Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Excursion40711843819

Bad staff bad-mouthing good staff

Review of Scandic Aulanko
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Jul 2023
Great outdoor scenery but the hotel was quite shabby and the staff seemed miserable. One of the local staff members complained loudly to a younger staff member in front of us guests about a collegues job effort, even though there really was no problem. Very bad manners, local dude about 40 years old who probably was very stressed and wanted to make an impact on the younger workers. Shame on you.
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
Scandic Aulanko, Other at Scandic Aulanko, responded to this review
Responded 1 Aug 2023
Hi, thank you for your visit and for writing us this review. It's a shame that we weren't able to meet your expectations in all respects and offer the level we want to give our guests.
However, it's nice to hear that you had a good time.
Welcome again!
0.0 km from Scandic Aulanko
€65
27.5 km from Scandic Aulanko
View more hotels in Hameenlinna
All reviews spa hotel adventure park beautiful scenery tennis courts riding school old fashion free of charge nice view nature lake bowling minus sauna lover golf
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 July 2023

Date of stay: July 2023
Review collected in partnership with Scandic Hotels
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Scandic Aulanko, Other at Scandic Aulanko, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2023

Reviewed 2 July 2023

Everything is old and needs a massive refit they have pulled up carpet in areas and left the underlay exposed.The rooms look like the last refit was in the 60s It has everything you could need but there is no staff to service anything, which leads to nothing been open and really slow service. The reception always has a line because during peek time there is only one person there. You can never guess if the bar will be open and when it isn’t there are long lines to the restaurant counter with people wanting drinks which makes the restaurant service slow. With a refit a massive hiring of staff and all facilities open it would be a fantastic place to stay. But unfortunately I couldn’t recommend it due to poor service due to a lack of staff, facilities not open and the ancient rooms.

Room tip: Have plenty of time because everything done here takes a long time.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi, thank you for your visit and for writing us this review. It's a shame that we couldn't meet your expectations and offer the level we want to give our guests.
Wishing you a nice summer,
Outi / Front Office

Reviewed 26 June 2023

The dinner buffet was bad and the room was old and shabby. We had to wait an hour in line to check in and get our room. The pools were nice though. The Prison museum in Hämeenlinna was very interesting.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2023

Stayed one night in this old hotel in the beginning of june, which is just before rush season. The hotel is cosy at some level but sometimes you need to do something to refresh the facilities. The spa could use some renovation too. For example the very small outdoor pool is so small and dirty that you simply just don't want to be there. Big pool is ok. Breakfast is ok but it seems like no one in the staff cared that the beverages automat was not working properly and some food was not available, and still it was not rush hour in the morning. My biggest concern though is the hotels restaurant "Little Italy" that seems nice but has got to get guests furious. Had dinner there and I would say the restaurant was 3/4 full at that evening. The staff seemed very stressed when I arrived but I got a table and sat down. Ordered their Little Italy burger with french fries and a glass of wine. Time went by and other guest started to get their food before me. I also noticed that some guests started to ask for their food by going to the bar counter, because the staff would almost ignore them at the tables. After waiting 1 hour and 15 minutes I kindly asked if my food was coming soon. One guy in the staff mumbled something about "I don't know what they do in the kitchen.." and one lady said she would check and and then came to tell me that my food was coming soon. She also apologized and said I would get my glass of wine for free. I got my burger 5 minutes later but it was very dull and poorly made. Not restaurant quality. No one came and asked if it was ok and no one looked at me so I had to walk to the bar again and ask if I could pay. Then I heard a couple ask for their dessert a second time so my guess is that they got some bad reviews that evening. Hopefully they can do better when peak season starts!

Reviewed 15 May 2023

Date of stay: May 2023
Review collected in partnership with Scandic Hotels
Scandic Aulanko, Other at Scandic Aulanko, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2023