“Sublime dinner”
Review of Vitalo

Vitalo
Ranked #21 of 83 Restaurants in Caringbah
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We just had the most wonderful dinner at this gorgeously styled restaurant. I had the salmon which was cooked to perfection and was absolutely delicious. We also ordered the pork belly which was divine, the potato chips (a very generous serving), the mixed green salad and the roasted pumpkin salad which were fresh and tasty.

To top it off we had the chocolate brownie, which was out of this word and the coffee and turmeric latte was spot on. We can't wait to come back!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Loved the atmosphere here, cute little place but don't love the change in menu, it's just trying to be too cool. All the new bowls full of mixed ingredients....Nah!
Barista needs a change as well, can only make on coffee at a time, never smiles, can't remember your drinks even when you frequent the place almost daily and has a terrible attitude. There are plenty of other places that offer better service than here with way better food.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We live locally and thought we would support this local restaurant/cafe for dinner, on Saturday night. The atmosphere and the service were fine it was the food that was a let down.
We went with another couple who had the scallops to start with and they were very small, the same couple had the share platter for a main and said it was ok. My wife had the salmon and said it was nice and I had the pork belly. The pork belly was dry and the fat unrendered, I ate most of it but the crackling was uneatable.
When our plates were cleared I mentioned it to the waitress and said she should let the chiefs know. As it is an open plan kitchen we all watch her take the plates back drop them off and not say a single word to the two chiefs who were both standing there
When you offer a small menu which this was I think it is important to listen to feed back and try and get it right. Won’t be rushing back which is a shame.

2  Thank nathan m
Reviewed 3 March 2018

My husband and I dined at Vitalo last night for the 2nd time. A month ago we went with another couple and enjoyed the food. We noticed the chef that was in the kitchen the last time was gone and have since heard that he left and has now been replaced with unskilled ‘cooks’. It’s an open kitchen and the resounding ding of the microwave, warming up precooked meals was obvious, especially when the food was put in front of us. My husbands pork belly was dry and the fat unrendered! The accompaniments were bland and the scallops were small and way too salty.
This is really disappointing since it is so close to where we live and actually has a nice interior. We are hoping the the owners pick up on the feedback soon so we can return. Very disappointed and a waste of money.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We were really looking forward to visiting this cafe having looked at the menus and read the reviews. We were staying in Caringbah prior to picking up our camper.
The setting, decor and feeling of the cafe are all excellent and the staff were very welcoming.
The menu is exciting and we had seared prawns with garlic, scallops and halloumi as starters all of which were excellent.
We shared the Mediterranean platter with a portion of stuffed vegetables and chips. The platter was very good and I had to get the recipe for the cauliflower from the chef as it was delicious.
The portions were generous and unfortunately we didn't have room for the excellent looking desserts.
An excellent meal thank you.