New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Lazy Parrot Inn

Lazy Parrot Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Rincon
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Best place for a vacation !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

I had a great experience when I stayed in December. When we confirmed the reservation, they offered to upgrade our room for free! This is the best place I've gone for a vacation and we're definitely coming back. Everything about it is perfect, the relaxing atmosphere, the rooms, the staff, it feels as though you've entered an enchanted place that's meant for you to relax :)

4 Thank dannyuchiha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Isabela, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

This lil Inn was so enchanting and romantic. I great lil place to relax, sit by the pool and veg. If you are an active person it is near the beach and centrally located to all you would want to do in Rincon. our bed was so comfortable and had our own private balcony. There are only two things I can say negative about the place. The water pressure was low when taking a shower, but I loved the place so much I didn't care. The $$$ restaurant the bears same name, but is separate from hotel was awful. My husband's pasta tasted like soap and my pork tenderloin was raw in the middle. We both had to send our meal back and we don't complain. Either eat out or stick with the food at the Rum Shack by the pool. Reasonably priced and very plentiful. I had the best burger of my life there. Staff is very friendly and room price includes a nice continental breakfast.

Room Tip: There are alot of stairs and no elevator so pick a room in the main lodge so you don't have to d...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NanaBoop
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

As a local PR surfer (back in my day), now residing in the mainland the atmosphere of "The Lazy Parrot" really summarizes my type of place nothing to do but enjoy drinks and sunshine even in December. If ever planning on visiting the island, a few days in The Lazy Parrot should be a must to enjoy our beach culture. Nothing I can write can compare to the experience. If you like great service and tropical settings this is the place.

4 Thank Jose P
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

First off, I like to stay in fancy hotels. My boyfriend however is more about the "experience" meaning he could stay in a shack on the beach. Since he was paying I reluctantly agreed to the Lazy Parrot. From the street it looks pretty basic but step inside...It's like a jungle oasis. My somewhat buget oriented boyfriend picked the value room #1. It was pretty basic, just like you see in the pictures. However it was cozy and clean, and I ended up really liking it.It was super cheap and definitely worth the price. When I go back though I will definitely book a superior room overlooking the pool which has great views of the jungle and ocean and nice balcony. This place relaxes you to the bone. You will meet great people and local expats. The staff was so wonderful. Also they have two fun bars and a restaurant. In my opinion the best food we had in Rincon was at the restaurant which also was served food at the bar. This place is just so special and will sooth your weary soul. However as I read the bad reviews I think it's fair to say if you expect a Ritz Carlton or even a Hyatt, this place might seem too rustic for you. However as someone who lives for staying at nicer hotels, I was enormously surprised. By the end of my stay I had fallen in love. I learned that sometimes the most expensive hotel is not the nicest. I LOVE THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: Splurge for the rooms on 3rd floor overlooking pool. Sounds bad but those offer jungle nd ocean view...
3 Thank silvison
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

My wife and I just returned from a four night stay here. Easy check-in after a long day of travel. We knew the office would be closed when we arrived. They arranged for our room key to left for us. We formally checked in the next morning after breakfast.

Our third floor room was quite spacious. Our balcony overlooked the pool area. Nice linens and bathroom amenities. The shower faucet was a bit finicky. Dish Network on the TV provided a decent selection of channels.

Breakfast each morning provided a nice variety of the usual breads, yogurt, fruit and excellent coffee. Free wi-fi in the breakfast area.

We didn't use the pool as we did our swimming & snorkeling at several beaches in the area. Nor did we eat at the Rum Shack or restaurant.

Overall, a great value. When we return to PR, we'll definitely consider the LP.

3 Thank Dave148
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
2.5 km away
Combate Beach Resort
#1 of 4 in Cabo Rojo
17.1 km away
Holiday Inn Mayaquez & Tropical Casino

Been to Lazy Parrot Inn? Share your experiences!