“Terrible hygiene”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Came here with a group of friends after a long days of hike at the blue mountains. We didn’t bring any BYOs so decided just to get water. I was terrified at the taste of the water (tasted soapy) and asked the waitress to change. She was not helpful and gave us attitude. The plate was not clean, the jar was not clean AND the cups had lip stick stains!!!! Absolutely shocking. Management needs to review and improve. Ridiculous.

Date of visit: October 2017
Raz s, Manager at Arjuna Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you for your review , please be aware the water you were served was tap water from Sydney Water and we as restaurant do offer mineral water which is bottled in Italy perhaps you should have ordered mineral water . Pretty sure you may have tasted the fresh lemon we add to the jugs of tap water. I am also certain the waiter did her utmost best to bring another jug with no lemon slice and this was served to you with a genuine smile and gratitude .

Write a reviewReviews (207)

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We had a busy day at scenic world and we're very hungry on our way back to hotel, we happened to stop by!!!! So as it wasn't a planned visit to this place so we did not have expectations too. We were offered a table (so called table for 4) me and my 4 year old squeezed into our seats.. ordered seekh kabab, some garlic naan, cheese and spinach naan with a some chicken curry I would rather call it a 'Sweet' curry.. (the worst curry I have ever tasted) when we asked the waitress if the curry would taste sweet... her response was "we can get you some chilli powder and you can make it spicy!"I was wondering was she offering me a job in the restaurant??? All we got was some over minced kababs (tastes like baby food) sweet chicken curry and some burnt naan. Overall food bad, ambiance bad, service bad.

Date of visit: September 2017
Raz s, Manager at Arjuna Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Thanks for your comment , would like to bring to your attention as we recall you did not want any thing spicy because you wanted mild dishes for you child ,we do have a wide selection of spicy meals on our menu may be this would have been an option for you . The naans are made fresh in a tandoor oven and usually have a slight charred and smoky flavour to it these are not the naans from the super market which are pre packaged .

Reviewed 9 October 2017

As we were staying in the nearby motel we chose to walk up the hill to this establishment, big mistake.
We were showed up the stairs to an eating area with the smallest tables for 2 I've ever seen plus there were larger tables for 6-8 persons & a balcony for outdoor eating which would have been fine if the temperature was 20 degrees warmer.
After waiting 30 minutes we couldn't stand the noise from several tables of Indian diners & asked the waitress if we could eat downstairs, second big mistake. The cubicles could seat 4 10 year old children, there was absolutely no space between the table top & the back of the stall. I had to sit sideways along the seat as did my partner.
Some time later a beef vindaloo & butter chicken were delivered to us with extras. The beef was the cheapest, worst piece of meat, undercooked, tough & tasteless, so after struggling with 2 pieces I gave up as I couldn't chew it. The butter chicken wasn't much better. The naan however was quite good.
The bill came to $65.00 for food & no drinks a meal worth next to nothing so guess what, we won't be back, a pub counter meal would have been the best choice in Katoomba.

Date of visit: October 2017
2  Thank Kenneth J

We at Arjuna try our best to make your dining experience great , as I remember you were at our restaurant during the long weekend and it can be very busy and every one wants to have a great time and talk with friends and laugh we don't think it's a crime if people talk , we did offer you a great table by the window looking at the sunset which you refused and chose to slide into a booth which was not comfortable for you ,having checked with you twice by my staff and me weather you are comfortable you said you were fine and were comfortable . We did notice you had finished your meal and enjoyed some dessert and let's not forget you did order more food than what you mentioned in your review . The food we creat is of prime quality . Your review is unfair

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

The Arjuna Indian Restaurant has been one of our favourite restaurants for nearly 20 years. We have had family dinners there, visited with friends and eaten as a couple and have always found the food to be delicious, plentiful and affordable. Razina (Manager) and her staff are to be commended on providing a friendly and enjoyable dining experience. If you are in the area this is one Restaurant that has to be on your 'to go to' list.

1  Thank NamasteBlueMountains
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Smell as we walked in the door made my mouth water. Best samosas I've had in ages. Palak paneer - didn't like it. Nothing like I expected. Paneer was mush which screwed with the textural feel. Madras beef and Butter chicken tasted very similar. No heat in the Madras and the meat was tough. Everything tasted sweet and the same. Naan was fabulous and rice was cooked well. Staff were friendly and ambience was pleasant. Would I return? I don't think so... but it's probably perfect if you haven't already experienced amazing Indian food.