All reviews pork steak waiter wine pezenas
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch with our family and my brothers family. Sat outside in a fabulous courtyard with really friendly and attentive staff who explained the menu in English for us.
The whole meal experience was fantastic and great value for money, this is truly a hidden gem just outside the tourist trap of Pezenas with its average restaurants.
Would highly recommend and will definitely be returning.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2017

While staying in nearby Pezenas for 10 days we were recommended to pop to Tourbes for lunch at La Maison. The restaurant is a lovely little spot with friendly staff and a nice outside terrace which we duly decided to position ourselves in due to the 40 degree heat.

Our host was a very eccentric chap with interesting beard/moustache combination who insisted throughout the day in telling us to look after our skin and make sure we use plenty of sun cream.

The meal was from a three course set menu for 18 Euro and I chose the melon and parma ham starter which had a melon type of cream. While I would never have normally tried this it was for me the stand out part of the three courses with the beautifully blanched melon contrasting with the saltiness of the parma ham. For main I had the pork, which was a piece of pork belly cooked so nicely that combined with the sweet glaze had me marvelling at the tastiness of it all. My only negative was that it came with a side of sweet potato which I tried and still decided its not one of my favourites. There could of been more pork but in fairness with so many course and the odd taster and bread in between that would of been a greedy criticism. Finally the dessert was a lovely mix of pineapple with pineapple sorbet which again was lovely but by that time I had eaten enough.

In between the eating we had several very drinkable glasses of wine which rounded off a very nice two hours. The 5 stars therefore goes towards the whole dining experience, great food, great value and great staff. I will definitely be back.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Visited as a couple after recommendation from people we were staying with and having read good reviews on here. Certainly lived up to expectations. Food excellent, service just as good, and atmosphere in beautiful terrace area was great. Staff very friendly, and speak good English if required. Price very reasonable for quality of food. Shame we only visited on last night of holiday as would have gone again!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2017

I took a party of 26 ladies from my local Facebook ladies' group (Ladies in Languedoc) to eat at La Maison on Friday 3rd February 2017. The organisation before our meal was excellent, the restaurant co-ordinated well with me gathering menu pre-orders (imperative for big group bookings) and on the day everyone got what they ordered, and more! We were delighted with the little 'amuse bouche' of soupe de butternut squash, tantalising our tastebuds s a warm up to various delights such as, to start, risotto of fresh herbs, salad of quail tandoori or delicious filo pastry salmon parcels. Our main course choices were equally wonderful; ballotine of chicken with mushroom sauce, merlu with crushed potato and roasted celeriac or slow cooked shoulder of pork with savoy cabbage. Our meal was rounded off with a 'café gourmande', including with our espresso coffee, home-made (of course!) Eton Mess and apple crumble. The atmosphere was one of an oxymoronic 'jolly sophistication' - we felt we could chat and laugh, but all in the most serene and classy setting. I can safely say we all rolled out of there happy, full and planning our next visits! A huge thank you to Damien, the Irish chef/owner, Laurent his Maître De and Marine helping 'behind the scenes'. See you soon!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

We had lunch here today.
On the terras, very Nice and cosy location in a beautifull little village where time has stopped.
We took the daily menu, two courses.
The salmon was very special, the swedish way!
Main course was the crispy chicken with filling and a wonderfull tapenade allong the Side and a very good mashed patatoes and my Wife had a kind of white haddock fish wich was very tastefull.

We reccomend this restaurant and have made reservation for tomorrow evening...

Best regards,