All reviews coconut drink puerto rico deluxe room continental breakfast great bar banana boat bar scene beach bar ocean view party atmosphere fun place ping pong hotel restaurant hotel guests night life laid back rental car
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

After Hurricane Maria, the property is restored. It is an ocean front property. We really like this hotel. Considering the famages done by the hurricane, it still has a great ambience. More work needs to be done, but it is worth the stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
LalaRincon_P_R_, General Manager at Villa Cofresi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you so much for your great description. We worked hard after Maria to reconstruct, rebuild and remodel. We are slowly getting our beach back!!!! We hope to have you with us in the very near future. Always at your service.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My husband and I shared a 5 day getaway to Puerto Rico. Three days at the Villa Confresi flew by . . . though each and every one of them was cherished.

Most appealing was the staff's commitment to helping make our stay the very best. They regularly offered to do things such as fill our ice bucket, carry luggage, etc. The parking gets overcrowded when the restaurant/bar is busy, though staff will help you find a place to park.

The size of the room we received was incredible. That the room completely delivered on "ocean view." I was pleasantly shocked to find a balcony that looked out to the ocean. THAT is an ocean view!!!

The restaurant staff was also friendly and accommodating. While short-staffed one evening, our server did his best to keep everyone feeling the mood.

The daily breakfast was simple, and enough to satisfy my husband and me. Each morning a different selection of juices was served . . . and that was quite fun.

I gave this stay four stars, yet on so many fronts it is five. Once the hard-working remodelers have completed their work, I feel confident that it will be ready to shine to its fullest!

Enjoy!

Room Tip: See if you can secure a room with an ocean view! Ours was INCREDIBLE!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
LalaRincon_P_R_, General Manager at Villa Cofresi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hola from Rincn, Puerto Rico! Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We are so glad you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed our facilities. Thank you for mentioning all the things you liked about us especially our staff; they go above and beyond to make our guest feel welcomed and happy. It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to serve you again in the near future!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped in to enjoy the famous
piratas ; a mixture of alcohols served in a coconut - be careful - they hit you hard ;
They have a local and tourist crowd that lends to a cool atmosphere ; Ruben Caro the original owner has built up quite the establishment . Definitely worth checking out there restraint on site for a delicious steak !
Music / pool tables - and a all around friendly environment - a local landmark for all to enjoy -

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Hola from Villa Cofresí! Thank you for visiting us! We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us. You are right! That coconut does hit hard, but it is definitely a crowd favorite. Thank you for mentioning our founder, Rubén Caro. I know he must be so happy and proud to see from heaven what the hotel has become. It was a pleasure having you with us. Come back soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My wife and I were staying in a rented house elsewhere in Rincon during early Feb of 2017 and we spent some time eating and drinking at the hotel. The food and drinks we enjoyed while there were great, as were the people working there, but thats not why I writing this review.

The week after we were in town my daughter and her fiance were scheduled to celebrate her birthday and their engagement at the Confresi, but were forced to cancel due to some other circumstances. In anticipation of their arrival, my wife had wanted to surprise them with some nice flowers and champagne in their room, so she made arrangements with the woman working front desk and she paid her in cash at that time. As I said before, my daughter had to change plans, so we just chalked it up as a loss and forgot all about it.

Last month, more than a year later, my daughter received a phone call from the hotel requesting our name and address so they could send us a refund. Seems they were sorting through papers from last year and they came upon my daughters reservation paperwork with the cash my wife left still clipped to it. Amazing that in this day and age, in addition to the severe hardship that the people from the hotel have endured following Maria, that they would go so far as they did to get the money back to us.

We haven't been able to get back down to Rincon thus far this year, but we will be making the trip in the fall. When we do I can assure you that we will be spending quite a bit more money at the bar and restaurant than the money that was refunded plus we will be sure that we bring along a bunch of friends to do the same.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank jayboats121
LalaRincon_P_R_, General Manager at Villa Cofresi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Hello! Thank you for this review; we were definitely not expecting it. We did come across your refund sorting through papers and sent it back to you. It was the right thing to do! It would be a pleasure to have you with us. Looking forward to meeting you! Anything we can arrange for your future stay please let us know.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a weekend in family trip and we all have enjoyed and felt pretty comfortable with the service, food and rooms. Please feel free to come by and get a perfect time visiting Puerto Rico, after Maria we need it.

Stayed: April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are so happy you enjoyed your family trip and were pleased with our service, food and rooms! You are definitely right, the best way to help Puerto Rico is to support tourism! Looking forward to having you again with us in the near future!