“it's OK..but, we've moved on...”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Village Bakery Dundas
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Dundas
Reviewed 2 April 2018

our local hit and miss bakery, sometimes good, sometimes not so much....we all have good and bad days.....the old Post Office is a quaint location

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Found this place while taking a walk in Dundas, waiting for my Mom to finish her eye appointment. Saw the bakery sign and was intrigued by the The Old Post Office building that it was in. The bakery was very clean and presentable. Bought their date square which was good, butter tart square which was great, eccles cake which seemed a little dry, short on filling. Their loaf of brown bread was good along with caramel crumb squares which were good with coffee and tea but would most likely not be my choice next time. Service was excellent. Overall, we enjoyed our treats which we had on our trip back home. I have tried to find a website for them without success as I would like to see the lunch menu. The reviews on Trip Adviser are not overwhelmingly wonderful but my experience so far is good enough for me to go back and try lunch sometime.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Tasty baked goods-everything from specialty breads to meatpies and quiche, fruit pies and scones, great variety of squares,bars and cookies as well as cinnamon buns-all equally delicious. You can even sit down for a light lunch there too. Treat yourself. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I keep returning to this local bakery, wanting to support it, trying different things, hoping there will be something good there, something that I've just missed. Nope. Had a "new recipe" brownie today, and it was probably the worst brownie I've ever had. Was dry, airy, and had almost no discernible chocolate flavour. When the frozen baked good that the Starbucks down the street ships in are far better than anything you're baking, it's really time to give up. Seriously, how does this place stay in business?

3  Thank RamblingGal42
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Great place for lunch. Home made soup and a sandwich made with fresh baked bread Service is always friendly and quick.