All reviewsthe location is perfectpersonal touchin housestar hotelmasseuseunpackelisabethvillagesuiteski
Reviewed 20 January 2018

We stayed at Hotel Angela with our family of 4 young children and it was an absolute pleasure in every way. Angela is a family owned hotel, managed to perfection by Elisabeth and Elmar. It is not a large hotel so it feels very homely while still retaining all of the luxuries and attentive service of a boutique hotel.

We booked 2 suites and they were very large and comfortable, one was big enough for our 4 children, while the other was very roomy for my wife and I. There was a large walk in closet with heaps of room for our ski gear and as soon as we had unpacked the staff whisked away our luggage into storage, a nice touch.

The hotel had a beautiful old world/Austrian chalet feel to it, but does not feel old or tired, it has been impeccably maintained. The location is perfect, it sits a little higher than most properties in the village so you have a beautiful view over Lech and can easily ski in and out. It is only a short 5 min walk down to the shops if needed, though there was very little that Hotel Angela does not provide (and the ski rental place delivers and collects all the gear) so we rarely needed to leave the hotel.. except of course to ski.

However the highlight of Angela is the service, I have not had better in any 5 star hotel and yet it retains the warmth and personal touch of a family run residence. The staff took care of every little detail and went out of their way to attend to every request with amazing efficiency. And if they did not have something on hand, they would find a way to deliver it. For example, I had very sore legs one day from skiing and asked if they had a foam roller (they did have a personal masseuse in house, but I prefer the roller). They did not have one on hand, so one of the staff members surveyed all of the staff until they found one that I could borrow, it was ready as soon as I got home from the days ski.. There was really nothing that they did not take care of, it was amazing.

The food was beautiful and served in a lovely dining room with silver service. We had the same table each day which is a nice/homely touch and the same wait staff each day, who were very friendly, efficient and accommodating. There is an early kids sitting for dinner and a fantastic babysitter/kids room so we were able to have a pre-dinner drink and meal, kid free!

I really can’t recommend Hotel Angela enough, if you are looking for something in this price range, it doesn’t get any better. There are many return guests and it often books out, so you need to reserve well in advance.

Room Tip: The suites are very roomy and easily big enough for our 4 kids
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

the Angela hotel is an amazing experience from the moment you arrive. The location is perfect, garage for the car, great bar area with the view of the town and great rooms.
I had the suite with a big bathroom and a nice terrace.
Breakfast is very well assorted.
SPA is not crowded and works perfectly.
A special word has to be spent for the staff.
Everybody is super kind and friendly and makes you feel at home.
I look forward to go back in March to repeat suck special experience

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

The hotel is nicely located right next to the piste allowing ski in and out. Also allows walking down to the village in 5 minutes. It's run by the Walch family which gives it a personal touch. Staff is friendly, the food is very good although not as good as it was eight years ago. The main issue is that the place is basically like it was in the eighties, the rooms, the bathrooms, etc. They built a small SPA with sauna, steam room and jacuzzi ten years ago but it's too small. There is no gym! 4 star superior is not deserved in my view, 4 star at best. They need to upgrade the place, given what they are charging.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank JBassermann
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

It's not often I'm lost for words. This was the best hotel experience I have ever had. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave. It's a 5* experience. The owner Elizabeth was Fantastic host. Your every need is taken care off. The hotel was perfectly implacable, it feels like coming home to family rather than a hotel. Every single staff was just brilliant. The food was one of the best I experienced in Europe. If you are looking to stay in this region.. look no further. This is the best hotel by far. I highly recommend and will be returning for sure. The hotel has bar, restaurants, spa, sauna, pool.. parking. Not sure why it's not a 5* plus hotel.
Thank you to the staff for amazing stay.
Merry Christmas and happy new year :)

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 December 2016

We were recently guests of the hotel as artists for the Fantastic Gondolas event, which opens the season for the area. I understand the hotel is in great demand with proper dignitaries and the world's elite, and I can see why. My wife and I were obviously scruffy lowlife artist types, only there because the event arranged the room for us, but everyone treated us like VIPs. Great thanks for a magical experience we will never forget.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business