See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 February 2018

I had stayed at this hotel some years back when it was really good. This time however the experience was terrible. It was a shock when I entered the hotel and saw its unkempt look. It seems to have descended to hell. The receptionist was a nice man though but not very bright. The first room I got had a working split ac, but dirty walls, cockroaches crawling all over and cigarette butt in the toilet. I asked for a second room and went through three rooms, all with non working central air conditioning till I found one with the air conditioning in almost working order. But after some time ( about 10 minutes) the ac stopped working. They sent someone to repair who did something to get the motor running ( from the noise) but it stopped again. I gave up after this as it was almost an hour since check in and I noticed the ceiling fan which was thankfully working. Opening the windows was not a good idea due to the busy road outside. Kerala has a non dusty atmosphere so thankfully no dust anywhere.

The white linen was torn and brown in color and heaps of linen were kept on the floor in the hallway.

The toilet was very clean though. Then I ordered coffee and got lukewarm coffee, and the waiter insisted on paying then and there. The coffee was given in a cup that was not covered.

My other partners in travel got a room with a functional ac but no hot water while my room had hot water. So we managed like that.

The TV had only Malayalam channels, not even English news!!

There was a hot water kettle and tea bags and coffee sachets in the room which I did not use.

The breakfast at the restaurant was limited to only two dishes and so we went out for breakfast. Kerala is the land of good food and we found many options nearby as the hotel is centrally located.

To sum up.

Everything about this hotel is bad. AC's dont work, linen is dirty, rooms are not clean, no hot water in most toilets, Kitchen is almost non functional and lots of disturbance at night. It used to be a good hotel once, but has descended to hell now. There are many good hotels in Thodupuzha at similar prices. Better take your business there.

I must add I got a discount for the non functional air conditioning.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, which I suggest you do not, look for room with split ac and not central air conditioning, they dont work.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank thelazyeye
Reviewed 31 May 2016

A budget hotel that is worth every penny that you spent. It has all the amenities that you could ask for. Clean hotel with decent staff and the restaurant is good as well. The hotel located in the town itself. Great place for travellers . *Worth it*

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2016

Its a budget hotel with all amenities of a star hotels. They have variety of menus for dine and very good and spacious party hall to gather family or business meeting or office party. They renovated the hall as part of the 4 star standards. Try their 'Tali meal Lunch'

Stayed: November 2015
1  Thank JaisonJE
Reviewed 8 June 2015

We stayed at Sicilia Thodupuzha on the way towards Munnar..We were a group of 3 families.. Hotel is neat and clean ..Well maintained within the city itself. You should try their " Kallappam & Chicken curry".

Room Tip: rooms facing the side pathway have balconies!!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank kiranreddyblr45
thomasrony, Director of Sales at Sicilia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2015

Thank you for staying with us. Your support and suggestions will help us to serve you better.

Reviewed 16 April 2015

i thought todupuzha dont have any good hotel i booked this hotel by telephone ,when i entered here i really surprised .really money valued hotel .i stayed there two days with my familly i enjoyed.staffs are good and efficient

Room Tip: rooms on forst floor like 101
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
3  Thank vrrajesh679