All reviews kahuna burger sandy beach burger bar continental breakfast night scene big kahuna has great food alarm clock off season puerto rico guest house bring earplugs enjoyed my stay wonderful hotel mini fridge the location is perfect tamboo tavern
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

The service from the manager and the employees were excellent. They were very helpful and kind. I stayed at the Dogman Suite and it was beautiful and comforting. The view compliments the ambience of the hotel. On my next visit to Rincon I will definitely stay again. I recommend Casa Verde Hotel for your stay in Rincon!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank margilex
Reviewed 19 March 2017

I have traveled all over the world and never wrote a review. I was upset when I got home and I decided to write one on CASA VERDE - RINCON

I Asked for a late check out or extended stay. Since Manager was not at property Front Desk could not make a decision. Finally after certain calls to the Manager from the front desk and analyzing all options I decided to go to Lunch at the Hotel Restaurant / Bar across the street and agreed with the Front Desk to take things out of the room and leave at 2pm. Please verify with young girl at front desk.To my disbelief the front desk clerk shows up to the restaurant at 1:30 pm and tells me that she just received a call from the Manager that we have to leave immediately. So I stood up, left my Lunch and my family at the table and left to take things out of the room and leave.

I had the Manager called by phone since he is not on site (seems to manage the property from home) and he told me screaming that I was like ALL Puerto Ricans looking for an advantage. This Puerto Rican had 2 rooms at around $500 and spent a lot of money at the Kohuna Bar Restaurant and was spending at the time. I asked for the owner but was also not available. By the way the Hotel was almost empty so there was no need to kick me out like that. They had offered me that I could stay until 5pm for $50 extra.

Besides an untrained Manager and Front Staff that are very nice but can not make decisions:

There was No Ice when we arrived at 10:30 pm - Manager staff Told me Ice Machine is Broken and if I wanted ice I had to go buy it at a gas station. I was paying over $500 for 2 rooms and arrived at 10:30pm. Hope they can fix it soon. If I was the Manager I would go buy ice for the few guests at the Hotel. Doesn't that make sense? Three days at the Beach and no ice at a $200+ hotel. It sounds stupid but these are the little details that separate one Guest House from another. These are Guest Houses not Hotels.

No cell phone access
Soltaire Restaurant never opened.
Noisy till 1pm. So if you are from Puerto Rico or not a surfer this hotel is not recommended for you. Surfers don't mind the service. They are into the waves and the bar across the street.
No reliable Hot water.
White water coming out of Bathroom faucet. Reported at Front Desk but nothing happened. Hopefully is not contaminated.
Good A/C
Very nice security people. Felt very secured.
Clean rooms.
Inside the property is very tranquil.
Poolside Bar never opened

Recommendation to Owners:

Start by getting a Manager that respects your Guests. Also have him work out of the Guest House.

Room Tip: Ask to see if they have cellular phone access and reliable hot water
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank RICARDO A
Reviewed 15 March 2017

First of all, location is great, is across the street from Tamboo and Sandy beach so you can just walk there! Then there's the hotel itself with beautiful rooms that are spacious, clean and modern. The beds are great and everything is set so you can enjoy your stay as much as possible. Casa verde has a nice little pool with outdoor shower, perfect to get out the sand before going into your room, and taking an unwining afternoon dip. They offer a complimentary continental breakfast that's good for getting an start up on your day(coffee/bagels/fruit) also they have a nice bar as well with cheap beer (yay!) and a gift shop which proved very convenient since I left my toothbrush.All in all , great place to stay, highly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank jamyl a
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed in rincon for a couple of days. Every night after a long day on the beach we would go to casa verde. It was always the spot. Lots of nice people. Workers are great and really care about the service.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alex L
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Casa Verde is just a two minute walk from Sandy Beach (it's basically across the street) and consists of two separate buildings. On the left is reception, the fine dining restaurant, the pool and rooms. The right side (where we stayed) has more rooms, Kahuna Burger/Bar, a gift/convenience shop and outdoor sitting areas. The entire facility is IMMACULATE. Inside and out, at all times of the day and night. The room itself looked and felt brand new and had every convenience one could wish for. Queen bed, full size dresser, satellite television, loveseat, table with two chairs and a credenza with mini fridge, coffee maker (with real mugs!), microwave, wi-fi hotspot & free bottled water. Plenty of pillows, good quality linens and blackout curtains topped it all off. Bathroom is small but modern and nicely appointed. There is a downside and it could be a big one - the bar offers live entertainment nightly and as I mentioned, we were right near it. The music lasts until at least midnight so if you're looking for quiet, this IS NOT the place for you. If you close the bathroom door, it helps but even with the TV on, we could still hear the music pretty clearly. It did t keep us up, but that may have had something to do with the awesome Pina Coladas...! There are a few places within walking distance but not many. Sandy beach is pretty wavy but big and great for walking, exploring. We very much enjoyed our stay here and truly appreciate their friendly staff and fine attention to detail!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple