“My favourite bit of my Venice trip”
Review of Alla Maddalena

Alla Maddalena
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Mazzorbo
Price range: US$25 - US$70
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2018

This delightful restaurant is right by the boat stop just before you reach Burano. The crowds of tourists continue to Burano, but we stopped and enjoyed an excellent lunch in this oasis before crossing the wooden bridge and fighting with the crowds again. The waiters were charming, the food was excellent (we had bresaola, prosciutto, insalata caprese, ravioli with sea bass, pasta with prawns, tiramisu .....all perfect). Without doubt my favourite part of my trip to Venice.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

This is a really lovely place - right by the Mazzorbo boat stop. Super food at reasonable prices, without all the crowds. And an easy walk from the restaurant, across the little bridge to Burano. Lovely people. Excellent menu. View out across the canal, so you can watch the crowds go by!

1  Thank QSMPEK
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Instead of having lunch in Burano, an acquaintance who lives there insisted that we try Alla Maddalena. His advice was sound: we had a delicious and peaceful meal in beautiful surroundings, a nice change from the far busier island of Burano. It was a pleasure to eat there, and I hope to return soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

We arrived in Venice on March 31st and wanted to have a Easter Lunch away from the maddening crowds and it was indeed crowded! We chose Trattoria all Maddalena on Mazzorbo based on recommendations. When I contacted the restaurant, they told me about their special Easter lunch with an all seafood menu and I quickly made a reservation for our party of four. Getting out of Venice on Easter Sunday was not easy as the vaporetto were jam packed. Fortunately, the number 12 water bus stopped right in front of the restaurant with few people getting off at this stop. We were greeted warmly and seated immediately at a comfortable table inside. Let me describe the feast we had. We started with a aperitif di benvenuto then brought a bottle of prosecco to start the meal. There were three antipasti, granseola served in its shell dressed simply in olive oil and lemon. Then gamberetti con polentina tenera followed by piovra scottata con vellutata di patate e pomodorinini confit- grilled octopus in a potato puree with tomato.

Primi included risotto di go alla buranella, followed by ravioli di pasta fresca agli scampi.

Secondi was trancio di branzino e scampi ai profumi di Sicilia, sea bass with shrimp.

Dolce consisted of sorbetto al limoncello and the incredibly delicious Bussola e colomba di Pasqua with two sauces, one lemon creme and the other chocolate. A caffe ended the meal on a perfect note.

We had three bottles of some excellent prosecco with our meal, all for 65 euro pp. What an incredible way to celebrate Easter!

Reviewed 17 April 2018

This was some of the best food we had on our trip and the atmosphere is nothing short of extraordinary. Peaceful bliss. Its is one of the few places left in the lagoon where you will be greatly outnumbered by locals. The service in impeccable and the prices very reasonable for the quality. I am almost hesitant to post this because of the urge to keep in a secret. The fritto misto is to die for here.