All reviewsattending a weddingbeautiful housecomfortable bedsrelaxing staybreakfast was excellentpennardandreworeospanielsheepcroftannexhostssomersetaccommodation
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Wonderful beds, excellent bathrooms - you're in seriously good hands here tucked away in a charming part of Somerset. This B&B is a real gem and Andrew was a pleasure to deal with. Thank you for a wonderful night's sleep!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed here at the beginning of December as we had a wedding nearby. The house was in a beautiful setting and after a long, cold, delayed journey from London, snuggling into our big bed was just what was needed. Andrew was warm and welcoming when we finally arrived, after kindly waiting up late for us as our train was delayed and we struggled to get a taxi. Breakfast in the mornings was great and set us up for our day at the wedding and sorted out the heads the following morning. What a lovely house, thank you for having us.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2017

This is a beautiful house in a beautiful place, which feels cared for and loved. We were 8 people - a family of 3 generations plus a friend, and we took over the house and annexe! Andrew and Frances were so warm and accommodating even though we were quite messy (in our arrangements) being uncertain about arrival times, who would be there, where we would all sleep, when we would be coming and going, etc, and even helped us organise an extra little bed in the Croft so that the 3 children didn't all have to sleep in the same room. Breakfasts were fantastic with a lovely fruit salad, and the yellowest eggs we had every seen, and the children's sudden love for croissants indulged. We loved the chickens running around free-range and the sheep just over the fence, and of course Oreo wherever we went (mostly). The roooms are beautiful - a very elegant mix of lovely old furniture with chic bathrooms and very comfortable beds. I think every detail was considered. I also loved the split levels and the unusual configuration of some of the rooms. The Croft had a beautifully appointed kitchen which my daughter-in-law which my daughter-in-law photographed as she was so inspired. She said she would be happy to live there. The only thing I would like to have changed was the distance between the main house and the Croft, but that's only because we were staying in both - clearly an unusual situation. But actually it worked out fine.Thank you, Frances and Andrew for your tolerance and friendliness. We were unanimous that you provide a really lovely experience there at Huxham. I warmly recommend it to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2017

One of the most relaxing, serene rural settings I've experienced in a long time. Full English Breakfast is cooked and served by the delightful Andrew and very sweet Oreo as his assistant (and self-proclaimed greeting committee). There is also a cat in the house, but she tends to stay away from guests and guests rooms. The stroll around the gardens is not to be missed, greenhouses and veggie plots are great! I enjoyed watching the chickens make their way around the property, while I sat in the garden, drinking a glass of wine and reading a book. My room, with fully modern en suit (and amazing shower), was quiet and on the back side of the house. As per the English standard, I had full tea service in my room. Wifi worked just fine, and there is ample parking for vehicles. Andrew and his family are delightful and welcoming, with a wonderful home to share.

Stayed: August 2017
Andrew J, Owner at Huxham Farmhouse B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Thank you for your kind comments. We enjoyed having you to stay too! Hope the rest of your trip goes well and you go home with a load of new plans. You've given us some fresh inspiration.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Stayed for a long weekend while attending a wedding at Pennard House. Andy was great with contacting me in advance with details and also advice. Fantastic place and great facilities.
Ideal place for a weekend getting away from it all!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo