, we were there for the Coheed and Cambria signing on the first floor of Borders; there were well over 200 people there in line to meet the band and get their items signed. (Claudio and the others are amazingly cool, down-to-earth people and incredibly talented musicians. If you’ve never given Coheed and Cambria a good listen, I’d highly recommend it.) After that, we ate at Subway and then grabbed a taxi to the Coliseo de Puerto Rico José Miguel Agrelot, where the Coheed concert was; they were absolutely incredible, as they almost always are live. (Claudio, their lead singer, is Puerto Rican by heritage, so he and the band decided to play a gig in Puerto Rico for the first time; the crowd was definitely happy about that.) It was a little difficult to catch a taxi back to the hotel after the concert. We expected them to have cabs lined up for people who needed to get places but didn’t have rides, but we had to ask a security guy how to get a cab; he just found another one that was already full and asked the driver to call another one to the Coliseo, which he did.

I never walked to the beach, but my dad did a couple of the days we were there. It’s a pretty short, safe walk. He took some pictures of the beach, and it really is gorgeous.

Our flight home didn’t leave until 3:00, so my dad (an HHonors member) asked for a late check-out of 1:00 and got it with no problem.

One very important note about flights from Puerto Rico back to the States: before you stand in that long line to check your bags, you first have to go through a separate line for USDA inspection. There are a few signs that indicate this, but they are not detailed; they don’t tell you that you have to go stand in a separate line before standing in the line to check your bags, but you do. Go to the USDA inspection line FIRST, and THEN the line to check your bags.

Oh, and one last tip about the hotel: right next to the 08 room on each floor (e.g., room 708 on the seventh floor), there are vending machines with Cokes and waters for $1 each. Don’t pay $2.50 for a bottled water at the Atrium Café / Noble Roman’s place when you can get them for a buck each next to the 08 room. I also heard that there are snack AND drink vending machines next to room 208, but just drink vending machines on the other floors.

Overall, the hotel got the job done, but it wasn't a very pleasant experience due to the problems with the room. I'd recommend staying elsewhere (although I'm not sure where, since I'm not familiar with San Juan at all... maybe El San Juan resort and casino). If you have three or more people, definitely go for a 2-bedroom suite, as a 1-bedroom gets awfully crowded (especially considering how tiny the 1-bedrooms at this Embassy Suites are).

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
8  Thank chris11828
GlMEmbassy, GM at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2009

Dear Chris 11828,

Thank you for taking your time to answer the review. I apologize for any inconvevience you may have encountered in your recent stay. I understand you were dissopointed with the tv's. So I would like to inform you, that we finished installing all our plasma tv's, in all 299 rooms now. We're also making renovations at our breakfast area for faster service. Maybe next time you come to our property you will be able to enjoy, all the new amenities you expected. At Embassy Suites our guest are very important to us. We ask you give us an opportunity to serve you in the near future.
Luis Arellano G.M

Reviewed 3 June 2009

We stayed here one night prior to cruise. Was happy with the hotel and all included. Rate was very high, but that is PR. The room included breakfast, and nightly drinks. We ate at the Outback inside the hotel...GREAT, Hotel was fun, but about a 10 minute walk to the beach. I like the Embassy chain, and will book with them again. Casino was ok, and added plus, they did have a bar inside the lobby that had afternoon specials. Taxi's very expensive in the area. I recommend get your passport and travel to other places.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank travlingalNyc
GlMEmbassy, GM at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2009

Dear Travlingal Nyc,

Thank you for your comments on our property.We hope to be of your choice in the near future. Remember Embassy Suits is always a grest place to spend your vacations. We have complimentary cook to order breakfast and 5:30 - 7:30pm manager reception. Hope to see you soon.