“Basic accommodation...did the job.”

Emu Point Motel & Apartments
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 10 January 2012

The motel was very basic but we found it to be clean and it had everything we needed. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and gave us some good suggestions as to places to eat and places to see. For dinner we went to the the 'Squid Shack' down at the Emu Point marina..it exceeded all of our expectations. The fish is fresh and tasty and there are wine glasses in the fridge if you take your own bottle of wine. The Emu Point Cafe at the end of Mermaid Avenue is great for breakfast and the 'Hangover' breakfast will fill even the biggest of appetites.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank OnTheWayHome
Brian G, Manager at Emu Point Motel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2012

Looks like you had an enjoyable time down here - that's great.
Thanks for your review

Reviewed 1 January 2012

We had to stay here over New Year as there were no caravan park chalets available until early Jan. I should have heard warning bells when there were still rooms vacant so late in December!!
I had to move a cupboard to plug in a charger and there was so much dirt and even pubic hairs that I doubt it had been properly cleaned for some time.
The alleged playground was a swing set.
The ancient washing machines left our clothes covered in lint.
No ABC on the TV, so no ABC 2 for kids.
As for service, what service??? I could never get hold of anyone. Even when we tried to check out I called and waited for 10 minutes and no one came. In the end I had to leave the key in the unattended office.
The next morning I get a call to tell me that I was being charged an extra night because my son had wet the bed and the room couldn't be used. I was very embarrassed and of course agreed to pay the charge straight away. Instead of leaving it at that, the woman started to lecture me about bed wetting. If I had known of course I would have tried to fix it, but I didn't, and I agreed to the charge so I did not need a lecture.
Families, there are many places to choose from in Albany where you will be treated with courtesy and get clean accommodation and much better value for money. Avoid this place.

• Stayed: December 2011
9  Thank CanguraWa
Brian G, Manager at Emu Point Motel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

My wife and I took over management of this property early Oct 2011. We were absent during the time that the complainant was a guest. Our relieving managers acquainted us of the incident on our return prior to us hearing of the guests complaint. We have, however, looked into this incident as guest satisfaction is paramount to us.
Other guests during our absence have only spoken highly of the courtesy and service extended to them by the relief managers and I wonder if there was any substance other than emotion and the fact that the room had to be taken out of service (thus loss of revenue) to allow thorough cleaning - hence the cleaning charge, normal industry practice.
Guest booked 1 month in advance for 4 days and during her stay not once did she raise the issue of housekeeping standards - (our "standards" reap copious praise from other guests.
The mattress was fouled more than once as evident by attempts to clean up with motel towels and therefore one could imply that she knew of the problem but failed to advise us.
Guest (was alleged to have) responded aggressively when the incident was raised.
We welcome comments both praise and (constructive) criticism but In light of the above I feel that the review was unfair and unworthy.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

we got the deluxe room online best price for value in the southwest, great rooms very clean, friendly staff, if i cant stay here i wont go to albany the surrounding location are beautiful 10 out 10. regards mick & Li

Room Tip: book online and go deluxe or studio rooms well worth the money when compared to the competition and...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mick H

Hi Mick & Li
We're rapt with your review - thanks.
It is really gratifying that our guests are enjoying their stay with us, and Albany in general.
We'll keep working at it and look forward to seeing you again sometime
Regards - Lynne & Brian

Reviewed 21 November 2011

We stayed at the Motel for one night and was pleasantly surprised. I believe several changes have been implemented by the new managers. Nothinhg appeared to be too much trouble for them and they even cooked a delicious breakfast for us, which I believe is something they have recently introduced. The pristine beach is very close and the walk ways are to be enjoyed. This part of Albany is very picturesque, so ensure you take your camera.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank jackie g

It is nice for us to have nice guests - thanks for staying, and for your comments. They're very helpful.
Lynne & Brian

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Stayed over a long weekend in Albany, so what can I say? Its in a good location as most people travel with their car to Albany. Its a two minute walk from the beach, its clean, quiet and for the price its just fine if your plans are to visit the area and just need a place to sleep and have breakfast. The owners you cannot fault as they are kind welcoming and very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicolas W

With a title such as yours we're delighted that you enjoyed your stay and took the time to comment.