“Best margarita pizza outside italy”
Review of Pepe Italia

Pepe Italia
Ranked #16 of 194 Restaurants in Burleigh Heads
Price range: US$14 - US$36
Description: The word 'authentic' is thrown around pretty loosely these days. So, let's get one thing straight - Pepé Italia is, in fact, as authentic as they come. Pepé Italia is the latest addition to Connor Street on the Burleigh Heads beachside the doors are now open, the pizza oven is firing and the aromas of authentic Italian food is filling the air.
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Some of the best Italian food I’ve had for a long time. Wait staff were very pleasant and helpful.... food was next level. Beautiful handmade pastas and pizzas. I’m a huge fan of margarita pizzas and since being in Italy have never found one to match... however this place absolutely delivered! Highly recommended and worth the somewhat exy prices.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Visiting Pepe Italia, during the Commonwealth Games last week was a wonderful experience. The hostess/waitress was welcoming, friendly and had great local knowledge. We all had pasta dishes - the food was delicious. It was overall an enjoyable experience. I would highly recommend visiting Pepe Italia!! A++++

Reviewed 16 March 2018

The best thing about this restaurant was the staff. Our lovely waitress was fantastic so nice & helpful. Loved the decor of the restaurant & it had a great vibe. But was some what disappointed with the food as were a few others at our table. The pasta dishes lacked flavour & my seafood was either unfresh or over cooked as it didn't taste good. It was very over priced & the servings weren't that big. Sorry to say we won't be back.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I have walked past this restaurant at least 50 times and always wanted to try it, but passed due to the high price tag.

Finally I noticed they were doing $20 takeaway pizzas and had a gnocchi special on, so I decided to try it out.

Aside the food, the customer service was just useless, bad enough that I won’t ever bother trying again.

Firstly, the 2 x different waiters couldn’t confirm what specials were available for take away, so I waited for 5 minutes while they walked around asking all the other staff members what was and wasn’t available. Everyone just said that the first guy should have known. In the end, they just said none of the specials can be takeaway except the pizza. No drama, i would just order a pizza.

From there I got charged $27 for the $20 pizza special. I queried the charge, which was changed with some more help from another staff member. No drama, I just wanted the pizza and was happy to leave.

Finally, I waited patiently and returned after 10 minutes to pickup the pizza. The original staff member then went to check on the order, before returning to tell me that they had ‘messed up the pizza’ and had to make it again.

So finally after 20-25 minutes, a stack of confused staff members, wrong charge and a ‘wrecked pizza’, I got my order.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Very wholesome and tasty Italian food served by very friendly staff.
Recommend their pasta dishes. Didn’t try the pizzas but they looked very appetising.
Great affogato and desserts too.
Went back a few times.