“Girls night out”
Review of Betula Restaurant

Betula Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 60 Restaurants in Dundas
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

The location is great, it has a parking lot. I am not a fan of street parking. The service was great, the place was busy and the service didn’t suffer. My friend and I both had the burger, prior to coming I checked the menu and planned on getting the hen, but the table next to us had burgers and they looked fantastic, it may have been the loaded fries that caught my eye. So burgers it was. The food was great, the burger patty was huge, it really didn’t have to be so big. The fries were fantastic. I wish the burger had more condiments on it, parts seemed too “bready”. The choices of local ciders and beers was great. Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 25 October 2018

I've eaten lunch at Betula's on a couple of occasions during the week.
The first time I had the Buttermilk Fried Chicken sandwich with fries and a glass of peach juice. The sandwich came with two pieces of battered chicken breast, one inside the bun and one on top. I was not a fan of that assemblage, since the piece of chicken on top left the top bun covered in oil. I dabbed off as much oil as I could with my napkin. The piece of chicken inside the bun had some gristle in it, which I did not like. Overall, the sandwich tasted okay but there are better tasting fried chicken sandwiches anywhere else at half the price. The sandwich came with a generous serving of fries, which, unfortunately, tasted burnt, so I didn't finish eating them. At the time, I was avoiding sodas and alcohol, so I had a peach juice which was just the stuff you'd get at the supermarket.
The second time, I had the burger and fries (made them "loaded" for an extra $3) and a bottle of LagerShed Lighter. The burger included a slice of cheddar cheese, bacon and onions. It was really good, but the bacon was cut too thick, so when I bit into it the whole strip came out. I did like that the burger stayed together. One of my pet peeves is when a burger is so stacked that it falls apart when you bite into it. The fries had the same burnt taste as the previous time. Maybe it's the cooking oil. When you get them loaded, they drizzle mayonnaise and shred parmesan cheese on top. It made the fries easier to eat. As far as beer goes, Betula only seems to carry craft beer. The waiter recommeded LagerShed Lighter when I asked for a Corona. It was pretty good. It's priced about the same as the Corona at other restaurants.
The service was really good both times, except the first time, the server gave me the stink eye when I paid my bill. Maybe he wasn't happy with the 15% tip? I had no issues with a different server the second time. He was very polite, chatty and welcoming.
Both times I dined in and was sat in the main dining area in front. There's another dining area in the back as well. The first time, they sat me at the "chef's table", which is a counter in front of the open kitchen. The seats were hard, wooden stools with no backrest. They were very uncomfortable and left me with no place to put my coat. I ended up just putting it on the stool next to me since no one else was seated at the "chef's table". The second time I visited, I noticed they had a coat rack behind the host's podium. I don't remember if it was there the first time, but now you know.
The second time, I sat on a bench that runs along the wall of the restaurant. It had a low backrest which was not much help. Although it was covered in fabric, it did not have any padding. It wasn't as uncomfortable as the stool, but it wasn't very comfortable either.
The first time, I went around noon. There were two other people there, but it did begin to fill up within the hour I was there. The second time, I was the first one there after they opened at 4:30pm (they close between 2:30pm and 4:30pm). Four more people arrived after me and were the only others there when I left.
The restaurant has free parking for about ten vehicles.
It also has free WiFi.
I would probably return again to try some of their dinner items, but I wouldn't go there to eat something that could be found at other restaurants. You could probably get chicken burgers and hamburgers of similar or better quality elsewhere at much lower prices.

1  Thank darkERA
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

We tried some unconventional breakfasts and were terribly disappointed. The wait stuff was great but never asked us how our meal was nor why we left most of it o our plate.

1  Thank Madeline G
Reviewed 6 October 2018

Very fresh, tasty food. Some oriental flavours particularly on some of their vegetarian dishes. A new/modern sort of atmosphere. Pleasant service. All round, a satisfying and interesting eating experience.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

Food is always good but tonight server was slow and unattentive and brought a bill at twice the actual cost which we contested! Also charged for 9oz wine when we were served 5oz. If you want to charge good prices service has to improve a lot!

Date of visit: September 2018