Lowest prices for your stay
US$141
View deal
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$141
Orbitz.com
Priceline
All reviews spa hotel adventure park sauna room horse riding non smoking room historic hotel old wing lookout tower tennis courts free of charge golf course nice location railway station nature lake bowling restrictions
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 April 2022

Our family (parents and two children) visited the hotel in summer of 2021 and decided to give it a second chance in April this year. The cleanliness of the hotel in general was a lot better, but still there was a potato chip in the corner and a piece of rubbish under the desk in our room, left from the previous occupant.
One of the reasons why we had booked a superior plus room, was that it has two bathrooms and therefore is really handy for a family of four. Except that there was a really bad sewage problem in the other bathroom and we couldn't use it for the most of our stay, the smell was so bad. We told about it right away and I understand that a problem like that can't be solved immediately, but all we got was a remark "how unfortunate".
On the plus side: there are bath robes for children (that's a big plus), one of the members of the staff at the pool bar is super friendly and for us - there is a horse riding school right next door.

1  Thank smkatariina
Scandic Aulanko, Other at Scandic Aulanko, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Hi,
Many thanks for your review! We’re sad to hear that you weren’t totally satisfied with your stay. We would appreciate your feedback so that we can get even better at what we do.

Best,
Scandic Aulanko

Reviewed 27 April 2022

The booking confirmation says I can change the number of nights if I want, but when I asked about it, it didn't work out. The younger customer service representative said first that it would be OK, then she forwarded me to senior customer service representative and she then said that it is NOT OK.
Why do you lie to customers? Or don't you just want to follow your own rules?
The room was dirty and noisy, terrible sounds outside the room, thanks to the hotel staff, just awful.
Empty beer cans had been left on the balcony by the previous guest, what else was NOT cleaned?
Spa crammed full, no opportunity to spend a cozy weekend there. With the exception of the first evening, the spa was forced NOT to be visited due to its unbearable crowds.
Why does the hotel accommodate more guests than actually can be accommodated in terms of capacity?
There were two really long queues in reception several times, too few staff, I had a simple question to the reception and it took an eternity to figure it out because of the queues.
There was no space in the parking lot, there was a fear that there would be a parking ticket on the windshield when it was impossible to use the hotel's normal customer spaces.
The whole hotel weekend was totally ruined, how can it even be possible to mess up all with just about everything??
Next time, I will read carefully and take into account the reviews given by previous hotel guests.
I promise I will never step on my feet at Scandic Aulanko again!

3  Thank Petri M

Best,
Scandic Aulanko

Reviewed 19 April 2022 via mobile

We leave from the Scandic Aulanko tomorrow morning (20.4.22). I have decided to wrote my review now as nothing will change my opinion between now and leaving.

Now, after reading the reviews commenting on the decor etc, I understand and somewhat agree.

However, for the price, location and what it offers inside and around.... I won't be complaining about it.

We came as part of our honeymoon/wife's birthday. We chose this hotel as it wasn't far from our home in Helsinki but also because of the stunning nature around it. And it is stunning!

There are a couple of things I'd suggest for the future like toilet brushes in every room. Have someone just hoover the children's playroom carpet daily and remove the trash that others have left in there. Would take 3 mins maximum. Maybe a kettle in every room?

I do have many pro's. The staff. The cleaning staff were fantastic and everytime I had asked for something they dropped what they were doing and immediately helped me. With a smile may I add. Good little team you have there! The staff at the spa were lovely also. The two ladies rectified an issue I had with the bowling, due to another guest and I was more than satisfied after. The staff that welcomed us and catered for us at breakfast each morning and the one meal we attended were also lovely.

The room was spacious enough for the 3 of us. It was quiet. Well aired. Had a bath (which they made sure we had. My wife is pregnant). Comfy beds. Nice view.

We don't go on holiday to spend all our time in the room. We go to get out and enjoy what's around. Life is far too short to worry about the decor etc. Lost time that will never be found again.

And we did explore. You have the beautiful Aulanko nature reserve a beautiful 1.5km walk away with its commanding tower and amazing view points. You also have lovely lakes to walk around. A riding school which let's you greet and pet the horses, sheep and feed the rabbits free of charge...just so much to do with zero cost. If you're a nature lover, it's for you. There is a playground and mini golf along with a tree adventure park on the grounds. Tennis courts too and golf.

You'll not be bored.

I forgot the spa. Loved it. Simple.

Will be back one day I hope.

Room tip: If coming by the bus, beware. Sundays there is only one bus an hour but it does take you right into the hotel.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2022

Date of stay: March 2022
Review collected in partnership with Scandic Hotels
Reviewed 19 March 2022 via mobile

Ew, just ew. Disgusting, dirty, worn out, old, sloppy. There is just few words to describe the hotel. In the room everything looked so old and dirty that you really didn’t want to touch anything. It felt disgusting to sleep in the room especially when on the morning my sheet had come a bit off and I saw how yellow the matterss was.

Room tip: Things to avoid: the whole hotel
Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank sjute
Scandic Aulanko, Other at Scandic Aulanko, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2022

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your hotel experience with us, it helps us improve and get even better at what we do. We’re sad to hear that you were not satisfied. As your guest experience is really important to us, we’ve already taken several actions to ensure that it won’t happen in the future.

All the best