“Missing ODE this year!”

Ode to the Elephants
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ode to the Elephants offers authentic Thai flavors prepared by Chef Kevin Ngowusan. The restaurant overlooks Sandy Beach in Barrio Puntas, Rincon. A definite MUST dining experience in Puerto Rico.
Reviewed 20 February 2016

I am very sorry not to be able to write a review because Ode has closed! I miss their fabulous martini and the Asian Fusion cuisine...AND that fabulous view. It has been reincarnated in downtown Rincon as the Green Thumb Grill, which I hope to try.

2  Thank Mary R

Reviewed 20 January 2016

The sushi here is fabulous, especially anything made with crab, but the noise level is extreme. Between the noisy table next to us and the overly loud music, we could not carry on a conversation. I loved the food but would not return again.

1  Thank David M
Reviewed 6 January 2016 via mobile

Really nice place well done, indoor and outdoor dining the view outside is outrageous. The food is good, but the staff are polite

Reviewed 27 December 2015

This is the perfect spot to have dinner and contemplate the sunset on the west coast of Puerto Rico. It was easy to get to the locale after driving from town. We got there around 6:00pm and the place was already packed. My recommendation is to get there early, especially on weekends, if you don't want to wait to get a table. There was parking available at no charge. Our waiter was friendly and prompt even though it was a very busy evening. There was a mix of patrons, locals and foreigners. Our waiter spoke English and Spanish. No need to worry if only speak one language! Food was very tasteful with very nice presentation. There was a wide variety of plates ranging from Caribbean, Asian and American styles with a little twist and Puerto Rican flavor. We chose to sit on the outdoor area where you get to see nice view of the ocean and sunset. By the time we finished our food it was dark. We looked up to the sky and counted the stars above, something we miss by living in the big city. Very romantic for a date.

1  Thank Lorenzo17
Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

I really like Thai food and the time we came there most of the entrées where not available so I had to order what was available. I like spicey and hot food but one of my daughter ask for the spice to be mild and they couldn't do it. So that's was my experience; not coming back.