“A little piece of heaven”
Review of Topiary

Topiary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2017

My first visit- I was taken to Topiary by friends. Well worth the trip out of the city. The food was outstanding, so beautifully presented it looked like a work of art and delicious with it.
The setting is breathtaking. The wisteria is coming into bloom and the garden setting is divine.
I had the lamb followed by a shared dessert. Both fantastic as was the wine selected by my host from a boutique wine list.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Best breakfast and scones I have had in a very long time. Have to try the scones with its own blood orange marmalade !

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Living in the area, we have visited often and watched the Topairy restaurant develop. Innovative, delicious, and fresh. Easily the best food anywhere this side of the city.
The staff are very friendly and will do anything to help, but in busy periods there is a bit of a wait. Mostly with the drinks.
We visited for dinner and highly recommend it.
One observation........in the warmer months outside on the verandah is perfect but on cold winter nights the room lacks warmth. I don't mean heating but a warm feel to the room. Wood floors and winter curtains would help the ambience in colder months.
A must try is the home made bread and house prepared olives. Amazing.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Visited for breakfast with a group of friends the staff was lovely and very welcoming. The menu is a little limited but the dishes they do offer are completely delicious! We also indulged in some of their deserts, which like their breakfast dishes, was completely amazing! The menu does change with the seasons since they use local produce in their dishes. The cafe is right next door to a plant nursery so after a fantastic meal you can stroll through their lush garden and spend a little time relaxing and digesting your meal.

1  Thank Katey-x-kat
Reviewed 3 September 2017

I'm torn because I absolutely love the food and the setting, and most of the time the service as well. I decided to take my parents here for the first time after bragging to them how much I love it. Unfortunately, however, the wait between meals was incredibly long and I could tell my family were becoming irritable, impatient and conversation was dissipating. Thankfully the waitress apologised and we were offered a glass of wine each to compensate for the long wait. This was very much appreciated. Yet by the time we were able to grab someone's attention to order, and then to actually receive the wine, we had already finished our main meal. Once again, the food was absolutely beautiful, but the overall experience was mediocre. I left feeling guilty and apologetic that I had organised lunch at the Topiary and could tell my parents were eager to leave and were exhausted from the experience. I really do love you guys but not sure I will be back anytime soon. Customers, I would definitely still recommend this restaurant, but would be weary for events or peak occasions.