“Delicious meal in a friendly environment.”
Review of Restaurante Gamboa

Restaurante Gamboa
Ranked #8 of 196 Restaurants in Almancil
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2017

After a tasty cover of cheese, pate, olives and prawns, we chose turbot, pork tenderloin and steak. Each item on the menu was carefully described to us by the owner of the restaurant and then served by friendly, polite staff. There was a happy buzz and most tables were occupied on a Monday evening. A lovely selection of deserts were on offer and we shall certainly be returning soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Staff were just terrific, the food was superb and such good value . We loved the personal service and will certainly look forward to our next visit to Gamboa.

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

It worries me recommending very good local restaurants in case it makes it difficult to eat in them! Our favourites are the beef selections, but anything is good to eat here and the staff are friendly without being a nuisance. It is not large so booking in the evening is a good idea.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Always good but rating dropped to 3 stars until singing stops. The silent majority are too polite, so I am giving you the heads up. Save it for the shower.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

I was taken here by a friend who visits regularly. There are many places who do a set 3 course meal for around the same price ad I've used many of the....but Gamboa is a cut above the rest! If you want to know how to run a restaurante...go here and learn from them! They do it RIGHT! Great price (daytime menu..7.5e bread, olives, good choice of main course with rice, salad and chips, a generous serving of decent wine, choice of lovely deserts and...the best coffee I have had in 3 years of living in Portugal!! I had the dorada (golden bream) and it was erfectly cooked. Unbeleivably good. Good food at a reasonable price is fabulous BUT... the service is fast, very freindly and welcoming without being intrusive and they are professional and attentive in a relaxed way that makes it look easy...but I'm sure it's not. The place is clean, bright and pleasant. I really can't find any constructive criticism to offer...as I said before...they do it right!
I'm so grateful to my friend for introducing me to this place. I'll definately be going back and just hope it's not too busy for me to get a table.!

1  Thank Stuart M