“Overnight stay for a Wedding”
Review of Ferrycarrig Hotel

Ferrycarrig Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ferrycarrig
Reviewed 9 January 2017

I'll admit I'm not the easiest person to please, I have got high standards and I can honestly say my overall experience at the Ferrycarrig Hotel did not disappoint. It was perfect. I was grateful for the good service, the excellent food, the lovely room and friendly staff. I have to particularly compliment the breakfast ...it was amazing! I'm just sorry I didn't get the chance to make my own pancakes with nutella, this was only due to the fact I was so full from everything else there from the fresh fruit to the full Irish. Overall very enjoyable stay. Highly recommend.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to express your views. I am so happy to hear that the Ferrycarrig did not disappoint and indeed to read that it was perfect is of such high reward. I am delighted that you experienced good service, excellent food alongside friendly staff and a lovely room. It is particularly satisfying to receive a rating of "amazing" for breakfast.
Thank you so much for your recommendation and we hope to look after you again very soon.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

i loved the hotel, very classy, beautiful view over the river, modern rooms, very nice pool with gym and all other amenities, loved the food too! great for families with kids - every sat there is entertainment for kids

Room Tip: all rooms are overlooking the river, would go for deluxe again next time
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Ferrycarrig. Your review was a delight to read and we sincerely appreciate your compliments. So great to hear that you enjoyed the facilities, food and the beautiful views on our doorstep.
We hope to have the pleasure of your company sometime in the very near future again.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

This hotel Need to buy quality tea. for a four star+ the quality was just cheap which is not good enough....it had an Aldi type of taste. The Staff were v. Friendly all over the hotel,the price was not cheap,but not dear.Would return if they will stock better tea!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank F8941ZCkenn

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate and respect your comments and assure you that they will be given due attention. I am happy that you experienced friendly staff during your stay. I am somewhat concerned to hear of your dissatisfaction and disapproval with our tea offering. This is something that I have not been advised of before and I am unable to comment in regards to your comparison to a supermarket brand, only that it certainly is not. With the utmost of respect tea is a very personal and selective beverage and pardon the pun" sometimes it is not everyone's cup of tea". Our guests seem quite satisfied with our present offering but we certainly will schedule a taste test from a reassurance view point.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope that you will consider a return in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Family few days away went on 30th dec for new year and from arrival to leaving we had a fantastic weekend... staff were just so nice pleasant and helpful..we had 2 of my nephews with us and the entertainment was fantastic for them.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to share your views. I was delighted to read of your experience and so pleased that you enjoyed a fantastic weekend and encountered pleasant and helpful staff throughout.
Thank you for your kind words and indeed for choosing the Ferrycarrig.
We hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

As a hotel employee I had to work over Xmas. So, this was my xmas hols. Upon arrival we were told we had been upgrade lovely. The room was spotless and had a balcony with a stunning view over the water. Everything was great, had lunch in the bar, with a wedding coming in we felt a little under dressed, but enjoyed the atmosphere.
We decided to have dinner in the restaurant, I ordered the fillet steak, and I like it well done, twice was asked if I minded waiting, no problem. Then asked if I wanted it butterflied so I didn't have to wait! I wasn't in any hurry! We weren't eating late so why the time issue ?? Steak came and was burnt, I didn't say anything as I had asked for it well done! Then came the bill, I was charged €32 for the burnt steak and then he added €7.50 supplement, €40 for a burnt small steak! As a restaurant worker I know how much a steak is and this wasn't it. Not happy.

The following evening we decided to eat in the bar instead because of our previous experience. Again I ordered the steak (sirloin this time) hoping I would enjoy this one. It was on a bed of mushrooms and onions which were swimming in grease. I brought this to the attention of Rose the supervisor and told her of the previous evening, she was Brilliant and quick to deal with the situation, I just wanted to enjoy a steak! I'm told this is not the norm. Apart from the food issue we had an amazing stay. Breakfast was abundant, delicious and efficent. Have to also give a nod to the lady in the hair salon, and Jodie from the spa.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2017

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very happy to hear that overall you had an amazing stay with us but disappointed to learn of the steak issues. I must apologise for letting you down. I am sorry that we did not get the opportunity to address our shortcomings the first night but satisfied that Rose dealt with the situation on the second night. I most certainly will visit this concern with all concerned.
I will ensure to convey your compliments to Yvonne in the hair salon and also Jodie our therapist.
Thank you again for your comments and indeed for choosing the Ferrycarrig.
We hope that you will consider a future visit when next in the region.
Derek Coyne

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferrycarrig
3.4 km away
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown
16.5 km away
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Ferrycarrig Hotel? Share your experiences!