See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 January 2016 via mobile

I loved this place. It's right up the hill from sandy beach and some nice restaurants and gift shops. Jakes Java is down the hill too. Dennis (one of the owners) is like the mayor of Rincòn. The food at the sushi bar was good and the rum punch is only $4!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2015

Stayed at all the available locations. Had a blast at them all. I like the cabanas because the beach is just steps away. Places were always clean and stocked ( almost always with leftover booze from the previous occupants). Owners are super nice, she brought me her own blender to help make our mangoritas. All the rooms came with washers/ dryers which was very helpful on a long stay. Would stay there again even though we moved to the area not far away.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2015 via mobile

This is tucked away and simply amazing. You are ocean front with a private beach. What could be better? It's super quiet and private.
It's managed by a great guy eliar who was super helpful.
It was clean and had air- which you don't need because of the amazing ocean breeze.
Since there are only two units in the building there is virtually NO noise and not many people to see. In fact we didn't see our other residents at all!
There's a nifty outdoor shower and two hammocks to lounge in.
You are right across from pools bar and grill and rincon taco. And just down the street (walking) from bar tambu for a little nightlife. I def recommend this place.
Has wifi, but I could never connect. Although I'm sure if I said something to eliar he would have corrected. But it was just the place to unplug and connect with the beauty of nature and the sea.
Ps- also a great place for whale watching- saw a few great spouts!!!
Enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2015
Reviewed 20 January 2015

My wife and I had an amazing time staying at the Love Shack! It’s just up the hill from the owner’s property and beach so we felt safe while still having privacy. It feels like you are in a jungle tree house. The best part is the beach - there are rock formations on both sides, so you literally have your own private 200-yard beach! There is a hiking path from Domes nearby so occasionally people would find their way over but we literally saw no more than 5 people on "our beach" the entire week we were there! And there were definitely some waves to surf right in front of the house, which has a rocky coral bottom covered with a thin layer of sand.

The only thing I would say is to know what to expect. The Love Shack is a little on the rustic side, but it has everything you need. If you are looking for luxury accommodations, look elsewhere. This place is more for an adventurous couple who is looking for a laid back and secluded vacation away from it all. The owners were also incredibly friendly and very helpful with tips on things to do and what to see.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2015

Pools Beach was absolutely perfect for our stay. we stayed in the A frame house at the back on the second level, and had so much space which was perfect for what we were after. It was close to the beach and the food at pool bar sushi was incredible so we ate there every night. Our hosts were so accommodating and had a lot of advice about what to do and see during our stay and organised surf lessons and other extras for us during our stay.
Cannot wait to come back to pools beach ASAP!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends