All reviews coconut drink puerto rico continental breakfast great bar banana boat beach bar ocean view party atmosphere hotel restaurant hotel guests night life laid back rental car air conditioner french toast pirates karaoke
Reviewed 30 June 2018

My wife and I booked Villa Cofresi for our 15th wedding anniversary. We picked Villa Cofresi because it looked like the perfect balance of relaxation, romance and night life that we would enjoy to celebrate our anniversary. BUT... our child care provider suffered a broken wrist the day before our trip and could not look after our two girls (10 and 6).

We decided we would postpone, then we would look for another sitter, then we would postpone....Finally we made the decision, we would add the girls and make it a family vacation instead!

After adding two last minute airfare (ouch), I called the hotel to explain the situation and request changing from a king size bed to 2 double beds. I was informed that I would need to contact Expedia to change the rooms. However, a few hours later, I received a call from Mardy at the hotel informing me that she had re-arranged a few things would be able to get us a room with two beds!

We arrived at the hotel on a Tuesday after 6 hours on a plane an hour layover and a three hour car ride Upon entering the lobby we were greeted by a friendly smile and were address by name! It was Mardy, she had put my face with my voice after a brief 3 minute phone conversation from the day before. Wow. She then upgraded us to an oceanfront room with a balcony facing the sunset. Best customer service ever! By the way, we speak almost zero Spanish.

The room was perfect for the four of us, with our own private jacquzzi bathtub which the kids loved. The air conditioner was cold, shower pressure excellent and our room (117) was perfect location to the pool, beach, bar and entrance. Housekeeping was good, however the de-humidifier was not emptied and the tub leaked a bit. No big deal, the only negatives...

We all had a great time snorkeling in front of the hotel and swimming, then being able to get to the pool and beach bar just steps away. i We ate several meals from the beach bar, quesidillas, fish tacos and nachos were all very good. Grilled Ham and cheese sandwiches on the continental breakfast... Yes please! and Fruit Loops! Ice machine on 2nd floor was perfect for filling up the styrofoam cooler from the Econo- mart (a must go for basics and drinks)and exploring the close by beaches at the Marina and at Dunes,Maria and Sandy beaches.

The house drink, La Pirata Especial was a little strong for my taste, however was served in a coconut and I was able to remix with some virgin pina colada and it worked out perfect! The people were going nuts over them as everyone seemed to be holding a coconut! It was great!

The crowd did pick up quite a bit on Friday and Saturday night which really only impacted the parking and wi-fi. The liveliness at the bar was quite entertaining for the whole family, even though we couldn't understand the songs, the people were great singers and were really into it. We did not have any issue with excessive noise late into the nights. On Saturday evening a group of boats docked right outside our balcony and some young people had a great time swimming and partying, but once we closed the door we couldn't hear a thing.

Turned out to be a great family vacation. A great time to be had by all. Highly recommend Villa Cofresi or families and couples!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank johnkell
LalaRincon_P_R_, General Manager at Villa Cofresi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Hello johnkell,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! It was such a joy to read it! As you mentioned, Villa Cofresi is the perfect balance of relaxation, romance and night life, but also a great place for a family vacation. I am so glad the addition of the girls to the trip was a total success. I also appreciate you mentioning Nardy, our front desk clerk. Our staff is our best asset; they truly go above and beyond to make guests feel welcome and at home. She was recognized for your review and was so happy!!!

I am so pleased everything was perfect in the room, pool, beach, bar and entrance. Housekeeping was also informed about the things you mentioned, so sorry about that. Also, thank you for mentioning you enjoyed the snorkeling and swimming at the beach, our Bohio Beach Bar menu, our continental breakfast and ice machine.

Our Pirata Especial, served in a fresh coconut since 1965 is definitely not for everyone. It sure is a crowd favorite though!

Karaoke nights are also pretty famous among our visitors. So glad you enjoyed and got to experience some of our Puertorrican culture.

It was such a pleasure having you and your family with us! Looking forward to receiving you again in the near future for another family trip or that well deserved anniversary trip. Maybe next year!!! Always at your service at your new home in Rincon, Puerto Rico!

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I have been coming to Rincon for many years as its my mom's hometown and I still have family living here. This has been my 3rd visit to the Villa Cofresi and while it has one of the best locations in town and are right on the beach, they are primarily focused on the bar area which is their real money maker! The rooms are okay with the older rooms having those horrible printed scratchy bed covers and the new rooms having very thin white covers. The cleaning staff overlooked empty water bottles and a empty cup for the 3 days we were there. I'm not sure if they thought we were building a structure with them! The included breakfast, if you wish to call it that, consist of cereal, bread slices, ham, cheese and fruit, so basically its a sandwich! If you want eggs or anything else it is $6.95 - $12.95 for registered guests! Very disappointing. The pool in this island opens at 10:00 am and closes at 7:00 pm which I don't understand given that the weather is warm all day long! If your family is a registered guest and you visit them, you cannot use the pool while they are enjoying it but they don't have an issue taking your money over at the bar for food and drinks. The fact that the nickel and dime everything is very disappointing. Maybe by my next visit, they will have implemented some changes!

Room Tip: The quieter rooms are away from the bar area.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank 607sandraa
LalaRincon_P_R_, General Manager at Villa Cofresi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Hello, 607sandraa. I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us. Thank you mentioning our great location right on the beach. I can assure you we do not primarily focus on the bar area; all areas of the hotel are equally important to us and we strive to be better every day. We are a family owned hotel and we spread our love to all areas equally. We have been upgrading and remodeling rooms little by little. We have been established for 53 years and are constantly renovating. I am so sorry our cleaning staff overlooked your water bottles and empty cups. They are very careful about throwing away guests belongings. Our continental breakfast includes variety of breads, variety of cereals, ham, cheese, fruits, coffee and juice. As you mentioned, other alternatives such as eggs, pancakes, waffles, French toast, amongst others are available for an extra moderate price. As for the pool, it opens at 10:00am and closes at 7:00pm due to the proximity to many rooms. We offer pool passes for non-guest on weekdays. The pool is exclusively for guest on weekends as we are fully booked. Our bar is open to the public in general everyday. Thank you for your suggestions; we value your opinion and patronage. I hope you can visit us again soon! It's always a pleasure receiving you at Villa Cofresí.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

It is not the first time we visited this hotel. The first time the service was excellent. However, on this occasion our experience was bad. If you go to this hotel with the intention of resting and being relaxed, ask for a room away from the bar. The bar is open during weekends until dawn. This time we played a room in front of the bar and the music was playing until dawn and we could not sleep. I can understand that there are people who are going to drink and have a good time, but if the hotel administration knows that the reservation is familiar and with small children, they should supply other rooms away from the bar. I'm going to complain about the situation with the hotel manager and he tells me that the noise is normal and that he can not do anything. The noise of the karaoke continued until dawn and at that same time I returned to the manager and told him that I wanted my money back and that I would leave the next day. They never offered us a change of room or something different. I DO NOT RETURN TO THIS HOTEL EVERYTHING !!! We ended up at another hotel where the deal was perfect. Thanks to the Courtyard Hotel for saving our vacations.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank luzmerari
LalaRincon_P_R_, General Manager at Villa Cofresi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Hello, Luzmerari. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I was very disappointed to read you had this experience with us since we are not accustomed to getting this type of reviews.

Firstly, thank you for staying with us for a second time, we value your patronage. We are sadden you did not have the same experience as your first visit. As you mentioned, we do have a bar with music were people have a good time. Our front desk clerks inform customers before making a reservation about noisy rooms due to music. The music in the bar shuts down at 12:00am, not dawn. We do have very quiet rooms for those who come to relax, far away from the bar as the one you stayed in your first visit. I apologize if you were not offered a change of room; you were probably here during high season and none were available.

Please send us an email at info@villacofresi.com with the name on your reservation and date. We must make an investigation in this matter, as further action must be taken. We never want to see a customer leave unhappy and we would love to have you again with us. I hope you give us the chance to make it right next time. You already experienced our excellence one time. Always at your service at Villa Cofresí.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

The best, I have been at many hotels in PR, but never have had the experience in service as in VIlla Cofresi. From the first step in the hotel till you say goodbye , the service is the best. At breakfast I was telling my partner that the coffee was as American coffee, and from nowhere a lady came to us and said, don't worry i will get you real coffee. After that the I saw that lady and she was doing cleaning in the main lobby. My point is that the lady had nothing to do with the restaurant and she fulfill our need. There many other good experience. Also, a great please to have fun.

Room Tip: First floor in front of the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
LalaRincon_P_R_, General Manager at Villa Cofresi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Hello, Roberto! Thank you for such a wonderful review! "Never have had the experience in service as in VIlla Cofresi" are very big words and we feel honored you consider us as such. We are so happy our employees went above and beyond to serve you. They truly understand our mission of outstanding service. Looking forward to having you again with us soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We spent three nights at Villa Cofresi and had a great visit in Rincon. The staff from pre reservation was very helpful. When I called to ask a question the staff suggested that I request a room far from the bar for quiet so I did. Our room was indeed far away from the bar and any noise. We also paid a little extra for an ocean view room, which was totally worth it. We had a huge room with a king size bed, sofa, and large balcony. Everything was very clean and seemed updated including in the bathroom. On our way to the hotel from San Juan we ran into flooding on 115 and the staff was again very helpful when we called for alternative directions. The open lobby, bar, and pool deck where all immaculate and beautiful and right on the water. Though there are still some chairs on their beachfront they really did lose most of the beach to Maria, but the hotel is very well situated and plenty close to other beaches. Parking was also included. We had no complaints!

Room Tip: I would suggest an upper floor and ocean view
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jbarnett50

Hola from Rincón, Puerto Rico! Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. It makes me very happy you have such wonderful things to say about your stay in Villa Cofresí, especially about our staff. It was a pleasure having you with us and I hope to serve you again in the near future.