“Beautiful afternoon tea”

Topiary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2017

I attended for a baby shower afternoon tea recently. The restaurant was advised in advance how many people were attending, however when we arrived the table was set for 2 extras. I had to advise the staff that we were ready to be served (waiting patiently and had to go up to the desk and ask). The food when it arrived as fabulous, two tiers of cakes and little sandwiches. Beautifully presented, the scones were a big hit with everyone. I couldn't fault the food, but the service for the price we were paying could only be described as 'ordinary'. We had to ask for drinks and were charged extra for one cup of tea. Considering the cost per person of $45 I thought this was penny pinching. However the over all experience was very pleasant.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

My first visit- I was taken to Topiary by friends. Well worth the trip out of the city. The food was outstanding, so beautifully presented it looked like a work of art and delicious with it.
The setting is breathtaking. The wisteria is coming into bloom and the garden setting is divine.
I had the lamb followed by a shared dessert. Both fantastic as was the wine selected by my host from a boutique wine list.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Best breakfast and scones I have had in a very long time. Have to try the scones with its own blood orange marmalade !

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Living in the area, we have visited often and watched the Topairy restaurant develop. Innovative, delicious, and fresh. Easily the best food anywhere this side of the city.
The staff are very friendly and will do anything to help, but in busy periods there is a bit of a wait. Mostly with the drinks.
We visited for dinner and highly recommend it.
One observation........in the warmer months outside on the verandah is perfect but on cold winter nights the room lacks warmth. I don't mean heating but a warm feel to the room. Wood floors and winter curtains would help the ambience in colder months.
A must try is the home made bread and house prepared olives. Amazing.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Visited for breakfast with a group of friends the staff was lovely and very welcoming. The menu is a little limited but the dishes they do offer are completely delicious! We also indulged in some of their deserts, which like their breakfast dishes, was completely amazing! The menu does change with the seasons since they use local produce in their dishes. The cafe is right next door to a plant nursery so after a fantastic meal you can stroll through their lush garden and spend a little time relaxing and digesting your meal.

1  Thank Katey-x-kat