2,170 results
All reviewsslaney estuarydry dock barreeds restaurantkids cluboverlooking the riverleisure centrelovely hotelwexford townbar foodwedding venuefamily breaklovely viewfrom start to finishstrawberriestop classwould highly recommend this hotelnight break
Reviewed 3 April 2018

From the minute we arrived we were made to feel not just welcome but extremely comfortable. We were meeting up with our in laws for an Easter break, and that is what we all had.

The staff were a pleasure to interact with, and wanted to help. The food was delicious at every meal; but the breakfast was just magnificent. The choice was truly extensive, and the kids loved the pancake maker. The adults loved the flabjack bars, that were obviously freshly made every day as they got harder the longer they were out.

The leisure facility had great equipment, with some items that most gyms don't have. The pool was great and big enough for us all to get in and not take over.

With comfortable rooms, and a great deal of entertainment put on for the younger kids on Easter Sunday. The hotel made a great place to relax or use as a base to go exploring the surrounding area.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to express your views. I was delighted to read of your experience and so pleased that you enjoyed a warm welcome and an extremely comfortable break at the Ferrycarrig.
It is most reassuring to learn of delicious food, great facilities and staff and it will be my pleasure to share your views with the entire team.
Thank you once again for your kind words and indeed for choosing to stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back again sometime every soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The Ferrycarrig is ideal to stay this time of year especially. The room I stayed in was very well appointed and superviews to boot. Plenty on offer, from wellness to Gym , swimming and Jacuzzi . Even had a sauna ! Very lively bar and did not feel the need to hunt for restaurants. Great food on offer. Definitely recommend.

Stayed: April 2018
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you reviewing your stay with us. I was very pleased that you found the Ferrycarrig to be the perfect retreat and we are very grateful for your kind words.
It will be my pleasure to share your views with the entire team who will be most proud.
Thank you so much for your recommendation and we look forward to looking after you once again in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This hotel has spectacular views from every room. Very clean and spacious rooms, comfortable beds. Mineral water and chocolates in room on arrival. Fabulous breakfast. Bar food is excellent and very reasonable.

Room Tip: Arrive as early as you can. There is lots of parking, but very little at front of hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I was so pleased to read of your experience at the Ferrycarrig and particularly pleased to hear that you enjoyed our bar food and found it very reasonable in price. Breakfast is an important if not the most important meal of the day and I am so glad that you rated our offering so highly.
We sincerely appreciate your compliments and we hope that you will consider a return visit sometime very soon again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I have stayed at Ferrycarrig several times. It provides a comfortable overnight stay before or after a Rosslare-Fishguard ferry crossing. The staff are friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable. Just a couple of quibbles. Food in the restaurant is fine for a simple breakfast but evening fare in the bar or restaurant is poor, often with long waits and hard-pressed staff rushing between tables which are left uncleared for too long. If you are approaching the hotel from Rosslare, watch out for the road sign to the hotel which is easily missed. All in all you get the impression that the hotel lacks a manager with the authority to make an acceptable hotel into a very good one.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was pleased to read of the positives but at the same time disappointed to learn of the quibbles. I appreciate and respect your feedback but am surprised to that you found our evening fare in the bar or restaurant poor as this is very much not the norm in terms of feedback.
I hope you can appreciate that over the Easter period we are dealing with very large numbers in our property with a lot of kids on school holidays as in most other Irish hotels. This is by no means meant to excuse uncleared tables.
I as the manager do indeed have the authority to make the hotel a very good one and indeed I feel we have done so which is most evident in the awards we received and the countless positive reviews to back this up. We are constantly striving to improve and upgrade and with all due respect I cannot accept your last remark.
I am sorry if we let you down in anyway and most disappointed that you only found the hotel acceptable.
We very much hope to improve on this rating.
Thank you for staying at the Ferrycarrig.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Enjoyed this hotel. Service was friendly and efficient, Staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good and plentiful. Also served a kipper on request. Room was nice and big with a lovely view of the river, full of birdlife and interesting tides.
Suitable for all ages really, because children could have fun away from the main areas and even the bar restaurant had a quiet spot for adults only!
The posh restaurant was good too, but just a few niggles about the presentation of unnecessary add ons, eg the cheese board mixed the chutney with the cheese, a crime for cheese lovers!
A good base for several attractions around Wexford, the Birdlife sanctuary, Dunbrody famine ship etc, lots of ideas in the brochures stand.

Room Tip: Some rooms required a long walk, but the view was worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Ferrycarrig. I was so pleased to read of your experience with us and so glad that you enjoyed your break away so much.
We sincerely appreciate your compliments and I look forward to sharing them with my colleagues.
We hope to welcome you back sometime in the very near future.
Thank you for choosing the Ferrycarrig Hotel.