“Amazing French Toast and Michelada”

The English Rose Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 134 Restaurants in Rincon
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Super friendly staff. We ordered the regular french toasts and the corned beef hash accompanied by micheladas. Ah-mazing!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

The place has a beautiful view, that is it. I can't believe that a place that has such a high demand serves this kind of food. I felt embarrassed for them when they brought my plate. Which was the salmon benedicts on their own. No home fries or salad as a side, just the eggs alone. Poached eggs are supposed to be soft. They gave me hard eggs. I was so hungry that I ended up eating them. But they looked like the plate had been sitting in the kitchen since early morning. On top of that the bartender had the worst attitude, she definitely does not know how to work under pressure. So disappointed on this place.

ruthrose, Manager at The English Rose Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Kassey,
Thank you for your input. You arrived to the restaurant St Patrick's day Sunday, one of the busiest bar days of the year. You walked in at 10:30 with no reservation and were so insistent, we let you sit at the bar to be nice even though we were fully booked for the day. I am not sure if you even read the menu because none of our Benedicts come with a side dish, they have to be ordered separately. Your suggestion that the food was not fresh is ridiculous, I checked your ticket time and your plate was served in under 15 minutes. I personally checked on you at the bar as well as another team member and you said everything was great. If your eggs were not cooked properly you should have let us know and I would have brought you a new plate. In the future, when dining out on a Holiday I suggest making a reservation ahead of time. Sitting at the bar on St. Patrick's day might not have been the best choice for your personal needs. We too are disappointed in your basic understanding of the restaurant business.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We have previously visited the English Rose and have no qualms about its orderly business administration (ie., a rather rigorous and usually punctual reservations system, a relatively diligent service) , its beautiful top of the hill location, its priviledged view from the balcony tables, the steep but intriguing rural road access and an efficient parking allocation in an otherwise limited space. In short, this mainly breakfast/ brunch restaurant offers sufficiently interesting qualities to fulfill a visit with a satisfying, uncommon experience. But, of course, we also go there for its food, right? And it is precisely here where we notice some diminishing elements given its rather elevated menu prices. This time we were surprised about the somewhat unsophisticated aesthetics of dish presentations: mushy greens bed over a significantly burned croissant with meat arranged in a tasteless, unrefined mountain covered by a carelessly placed egg crowned with a thick, uninviting sauce. Perhaps you can argue that their fare is inclined towards a "country", deep south style interpretation of British or international breakfast dishes. Regardless, it appears that the current cook/chef is in dire need of training or supervision with regards to making a dish elegantly attractive and using only the most fresh and crisp embellishment ingredients. Therefore, we suggest owners to take the uncompromising road of excellence in the care of details that could make a difference between running a restaurant for road truckers or gourmet oriented customers.

1  Thank Infinitegusto
Reviewed 4 March 2018

We left San Juan at 8:45AM for an 11:00AM seating in RIncon. We got lost once we were in Rincon (even with GPS it was not clear where to go at the end of the road the restaurant is on) but we asked around and everyone seemed to know and give us correct directions. We didn't have to wait to be seated but there was a line for people without rservations. So... a word to the wise. I ordered their Eggs Benedict which were divine, although a bit bare. You have to order any extras and I didn't. My husband and another person in our group ordered eggs bacon and toast; they liked it fine. Another person in our group of four ordered eggs and bacon but substituted the toast for french toast. The toast was not fully soaked in the egg mixture and the result is that they were dryer than usual. The cofee was delicious and plentiful. Service was quite friendly and we were seated at a balcony table where the day was so clear we could see all the way to Desecheo Island. Outstanding atmosphere and Rincon itself was worth the trip.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We had the most amazing breakfast at the English Rose for Valentines Day that we will never forget ❤️

1  Thank PeterIslandParadise