All reviews kahuna burger sandy beach burger bar big kahuna walking distance off season puerto rico enjoyed my stay room was clean and comfortable mini fridge pool bar queen bed the location is perfect common areas a great place to stay pedro martina
Reviewed 19 March 2017

I have traveled all over the world and never wrote a review. I was upset when I got home and I decided to write one on CASA VERDE - RINCON

I Asked for a late check out or extended stay. Since Manager was not at property Front Desk could not make a decision. Finally after certain calls to the Manager from the front desk and analyzing all options I decided to go to Lunch at the Hotel Restaurant / Bar across the street and agreed with the Front Desk to take things out of the room and leave at 2pm. Please verify with young girl at front desk.To my disbelief the front desk clerk shows up to the restaurant at 1:30 pm and tells me that she just received a call from the Manager that we have to leave immediately. So I stood up, left my Lunch and my family at the table and left to take things out of the room and leave.

I had the Manager called by phone since he is not on site (seems to manage the property from home) and he told me screaming that I was like ALL Puerto Ricans looking for an advantage. This Puerto Rican had 2 rooms at around $500 and spent a lot of money at the Kohuna Bar Restaurant and was spending at the time. I asked for the owner but was also not available. By the way the Hotel was almost empty so there was no need to kick me out like that. They had offered me that I could stay until 5pm for $50 extra.

Besides an untrained Manager and Front Staff that are very nice but can not make decisions:

There was No Ice when we arrived at 10:30 pm - Manager staff Told me Ice Machine is Broken and if I wanted ice I had to go buy it at a gas station. I was paying over $500 for 2 rooms and arrived at 10:30pm. Hope they can fix it soon. If I was the Manager I would go buy ice for the few guests at the Hotel. Doesn't that make sense? Three days at the Beach and no ice at a $200+ hotel. It sounds stupid but these are the little details that separate one Guest House from another. These are Guest Houses not Hotels.

No cell phone access
Soltaire Restaurant never opened.
Noisy till 1pm. So if you are from Puerto Rico or not a surfer this hotel is not recommended for you. Surfers don't mind the service. They are into the waves and the bar across the street.
No reliable Hot water.
White water coming out of Bathroom faucet. Reported at Front Desk but nothing happened. Hopefully is not contaminated.
Good A/C
Very nice security people. Felt very secured.
Clean rooms.
Inside the property is very tranquil.
Poolside Bar never opened

Recommendation to Owners:

Start by getting a Manager that respects your Guests. Also have him work out of the Guest House.

Room tip: Ask to see if they have cellular phone access and reliable hot water
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank RICARDO A
Reviewed 15 March 2017

First of all, location is great, is across the street from Tamboo and Sandy beach so you can just walk there! Then there's the hotel itself with beautiful rooms that are spacious, clean and modern. The beds are great and everything is set so you can enjoy your stay as much as possible. Casa verde has a nice little pool with outdoor shower, perfect to get out the sand before going into your room, and taking an unwining afternoon dip. They offer a complimentary continental breakfast that's good for getting an start up on your day(coffee/bagels/fruit) also they have a nice bar as well with cheap beer (yay!) and a gift shop which proved very convenient since I left my toothbrush.All in all , great place to stay, highly recommend it!

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jamyl a
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed in rincon for a couple of days. Every night after a long day on the beach we would go to casa verde. It was always the spot. Lots of nice people. Workers are great and really care about the service.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Alex L
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Casa Verde is just a two minute walk from Sandy Beach (it's basically across the street) and consists of two separate buildings. On the left is reception, the fine dining restaurant, the pool and rooms. The right side (where we stayed) has more rooms, Kahuna Burger/Bar, a gift/convenience shop and outdoor sitting areas. The entire facility is IMMACULATE. Inside and out, at all times of the day and night. The room itself looked and felt brand new and had every convenience one could wish for. Queen bed, full size dresser, satellite television, loveseat, table with two chairs and a credenza with mini fridge, coffee maker (with real mugs!), microwave, wi-fi hotspot & free bottled water. Plenty of pillows, good quality linens and blackout curtains topped it all off. Bathroom is small but modern and nicely appointed. There is a downside and it could be a big one - the bar offers live entertainment nightly and as I mentioned, we were right near it. The music lasts until at least midnight so if you're looking for quiet, this IS NOT the place for you. If you close the bathroom door, it helps but even with the TV on, we could still hear the music pretty clearly. It did t keep us up, but that may have had something to do with the awesome Pina Coladas...! There are a few places within walking distance but not many. Sandy beach is pretty wavy but big and great for walking, exploring. We very much enjoyed our stay here and truly appreciate their friendly staff and fine attention to detail!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 831JenniferB831
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

We were really looking forward to staying here, but were repeatedly disappointed. We stayed on the top floor, expecting a nice ocean view while we sat on our semi-private terrace. Sadly, the view could only be seen if you stood at the low wall at the edge of the terrace. The cushions on our lounge chairs were wet, and my husband went downstairs (no phone in room) to see if they had extra cushions that might be dry. He was informed that the cushions could not possibly be wet, since a) it hadn't rained that day, and b) the cushions were waterproof. We had no warm water the day we arrived, sweaty and grimy after hiking en route. The same helpful girl at the desk explained that we couldn't be out of hot water, because the water heater was solar powered, and it hadn't rained that day. No, there was no manager we could talk to until 7 am, even though this was in the late afternoon. The next day, the building manager explained that the hotel had not expected to be completely full for a week at a time when it purchased the underpowered water heating system. We still didn't have water even warm enough to contemplate a shower the next morning, but finally had hot water, after letting the water run for 5 min, in the mid afternoon. The room cleaning service gave the room a lick and no promise, leaving a dirty wine glass in the room. The stairs to our room were not standard, with very high risers that were challenging for my short, arthritic legs. There was no one to help with luggage, so I am grateful we could manage that. There were 2 rooms, one of which I expected to be a sitting room. It had one chair, and one low piece of furniture that I suppose was a futon, but not something you could sit on. The continental breakfast was a sorry affair, as well. The "juice" was a powdered orange drink, like Tang. The were bagels, bread, dried out mini pastries, two kinds of cereal, apples, pears, and grapefruits. Tropical island, with mostly imported fruit..... you figure. All in all, it would have been fine at 1/3rd the price, but we certainly didn't get what we paid for.
Keep looking.....

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Billy B, Owner at Casa Verde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2017

WebRads,
I am sorry your stay with us did not live up to our expectations. Since Puerto Rico is a tropical island, many of the plants that surround our area grow very, very quickly. What could be an unobstructed view one day, may look like a jungle the next. We are approximately 100 yards from a beach with coconut palms and royal palms growing ferociously. Our hot water system we use is indeed a solar hot water system. It has a 480 gallon capacity which generally meets the needs of our guests. However, the GM is correct when he said it struggles to keep up with demand when the Hotel is full for an extended period of time. Therefore, we have installed heating elements in all of our tanks in hopes to avoid this problem during high demand periods in the future.
I am a bit confused with regards to our cleaning staff. They, including the General Manager have some of the highest standards I have ever had the privilege to work with. We have a 32 point checklist which must be completed whenever they clean a room and this would be the first complaint in nearly 6 years regarding cleanliness. Wine glasses are not part of our inventory for a room and one can only infer as to why it would not have been cleaned.
The rooms are furnished in what is referred to as, European contemporary design. It will have all of the comforts of home without being bulky. I will certainly let our interior decorator know your thoughts. With regards to the continental breakfast, Puerto Rico has little to no agricultural industry. Most of our fruits and vegetables are imported from other countries. It is unfortunate and I wish it were different...but, we felt providing imported fruits and vegetables was better then not providing them at all.
Lastly, we have 5 different room categories and pricing to choose from...I would suggest our Standard or Superior rooms for the next time you stay with us. The Superior Room located on the 1st floor maybe a better choice as there are no stairs to navigate and is significantly less expensive then our Penthouse Suites.
Thanks for your feedback,