As a hotel employee I had to work over Xmas. So, this was my xmas hols. Upon arrival we were told we had been upgrade lovely. The room was spotless and had a balcony with a stunning view over the water. Everything was great, had lunch in the bar, with a wedding coming in we felt a little under dressed, but enjoyed the atmosphere.
We decided to have dinner in the restaurant, I ordered the fillet steak, and I like it well done, twice was asked if I minded waiting, no problem. Then asked if I wanted it butterflied so I didn't have to wait! I wasn't in any hurry! We weren't eating late so why the time issue ?? Steak came and was burnt, I didn't say anything as I had asked for it well done! Then came the bill, I was charged €32 for the burnt steak and then he added €7.50 supplement, €40 for a burnt small steak! As a restaurant worker I know how much a steak is and this wasn't it. Not happy.
The following evening we decided to eat in the bar instead because of our previous experience. Again I ordered the steak (sirloin this time) hoping I would enjoy this one. It was on a bed of mushrooms and onions which were swimming in grease. I brought this to the attention of Rose the supervisor and told her of the previous evening, she was Brilliant and quick to deal with the situation, I just wanted to enjoy a steak! I'm told this is not the norm. Apart from the food issue we had an amazing stay. Breakfast was abundant, delicious and efficent. Have to also give a nod to the lady in the hair salon, and Jodie from the spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4-star Hotel located 4 kilometers outside Wexford Town on N11. 102 stylish & spacious bedrooms & suites - all with views of the river Slaney. Award winning waterfront Dry Dock Bar. Reeds at Ferrycarrig waterfront restaurant - 2 AA Rosette Award Winner, 5-star Active Health & Fitness club with 20m pool, Olympic standard gym, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room. Supervised children's play programs, Baby Clubbers (0 - 4 yrs) and Crazy Clubbers (4 yrs - 12 yrs). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LateRooms and Ebookers so you can book your Ferrycarrig Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Wexford
- Wexford Hotel Ferrycarrig
- Ferrycarrig Hotel Wexford