2,215 results
All reviews slaney estuary reeds restaurant dry dock bar overlooking the river decking area kids club leisure centre lovely hotel wexford town bar food family hotel lovely view family break wedding party from start to finish an upgrade strawberries
Reviewed 20 November 2018 via mobile

I have been eating and staying in this hotel for the last 25 years. I ate in the bar during the summer but thought it was a one off experience. How wrong was I! Well I called in for lunch recently and ate in the snug just off the bar. The whole experience was cold, service food and staff. The staff just going through the motions and not really interested. The room was so cold I had to keep my coat on! The food was cool too. As we were hungry and didn’t have much time, we ate and left. At least the coffee warmed us up. There was a time a duty manager would be visible however not today. We left and sad to say won’t return having read they won restaurant of the year you’d wonder how!

1  Thank C9270AIjoef
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for your candid review and indeed for your custom over the last 25 years. As you may well imagine I was met with disappointment and concern after reading your feedback and I must apologise for letting you down.
I do hope that you brought these issues to our attention there and then so that we were immediately able to address any shortcomings. It is far easier and more effective to deal with a concern when it arises rather than after a significant time lapse.
The common denominator in our reviews is our staff warmth and friendliness alongside good food. We pride ourselves on providing outstanding service and customer care and our staff are very much directed and focused in this area. Our duty managers and indeed myself would always be on the floor and I can only speculate that indeed the duty manager may have been dealing with an other issue and that snap point in time.
I would just like to clarify that we did not win restaurant of the year unfortunately.
Thank you for your feedback and I assure you that your review has my complete attention and all points will be looked into hastily and failures will be rectified.
I do hope that you will consider your stance on a return as we would very much like to regain you confidence in the Ferrycarrig once again as we have done for those 25 years.

Reviewed 20 November 2018

Stayed here for the Wexford Opera Festival and were not disappointed . The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful both on reception and in the restaurant . The room was fine apart from the background 'hum' if you had the door open ( not much need for that in November ) and the fact that it appeared difficult to get fresh air without opening the door . Comfortable bed , well-appointed bathroom and not too far to get to the main facilities of the hotel . Breakfast was excellent with a wide choice of food and the bar meal we had was very good too . Walking from the hotel was a bit difficult as all routes involved crossing or walking along a busy road , a shame as the surroundings are so attractive . The hotel will be our first choice if we come back for the Festival next year . Hope we won't clash with an enormous wedding party !

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to express your views. I was so pleased to read of your experience with us and so great to hear that you were not disappointed. It is very reassuring to read of exceptionally friendly and helpful staff.
We are most grateful for your seal of approval and it is so rewarding to learn that we are your first choice for the Opera Festival.
Thank you for choosing the Ferrycarrig and we look forward to hosting you again very soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2018 via mobile

Stopped by for Sunday lunch on trip down from Dublin. Bar situated looking out on the Slaney River estuary , lovely relaxing view . Lunch was very good with a menu selection to suit most tastes. Price was reasonably.

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your Sunday Luncheon with us and very pleased that you found it reasonably priced.
It will be my pleasure to share your views with all the team.
Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the Ferrycarraig for 3 nights, 1st night was extremely busy but next 2 days were fairly quiet. Our room was really lovely & spacious & overlooking the estuary. However the bath part of the bathroom was grubby & could really do with updating, the shower curtain drove me insane.

We ate in the hotel 2 nights, having bar food both nights & the food was delicious & would highly recommend it.

The last night there was a function on in the hotel, the steps from the lift to the reception had been blocked off with banners, just leaving access by the wheelchair access point to reception and on returning from being out, people attending the function had gathered around the doorway to take photos/accept awards. This, I found very imtimidating & felt very uncomfortable walking through.

In general,we enjoyed our stay & probably would return

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am very pleased that in general you enjoyed your stay and that you would indeed return.
I am particularly pleased to read that you found the bar food to be delicious and I will gladly pass on your feedback to all. I am sorry to hear that you felt somewhat intimidated by the wedding party. All guests comfort and well being is our focus.
Thank you for choosing the Ferrycarrig and we look forward to looking after you again sometime very soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed before with friends great room and balcony came back again with my partner as I liked it so much room not as nice very creaky floor! But lovely bathroom and cosy staff are very friendly which is rare in hotels I find, bar food was gorgeous and reasonably priced, thanks to the night guy who put up with us after a night out in wex he was very patient breakfast is one of the best I've had and I've stayed in a lot of hotels! It's delicious and especially the sausages, had dinner in resteraunt and again fantastic. Can't wait to comeback

2  Thank shella_bella_12
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review. I am so pleased that you chose the Ferrycarrig once again and delighted to read your feedback.
It was our pleasure to have you with us and so glad that you cant wait to come back.
Thank you for your kind words and continued custom.
We look forward to looking after you again sometime very soon.