“Really good monkfish rice”

Restaurante A Floresta
Ranked #39 of 196 Restaurants in Almancil
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 December 2014

A very nice restaurant , cosy in winter and airy in summer. One of those places where you know a real chef is in the kitchen. The staff are wonderful. Monkfish rice is a favourite in the Algarve, they make it really well here.

Reviewed 18 September 2014

We stopped in for a late lunch after visiting the Quarteira market and just happened to be passing here. We chose from the €12.50 3 course menu along with a large jug of rosé sangria which was lovely, refreshing and full of fruit. While waiting for our starters we had the customary bread along with some very tasty dips, one was tuna and the other an unusual black olive spread. My husband and I both had chicken piri piri for main course and it was the best I've ever tasted in many years of holidays in Portugal. Too often I end up wrestling with bones with hardly any meat on but this had lots of well cooked nicely spiced chicken. All in all the food was delightful and the staff were welcoming and friendly so we will return!

Reviewed 15 September 2014

This is a very pleasant restaurant situated between Almancil and Val do Lobo. the staff are very attentive and the food good. I recommend the set menu for 12 euros 50 as being exceptional value. You can dine inside or outside. Enjoy.

Reviewed 13 September 2014 via mobile

We visited at the last minute, the restaurant we wanted to go to was closed. The host was very welcoming and the service was great. The food was very nice, I had the chowder and piri-piri chicken; my husband had a Caesar salad and the sea bass. We also had a bottle of wine to share, the bill came to €86 which we found to be a bit pricey for the overall quality of the food. The sea bass was too expensive at €24, particularly as I had had it elsewhere for €15 and it was much better. We did not like that you had to buy your veg&potatoes separately; this was a first for us in Almancil. That being said, we did enjoy it but we felt that we had better meals for less elsewhere.

Reviewed 3 September 2014

Simple dishes both meat and fish. I had fish which was simply grilled and was amazing. I liked that portugese ate there and not just us tourists. Pleasant outside table , food great and very reasonable. On my list for when I return next year.