“Friendly and nice service, Great ambiance!”
Review of KI Tru Thai

KI Tru Thai
Ranked #6 of 21 Restaurants in Kingscote
Price range: US$1 - US$21
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Authentic Thai food prepared and cooked by Thai Chefs using Fresh K.I.Produce,served in echo friendly sugar cane and bamboo dine in or take away plates/containers.Also Coffee and sweets bar by K.I.Tru Thais Barista with soft drinks and juices.Live music is on every Thursday evenings by local musicians to provide a great atmosphere.K.I.Tru Thai has plenty of wood fires and heating with inside and semi enclosed seating.We now have VIP tables,so no lines,$30.00 a head for a 4 course meal with table service for groups over 6. Also with our mobile food van we can come to you for your special occasions.K.I.Tru Thai is also open every second Sunday in Kingscote by the Wharf playground from 12pm.to 8pm.
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Went over just after kitchen closed for dinner but the staff were really nice and friendly, doing all they could to fix our hungry stomach, and surrounding our table with heater to keep us warm. Thank youuuuuu!!
The Thai food tasted really good and authentic! Love it! Great atmosphere and ambiance to hang out and have some drinks, played some pool and darts too!

Anthony B, Owner at KI Tru Thai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Thank you.we love to please.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Beware this restaurant is only open on Thursday and during the summer some Saturdays. The wine is good and inexpensive as is the food. I would go again anytime.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I drove here straight off the ferry, the place was buzzing with locals and visitors. It seemed like the place to be on a Thursday night. Great live music, plenty of seating and parking. The service was friendly and the servings well proportioned.
Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank NathanB3108
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our night at Tru Thai, service was friendly and food was yummy, but probably not spicy enough for some. We opted for the $30 a head meal which included four dishes and desserts and coffee. There was plenty of food to satisfy us. Unique atmosphere in a large shed on a rural property with food being cooked and served from a van inside. Drinks available from the bar with a limited selection. Live music was entertaining as well. Would recommend making a reservation as Tru Thai is only open one or two nights a week depending on the season and was full on the night we went. Great fun night out.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere of the place was immediately immersive, the service was exceptionally friendly, and the live music that started shortly was a welcome addition. The food was good - I personally like a little more spice but I understand it’s not feasible to cater to individual tastes with the bain-marie system they operate on. The flavours were fresh and enjoyable and I would happily return.