“The hunger is over!”

Short Black Espresso Bar
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Penshurst
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary, Healthy
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

I stopped in here for breakfast on a cold morning as I noticed there was plenty of room inside.
I ordered poached eggs, and I got.....poached eggs!
It's hard finding a perfect poached egg sometimes?
The service was attentive as ever, the coffee was nice not too hot or cold..... another dilemma I seem to run into sometimes.
I will definitely be returning here as it is not far from home
Service is important in this day of cafes, so many to choose from.
I noticed the staff knew customers by name- I like that!
I think I chose well today
Short Black Espresso Bar has my vote.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

This place is fantastic. The Customer service is always friendly dynamic and charming. The coffee oh YUM! The team there go out of their way to assist, I have diet restrictions and unable to eat chicken so they make me up a Prawn Cesar Salad instead even though it's not on the menu. My kids also love going there, one of their top 3 picks for eating out on the weekend.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

Been here a few times and every time it's been pleasant.
Reuben sandwich is good. Risotto is good.
Good value for money.

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

Came here for the first time and I was not disappointed. Service was wonderful with attentive staff and the food came in a timely manner and was delicious.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

This was my first visit to this cafe and it won't be the last. The Omelette was fantastic and all the other meals look great too. All meals look well presented and very fresh. When I was there with a friend at around 9am on a Saturday morning and the place was fairly full, which is a good sign. Being quite fussy with coffee, I was pleasantly surprised, as it is also very, very good. Very friendly, helpful staff too, so highly recommended and worth the trip there.