“Serendipity Canyon”

Blue Mountains Adventure Company
More attraction details
Owner description: One hundred kilometres west of Sydney, NSW, Australia lies one of nature's most magnificent creations, the World Heritage area of the Blue Mountains. Endless stretches of sandstone cliffs, dramatic waterfalls and hidden canyons, a landscape of stunning natural beauty. It provides a fantastic environment for the thrilling adventure activities of abseiling, canyoning, rockclimbing, mountain biking and bushwalking - a lifetime's worth of adventuring is to be had in Sydney's backyard!check out our website for the best fun you can have in Sydney: your next Blue Mountains Adventure!
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

My partner and I chose the Serendipity Canyon for our second time canyoning and it was absolutely beautiful! Our guide Charles was amazing, relaxed, and knew so much about the vegetation and fauna around the area as well. I would recommend this company to everyone!!

Dylan J, Manager at Blue Mountains Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Hi Sharni
Thanks so much for you review. Charles has been guiding for a long time, so we're glad to hear he's picked up a few things about the environment along the way! ;)
We hope you do recommend us to everyone! Cheers!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"private tour"
"feel confident"

Reviewed 14 December 2017

It's definitely been one of the most amazing adventures in my 4 years of living in Australia. Thanks to a very high skilled and professional team I have learned in the morning the very basic techniques of abseiling: 4, 15, 30 meters and eventually, in the afternoon, abseil down the beautiful Empress Waterfall in Wentworth Falls, Blue Mountains.
All the trip was very well organised in every detail: equipment, lunch, transport, timing with other Companies around the canyon and so on.
Thanks to the guide/instructor Dan I've gained self confidence very soon and enjoyed the beautiful Blue Mountain in a very uncommon experience.

1  Thank Marco S
Dylan J, Manager at Blue Mountains Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Thanks for the review Marco. I'll certainly pass on your feedback to Dan.
We work hard on all the aspects that you outlined in your review and it's great to know we got it right for you.
I hope it's inspired you to do some of your own exploring of the Blue Mountains.
Cheers!

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

An awesome experience canonying.
I'd been unwell up until the day prior and when we looked out the window to rain I was apprehensive about whether I would fully enjoy the day.
However it was absolutely fantastic-the weather improved and I think the rain we did have added to the experience.

Our guide Greg was professional and ensured we understood and were comfortable with the activities. We were provided with all equipment needed and extra warm layers. Greg also provided knowledge into the area.
On the trip some work experience guys accompany us which made the trip even smoother as they went ahead to set up ropes.
I would 100% recommend this. Serendipity canonying was beautiful and suitable for beginners as long as you have a reasonable fitness level (we had never done canonying before).
We were lucky to see no other groups on the trip and my partner and I were the only people in our group.
My advice would be book with bmac and enjoy- and don't be put off by the weather- our trip was better for it.
Thanks again
We hope to be back soon!

Dylan J, Manager at Blue Mountains Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Sorry to hear that you were ill in the lead up to your experience. We hope the cold water and the fresh air flushed out your system and you came away refreshed!
Canyoning is most spectacular in wet weather, and often more fun too. I'm glad to hear that Greg was able to facilitate an excellent experience for you. He's a quality guide and we're glad to have him on the team.
We hope that we'll see you again too. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

I wasn’t exactly sure what I was getting my son and I into when I signed us up for this and had no idea how we would handle the challenge. I must state that EVERYTHING about the day exceeded my expectations by far. Our guide Alex is an extremely professional, friendly, and personable young man who really made us feel very welcome and safe for the day ahead of us. He explained everything we needed to do in great detail and took his time with us as we got our courage up for the Abseiling training. We did the beginner Abseiling & Empress Falls Canyon trip and I highly recommend this for the novice, as we were. The cliffs and views were spectacular, and we were lucky to have a clear and sunny day to take it all in. After a great lunch and conversation, we headed down into the canyon for the second half of the day. Great fun walking, wading, swimming, and jumping into deep pools of water as we meandered our way through the natural wonders of the canyon and on our way to the final leg of the journey, an abseil straight down a pounding 30m waterfall that culminates with a final plunge into the natural pool below.
Again many thanks to Alex for making our day so special and great thanks to Blue Mountains Adventure Company for running such a professional and exhilarating operation!

Dylan J, Manager at Blue Mountains Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

We weren't quite sure what we were getting ourselves in to when we allowed you and your son to sign up for an adventure either! ;)
I'm glad we were able to give you a day that exceeded your expectations. It's actually one of our explicit goals: https://bmac.com.au/about/our-values/ "In and through our work we strive for the delivery of quality adventure experiences in amazing locations that exceed expectations and delight our guests."
Alex is one of our senior team and it's awesome to hear of him living out those values! We'll be sure that we pass on your feedback directly to him.
Thanks for taking the time to write a review and we hope you and your son slept well after the day out!