“Terrific Food effecient service, wonderful experience”

Hu Tong Dumpling Bar
Ranked #5 of 175 Restaurants in Prahran
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2017

I have eaten here at least 7 times and it has never disappointed .
Service is efficent, but hte really treat is the food.
The dumplings are to die for and the flavours in all the dishes we have tried has been exceptional.
The Chili wontons are so yummy they are a must along with the sreaded beef, but as I said any dish will be a treat.
This is a must visit restuarant each time I am in Melbourne.

1  Thank Gtrain217

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

We went for a real variety of dumplings, wontons and main dishes... this included chilli wontons, soup dumplings, calamari, eggplant with vinegar, eye fillet with pepper, fried rice and many more... the stand out was the chilli dimplings, salt n pepper calamari and eye fillet but all was amazing.. we had the most amazing waitress called sunny, she was very attentive and all requests were accommodated.. drink menu was extensive with a nice variey of beers and wine, and for $6 a head unlimited sparkling water was refreshing.. we left feeling like we had eaten enough but the food definitely wasnt heavy.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

I love both the CBD location and the Prahran location but they both give off a different feel.

I've come here some many times that I order the same things (with a group).

Xiao Long Bao
Chili Won Tons
Salt & Chili chicken ribs
pork dumplings - pan fried
Chinese Broccoli with garlic.

Have these and you'll be set.
Ok, it's not the cheapest place but you know , for a few dollars I wouldn't sacrifice going anywhere else.
Love it.
Service is always speedy and friendly and I never think twice about recommending this to friends.

1  Thank Dennis M
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We love the city restaurant and go there often so was excited to try this one, we ordered the same dishes we usually do and the service and speed was excellent however food was not up to the standard of the city location

1  Thank vampslayer01
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

After reading other reviews I was not expecting a great service experience especially on Mother's Day. But I was very pleasantly surprised. Although it was busy, the food and service were excellent.
I would highly recommend Hutong and will definitely go back soon.

1  Thank Aussiekiwi2