“Needs updating, nice location”
Review of Cyprotel Florida

Cyprotel Florida
Ranked #78 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Not sure why a lot of people are giving bad reviews on here for this hotel. Yes, hotel seems old, but the food and service and location makes up for it. Room was good, but the spare bed could've been better. We had a seaview and was lovely. Tv was very small and only a few channels but was not a problem as we didn't come on holiday to watch tv!
Pool area was quiet as most of the guests (95% of hotel guests were Russian) preferred to goto the sea which was across the road.
Wifi was free in the lobby which you could pick up sometimes.
Service and food at lunch and dinner was very good.
Location was excellent. A lot of bars and restaurants close by. Even the lunapark was only a 15 minute walk from the hotel.
Would like to say a big thank you to Panayiota (Pool Bar) Maria (Reception) and Renetta(Restaurant) for their excellent service.

Not a bad hotel at all, but wouldn't class it as a 4*, more like a 3*

Room Tip: Seaview Room
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
DhCyprotels, Guest Relations Manager at Cyprotel Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

We would like to thank you for your recent stay to Cyprotel Faliraki.

It is a privilege when our customers dedicate some of their time to inform us about various incidents regarding positive or negative experiences during their accommodation with Cyprotels Hotels & Resorts.

Regarding your comments about improvements that our hotel may need, we have already passed your comments to our general manager, he will ensure that if any areas that are in need of improvement will be improved.

Thank you again for your kind words we always try to improve our services and make your accommodation memorable.We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming once again in the future!!

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

The only positive impression from the hotel is its close location from the beach. Unfortunately it is not a 4 stars hotel but maximum 3. Rooms are dirty, towels and pillows smell badly, the furniture in the room is ancient. AC is VERY old and dusty. We stayed 10 nights and our linens were changed just once, which is not acceptable at 4*!!! Also you can find cleaning lady hair all over the bathroom after she "cleans up" the room, the quality of that cleaning is absolutely poor. The personnel is indifferent (with few exceptions, however). I've heard couple of times when the hotel personnel talked about hotel guests in quite an inappropriate manner between themselves (I know Greek language). The food quality is satisfactory, however, do not expect much variety but do expect broken plates and dirty forks. The hotel guests are 99% Russian speakers and you will find almost no Europeans in the hotel unfortunately. I really do not understand who gives 5* rankings on Tripadvisor when evaluating this hotel, I may assume that this is the personnel itself or people who had never travelled anywhere abroad. I think Florida hotel has to reduce significantly its room prices otherwise this is not the hotel to stay in. There are many other better options in Ayia Napa for better price.

Stayed: August 2016
DhCyprotels, Public Relations Manager at Cyprotel Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

It is sad to read through your response and we feel responsible for the fact that you didn’t get what you were expecting. Since this happened, we will examine what we can do in order not to experience similar incidents again.

We will make sure that your comments will be examined and also any areas that are in need of improvement will be improved. As for the sheets and towels, we are sorry you had to experience that, the manager has talked to our cleaning staff to ensure regular changes and we have since changed the company we use for that. In addition to your comment about the food, our chefs have since been trying to offer a larger variety of dishes. The AC issue has been repaired. Lastly, the staff you speak of have failed to uphold the hotels' values and the manager has been made aware of this

We would like to thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

Best hotel I have ever been! Thanks George, Andrei, Renata, Denisa, Dimitris, Valeriy, Alexandra, Konstantina and others! Was enjoying it every second, wish I could stay more!!!! Люблю вас всех, ребята!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Fuad M

We would like to thank you for your recent stay to Cyprotel Faliraki.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming once again in the future!!

Reviewed 29 July 2016

Starting at Reception the lady at the desk couldnt find my reservation for at least 20-25 minutes sio she reprint the arrivals nad by magig i had a reservation and as she quoted"You see my problem you have no room"Then she called for help and by magig i got a room but she tried to charge me extra money for my sons age even though i booked the room with the correct age .When she realised she couldnt she just gave me my room key.Then we went to the room ,the door looked as it was recently boken into ,the bed sheets smell so bad as if they were washed in the river,there was lots of black mold in the Bathroom ceiling while the sink had a few cracksand the veranda edge was unstable to hold on to because not all the screws were on.The pool was being hosed down as not all inpool water supply were working.The small pool next to it had huge stones above your head(kids pool)ready to drop at any given time on your head.Breakfast next day was prepared in containers you wouldnt put food for your pets .That was generally the idea for a 4 star(LOL) hotel

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Christoforos G

We would firstly like to thank you for your feedback and extend our apologies for your experience.

We will make sure that your comments will be examined and also any areas that are in need of improvement will be passed on to the general manager as to be improved. The manner of which the technical issue in the front desk was handled did not follow the guidelines. We have since changed the dry cleaning company for the sheets and towels. As for the veranda edge, this is very surprising to hear as we and our maintenance team prioritizes our customers' safety. The pool which has stones "above" it is the jacuzzi and not the childrens pool, the stones are decorative and fixed in place.

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

Well i recommend everyone to come cyprus ayia napa but not to this hotel. I personally didn't like the foods, some stuff helpful and friendly but not all. Specially the Russian lady at the reception. I went to there she said yes pls and i asked her if i can get spare cos my room mate left with the key. She told me no i need to call the ambulance i cant help u out. Well if u have to call the ambulance why didn't ask me to wait rather telling me no i cant help. When i asked her who can help me if u cant i couldnt get an answer. Waiting there to finish her call then been told if i want the spare key i will have to pay deposit. I said ok how much do u want she didnt give me answer so i left waited until my friend came back. What made me upset that i seen other ppl getting the sapere key just like that but i been asked for deposit its not like im gonna run away with the sapere key. But later of the day she told me sorry and said that i should understand her cos she needs to deal with everyone. I just ok no problem. Ok she might me doing stressful job but she had no right to take it out of me when i just asked her for a key in a polite way. Good things about this hotel its right near to the beach and central.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank HasKo1907

We would like to thank you for your feedback.