All reviews bit dated nice dinner cooked to perfection steak cold night david wines accommodation dish motel owner
Reviewed 21 March 2018

The motel was a real let down! After reading the reviews I was rather shocked at the state of the Motel. Our room was dusty, carpet was dirty, bathroom was disgusting! Funny smell in the room. The towels were worn and so small could have been hand towels! Outside was rundown and needed a good clean up. We were up stairs and the stairs were not safe. The door to our room was sticking so bad you had to bang it so it would close. The man at reception was rude and not helpful in any way especially when the internet wasn't working, we had to use our own hotspot. We had a meal at the restaurant the waiter was very nice and the food was ok but expensive. We defiantly wont be back.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank angelaroberts7
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We were met with a rude, condescending and arrogant reception here on a cold, wet, blowy Tuesday night.
After attempting to have dinner here with the family after a long drive from Adelaide, the waiter and an older man (probably the owner) did not accept us at the restaurant as we were not staying at the motel.
When my wife with our 3 month old in arms asked where else we could go, the waiter told us to go to Macca's in a rather abrupt, loud and unhelpful manner. Not really the answer you are after when your 4 years old is hungry, you have a baby in arms, it's raining and 8 degrees outside.
Only after further prompting, the waiter gave us other options in town.

The older man asked where we were staying and then condescendingly told us we should know better and we should book a hotel with a restaurant.

I hope this review prevents other people driving through the sour experience we had. The 'New Hong Kong' incidentally was welcoming and nice!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jenrike81
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Friend and I decided to round off an enjoyable day of markets, lunch and concert by booking into The Diamond House for dinner. Once again, I chose the steak. I have learnt from past experience to request the dish without chips, because I can't eat it all. As usual, David presented a most enjoyable meal. Tender, tasty, cooked to perfection, I chose pepper sauce. My friend chose salmon, and also raved about her choice. I have never had a disappointing meal at The Diamond House.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2017

The manager was arrogant. The room wasn't serviced at all the 1st night & only 1 bin emptied & some milk left the 2nd night. You would think that if I mentioned the room not being serviced then they would try to do a thorough job the next day. The manager told me I accepted the booking.com offer but when asked if that meant no service he replied NO. why mention it??
I left this review on the Diamond House website & his reply was that we had booked a table for both nights & not turned up - we asked about dining options but did Not book either night.
He apparently upgraded us so I would be curious what the other rooms are like!!!
Lastly I did not demand compensation, I just asked if there was any but he said emphatically NO..

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank pandl2017
keaba, Owner at Diamond House Heritage Restaurant and Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

I thank you for your second complaint the first being on Booking.com
and as with my answer on there ..
Your Husband booked in and was a perfect gentleman we had a great chat and as such i up graded you to a Queen room after you only booked a double room .. on booking in your husband booked in to the restaurant for 2 evenings,, neither bookings were kept..
Yes your room service was ,missed and i apologized for that and even offered to do it immediately but you would not listen only interested in demanding compensation

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped overnight to break up our trip back to Adelaide from Melbourne and this place was lovely. It was a basic room with a queen and single beds. Only thing I didnt like was there was a door that lead to the room next door and it was unlocked and our key didnt fit the lock so we had to put a chair under the door knob as we had no idea if the room next door was going to be used. Also cutlery would have been nice they give you a toaster but no knives to spread butter or jam on for breakfast we had to use the teaspoon for the coffee mugs. We would come again and request a room without a door to the next room and would make sure we brough cutlery from home.

Date of stay: July 2017