“$$ Very Good $$”

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Old fashioned English cookery; Teas from around the world
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Some friends were in town and had time for a quick visit so we met here. None of us had been here before but we all like tea shops. Our waitress was Sue who truly is perfection as a waitress.
One of us had an Expresso ($3.00), and all four of us had a single pot of tea ($6.00 X4). We also wanted something to snack on so each couple ordered a Cheese Plate ($14.00 X2) and we also ordered scones ($7.00 X3). The scones were just okay but everything, and I mean everything else was excellent. They were very kind and let us stay into the lunch hour as we enjoyed our visit.
The bill came and with taxes in was over $85., over $100 with tip added in. This was an very nice visit, but some tea with snack for four coming in at over $100. seemed a bit expensive. It was a great experience, hard to find flaws but if you go, be prepared as it can get costly.

1  Thank David B

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Excellent place to take a good friend for a lovely lunch! Great food and staff - always enjoyable! Recommend the scones and specialty tea for a nice lunch or afternoon tea

Reviewed 28 June 2018

My son and I went to Taylor's Tea Room on June 26 for a Belated Mothers Day Lunch. I have complicated life-threatening food allergies and had my own home-made lunch with me confined in a clear tidy-looking Tupperware container. It was not obnoxious-looking, it did not smell, nor did I need it warmed up. They refused to accommodate us due to my having my own food, despite the fact that I explained about my food allergies and that we would be purchasing other food and beverages (my son a full meal, and beverages for both). I have been going to restaurants with friends or my son, with my own food now for over ten years and yesterday was the first time I ever had a problem. Just so everyone knows what the law is on this: there is NO health regulation or by-law against my bringing my own food (for the reasons I provided) into a restaurant for my own personal consumption. By doing so, this gives me access to a public eatery, the joy of eating out, and eliminates my risk of having an allergic reaction.

Brayden E, Owner at Taylor's Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Hi Emerson905,
My apologies that you were not able to enjoy a meal with us that day. While we indeed do not allow outside food in the dining room, I invite you to try us again in the future; we have taken great care to prepare a local, from-scratch menu with options for a variety of dietary restrictions, and I am certain we can accomodate your allergies.
I would be happy to go over some options with you any time.
Best wishes,
Andrea, Front of House Manager

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Was I to have street food or relax at Taylors Tea Room. My choice to go to Taylors and my choice to order the high tea for $ 28.00. Way too much $$ for what I got...was to be some tiny cut sandwiches....but instead I was served some chintzy open faced crackers. one baby croissant with egg on it...that was not bad except for the onions in it...not everyone likes onions...the other was a fingernail spread of cream cheese along with thinly sliced cucumber...another was a sliver of a cold cut ...I don't remember what was on the other cracker....the scone was large, warm and good, served with cream and jam...3 tiny pieces of pastries, a few grapes and a strawberry cut in half. ...along with this, was tea or coffee, but was not asked if I wanted a refill....
Way too much $$$ for this.
I just finished reading another persons review on the high tea portions.[ not enough for a bird ]..very upsetting to pay this and walk away still hungry.
Maybe if I decide to go back, just have the soup and sandwich...would be less $$ and more filling.
The waitress was very nice.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is my favourite place to take a break after shopping in our great downtown. Lunches are well prepared and presented, service is warm and friendly and a great variety of teas. Desserts are wonderful and there is a few vegan options. It is a wonderful place to take the women in your life although I think men are quite comfortable here.