“A room with a view”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Views from the Terrace
AMAZING VIEWS
Plenty of light,
entrance
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

mini_d51
Sydney, Australia
“A room with a view”
Reviewed 4 December 2017 for a stay in November 2017

This apartment is spacious, light and airy and has the most amazing views of the countryside around Ronda. You also have a distant view of the old town and in the evening it is great to sit on the balcony with a glass of wine and admire the view. It is only a short walk to a good supermarket and is a few minutes walk to the top of Carrera Espinel which is the main street of the ‘new’ town of Ronda. To get to many of the famed tourist sites of ‘old’ Ronda - the bull ring and Puente Nuevo, for example - it is a 15 - 20 minute walk and then the ‘old town’ is beyond that. The bed is comfortable and the apartment is clean and tidy although it is decorated in a very particular style which may not appeal to some people. The kitchen area has a microwave and an oven right over the sink, and as there is no dishwasher it made washing the dishes challenging. One of the couches was very uncomfortable because it dipped in the middle and really needs to be replaced. Also, although it was not relevant to us, the apartment is advertised as accommodating 4 but this is really 2 adults and children; I could not have imagined sharing what is essentially one large space with two other adults unless we were planning to spend virtually no time at the apartment and privacy was not an issue.

While Juan was friendly and helpful when we met him and was at the meeting point on time, I found his communication and meeting arrangements prior to our stay overly complicated and unclear. His meeting point is at a petrol station which is only a couple of minutes walk from the apartment, but his emails before this seemed to suggest that this petrol station was a 12 minute walk away and I could not understand why he wanted us to meet him there. This was eventually clarified but misunderstandings like this are so unnecessary. Juan would make life so much easier for himself and his non-Spanish speaking guests if he had prepared, clear instructions for getting from the bus and train stations which he just sent to you. We travelled to Ronda by bus and we would have really appreciated it if he had sent us a map or, at least, some detailed instructions about how to get from the bus station to the meeting point at the petrol station. (Google Maps chose a less direct route and got us lost.) As we discovered when we left, it is a very easy walk to the train station - about 12 minutes - and the bus station four blocks beyond that, but you do not know these things when you are new to a place.

Trip Advisor insists on a ‘Yes’/‘No’ response as to whether I would recommend the apartment to a friend. I have chosen ‘No’ simply because I had some reservations which I have outlined above; really I wanted to select ‘Maybe’. We rented 9 apartments during our 7 weeks in Spain and 7 of the owners went out of their way to ensure the comfort of their guests, providing basic supplies of fresh food, washing machines etc - but I’m not reviewing them here. I would tell my friend to consider this apartment but to also look at other options.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
11 Dec 2017
I always try to make my guests as comfortable as possible in my apartment, it is intended by all means to find the apartment easily, so I send them location by Google Maps (and meeting point address) if this seems difficult even I would approach any point of the city to facilitate the arrival if necessary.
I take my time with the guests,so they have all necessary information, and I am always available to help them in anything.
MazBrisba...
Brisbane Australia
“Quiet apartment with great view”
Reviewed 6 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Easy and close parking on the street made it easy to transfer our luggage to the quiet and safe apartment.
Very comfortable bed with great views over the valley.
Juan was very easy to communicate with.
The excellent Tropicana Restaurant was just around the corner.

11 Dec 2017
I'm glad to know that you enjoyed the apartment, for me it's was a pleasure hosting you."
Lisa B
“Beautiful View!”
Reviewed 22 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

We had a lovely stay at this apartment. The view from the balcony is absolutely breathtaking! The location is just outside of town, but walking or driving to get closer into town for hiking and exploring was quick and easy. Juan was very responsive during both the booking process and our stay - he even came and fixed an outlet for us!

Reviewed 24 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

Eileen A
Erskine, United Kingdom
“Great Apartment”
Reviewed 28 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

Fabulous place to stay, amazing views, super apartment, light, airy and modern. Very near the town centre, the old town, shopping, restaurants and bars. I would highly recommend it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
11 Dec 2017
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing