All reviews recommend this hotel business travel hot water room was large key noise highway
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Rooms were comfortable and near to where I visited. The parking was convenient as well. Nice location although a heater in the bathroom would have been appreciated, given it was in winter and an electric blanket on the bed.

Room Tip: back e.g. 10 or 25
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

This is one of the best motels I've stayed in for the money. My room was only $85 and after arriving late in the evening was a bit unsure what to expect. What a great find. I've stayed in other motels in this town that were more expensive and not as good as this place. My room was so quiet, spotlessly clean, comfortable bed and pillows and a quiet air con. You can't go past this place for the comfort and price. Best value ever! I'll be back!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

What a delightful motel! Although a little dated, the rooms are spotlessly clean with modern amenities. Nothing was too much trouble for the manager....a private and safe area for our brand new car, plates and cutlery lent from the restaurant.
We stayed in the back wing of the motel and were blissfully unaware of any traffic noise from the main road. Coles shopping centre was a short walk from the hotel also. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2017

not going to rave about the place or complain about it, it's your typical country motel, our room was clean and the bed was comfortable enough the place is a bit tired but we were only there for a few nights and only used it to sleep in.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2017

I stayed one night on business.
I called in ahead of time to let them know I'd be arriving after their 9pm check-in time and their only concern was that I drive safely.

I got a ground-floor room, which was easy to access and un/load luggage.
The place looks a little tired, but the room was large, clean and the shower had great hot water and water pressure - just what you need after a long drive!
The bed was firm, but not uncomfortable (my back needed the support, actually).

I got very little noise from other guests (although they weren't full).

There is free secure wifi (they give you the password on check-in).
Soap and little shampoo is provided.
Tea and coffee facilities, as well as a bar fridge and microwave, are in the room.

I didn't see the pool or other facilities.

Overall, I found the John Hunter to be a basic motel (which it is advertised as), but a pleasant place to stay. I would recommend this place for those on a budget.

Room Tip: Choose a ground-floor room if stairs are difficult.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business