All reviews coconut drink puerto rico deluxe room continental breakfast great bar banana boat bar scene beach bar ocean view party atmosphere fun place ping pong hotel restaurant hotel guests night life laid back rental car
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

I am not staying in the hotel but from the lobby and the bar area the facilities looked cleaned and well maintained. Keep in mind this hotel is over 50 yrs old. But the family that runs it have a lot of ownership pride and everything seemed to be running smoothly!
We came here for the Coconut drink special! Spectacular! Beware, you need to eat something when consuming this specialty drink! The good thing is that you can get up and enjoy the view of the Ocean! It was a wonderful no clouds day!
Then we stayed for the food. The server, Mr. Israel, set us up in a table by the bar but immediately dresses it up for dinner. I ordered the lobster Mofongo and it was the best Eat I had In a long time. I recommend everything about this bar and restaurant. The food/ drinks were excellent, the staff was diligent, courteous and professional. Great place to stop while in Rincon!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

This is our second stay, in two years. Some improvements have been madr to the facility such as blowers and safes in every room. Service as always, is very good. All the personnel strive to make guests feel
at home. Great ambient in the lobby.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Great hotel to see the sunset. The "special" coconut is delicious. Friendly and professional staff. When we visit Puerto Rico, we always stop by at villa cofresi hotel.
This hotel provide night entertainment and water activities that include jet skies, vans boat and more. Highly recommended!

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

The hotel IS beautiful, and the beachside bar IS a great place to watch the sunset, but you might as well plan on watching without a drink.

Let me tell the story as I told it to the Desk Supervisor on my way out of the hotel.

After I had introduced myself, I started.

"Look, you tell me your response to the following story.

"I came in with my girlfriend, got her a place to stand at the railing, and went to the bar to order drinks.

"I did not mind waiting five or six minutes to get a bartender to come over to me; they were busy. I ordered a piña colada, made with Barrilito Rum, and asked for one of the hotel's Piratas, a signature and well-advertised mixture of rums, fruit juices, and coconut milk, sprinkled with powered cinnamon.

"I explained that my girlfriend did not drink alcohol, so I asked him to leave out the rum, but made clear that I would pay the regular price.

"He wound up putting down two clear plastic glasses in front of me. I knew perfectly well what was in the glasses, but i asked what the cloudy liquid was, and he said, 'Coconut water.'

"I inquired, What about the coconut?'

"His abrupt answer was that they had run out of coconuts (more in a minute). I asked, 'What about the fruit juice, coconut milk, cinnamon?' He told me that the bar was out of those ingredients, too.

"The bar, in reality, was continuing to make other drinks with all of the above, and we had stopped as we entered the hotel at the shed to the right of the main entrance and had seen a staff member whacking up dozens of coconuts and piling them into a shopping basket.

"I looked at the two lifeless, insipid plastic glasses of coconut water and said, 'I sure don't want those!'

"The bartender picked the two plastic glasses, walked back to the bar, and poured the water back into a prep jug.

"I expected him to then make my piña colada, particularly since I had asked that it be made with an obscure but wonderful Puerto Rican rum, but he just walked away to wait on another customer.

"So, is that how you want your staff to treat customers?"

The manager stammered and said, 'Well, we have been short of coconuts.'

I responded, "I know how many coconuts you have. I saw the pile of them on my way into your hotel. Because of your inadequate answer, the five people who were going to join us for dinner will be happy to eat somewhere else tonight. And you will never see US again."

I waited for him to respond in one fashion or another, but he just looked embarrassed.

As I walked into the parking lot, I saw my girlfriend chatting up the coconut-chopping man. She had just told him the same story, and his only response was, "I am also a bartender, but I know the customer is always right."

Part of the problem, beyond clearly-inadequate training, is not the fault fo any employee. I had had time while waiting at the bar to scrutinize the very bad processes all the folks behind the bar suffered. Ingredients and equipment were stored in a helter-skelter fashion that probably tripled the "make" time for each drink.

Just sloppy management.

Villa Cofresi might get a five for ambience, but it only deserves a two for execution.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
LalaRincon_P_R_, General Manager at Villa Cofresi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2016

Thank you for writing about your experience at Villa Cofresi. We apologize for the situation. It does not reflect our mission and vision of service that have characterized us for the last 52 years. We will investigate exactly what happened and take action immediately. We will consider your suggestions about the processes being used. Let me assure you that our management is not sloppy. This was an isolated incident, we take responsibility and will act on it. Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to have you with us in the near future to really show you what the Villa Cofresi service is all about. Happy New Year.

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed there for a week before Christmas crowds. Overall it was a very good experience.
The crews are super friendly, food and drinks are good. Room and free breakfast are basic, but enough for the price.
We had problems with shower pressure but no big deal. Room walls are thin so you better ask for a room away from the bar.
It's very nice they have three pool tables, one pingpong table and some arcade machines, but they really could replaced the pingpong paddles and pool sticks. My favorite is sitting by the bar and enjoying breakfast or dinner for sunset. Will definitely come back again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple