“After Xmas break” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ferrycarrig
Dublin, Ireland
“After Xmas break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

As a hotel employee I had to work over Xmas. So, this was my xmas hols. Upon arrival we were told we had been upgrade lovely. The room was spotless and had a balcony with a stunning view over the water. Everything was great, had lunch in the bar, with a wedding coming in we felt a little under dressed, but enjoyed the atmosphere.
We decided to have dinner in the restaurant, I ordered the fillet steak, and I like it well done, twice was asked if I minded waiting, no problem. Then asked if I wanted it butterflied so I didn't have to wait! I wasn't in any hurry! We weren't eating late so why the time issue ?? Steak came and was burnt, I didn't say anything as I had asked for it well done! Then came the bill, I was charged €32 for the burnt steak and then he added €7.50 supplement, €40 for a burnt small steak! As a restaurant worker I know how much a steak is and this wasn't it. Not happy.

The following evening we decided to eat in the bar instead because of our previous experience. Again I ordered the steak (sirloin this time) hoping I would enjoy this one. It was on a bed of mushrooms and onions which were swimming in grease. I brought this to the attention of Rose the supervisor and told her of the previous evening, she was Brilliant and quick to deal with the situation, I just wanted to enjoy a steak! I'm told this is not the norm. Apart from the food issue we had an amazing stay. Breakfast was abundant, delicious and efficent. Have to also give a nod to the lady in the hair salon, and Jodie from the spa.

Stayed January 2017, travelled as a couple
derekcgm, General Manager at Ferrycarrig Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very happy to hear that overall you had an amazing stay with us but disappointed to learn of the steak issues. I must apologise for letting you down. I am sorry that we did not get the opportunity to address our shortcomings the first night but satisfied that Rose dealt with the situation on the second night. I most certainly will visit this concern with all concerned.
I will ensure to convey your compliments to Yvonne in the hair salon and also Jodie our therapist.
Thank you again for your comments and indeed for choosing the Ferrycarrig.
We hope that you will consider a future visit when next in the region.
Derek Coyne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just had to add another review, to recognise the continuing high quality of the Ferrycarrig Hotel. We have visited a number of times over the past 20 years, and it remains one of our favourites. The views of the estuary are lovely, the bar food is very good, Reeds Restaurant is excellent, and the service is always top drawer. We enjoyed a wonderful family wedding in October (top venue for a wedding), and we returned for a thoroughly enjoyable New Year's Eve weekend package. Still one of our favourites, and thank you again to all the good people in Ferrycarrig Hotel.

• Stayed December 2016, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us and we very much appreciate your loyal custom. I was so pleased to read your comments and it will be my great pleasure to convey such positive words of praise to the entire team. "Simply Superb" has an extremely rewarding ring to it.
We are delighted to feature of your list of favourites and we very much look forward to welcoming you back sometime very soon.
Very best wishes from all at the Ferrycarrig.
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed for two nights for my brothers wedding. From time of check in to check out.... staff were amazing. No request was too big. Food excellent for all our meals. Breakfast set up really good.
As a Wedding venue excellent. Amazing setting.
Cater really well for kids too in the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for finding the time to express your views. To have the Ferrycarrig described as a "great hotel" is so rewarding and indeed brings a satisfying smile to my face. I am so pleased that you experienced amazing staff and excellent food during your stay. I look fowrad to passing on your comments to all my colleagues.
We sincerely appreciate your compliments and we hope to have the pleasure of looking after you again very soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A great place to stay - we have 3 kids and always love staying at this hotel. The service is, by far, the best we've seen in our travels throughout Europe. Our 3rd stay thus far and I'm sure we will be back!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback. We are most grateful for your compliments and to have the service at the Ferrycarrig rated as one of the best on your travels throughout Europe is of such high reward and is somewhat flattering.
It was our pleasure to have you with us once again and thank you for continuing to choose the Ferrycarrig. We sincerely appreciate your custom and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
County Wicklow, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I booked this hotel as a gift for my mother for Christmas, we stayed between Christmas and New Year with my 4 year old son. We had such a lovely stay from start to finish I cannot fault this hotel. I booked the two night stay b&b with one evening meal. The meal was fantastic at Reeds restaurant. The bar food was also really good. The staff on reception at arrival were so welcoming and this continued throughout our stay with all staff - they are very attentive and friendly with children. The pool area is great for kids and adults. My mother had treatments done - a facial and back massage - both thoroughly enjoyed and again another friendly staff member. The breakfast is great, my son loved making the pancakes and the front of house staff again very friendly at breakfast too. The grounds and views at hotel are lovely, it's spotless and the Christmas decorations were lovely too. Can't wait to go back.

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I was delighted to read of your experience and so pleased that you had such a lovely stay over the festive period. It is most reassuring to hera of welcoming staff coupled with greta food and facilities.
It will be my pleasure to share your views with the entire team at the Ferrycarrig.
Thank you once again for your kind words and we hope to have you back very soon indeed.
Derek Coyne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferrycarrig
3.5 km away
16.4 km away
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
11.9 km away
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa

Been to Ferrycarrig Hotel? Share your experiences!