“Incredible adventure!”

Blue Mountains Adventure Company
More attraction details
Owner description: One hundred kilometres west of Sydney, NSW, Australia lies one of nature's most magnificent creations, the World Heritage area of the Blue Mountains. Endless stretches of sandstone cliffs, dramatic waterfalls and hidden canyons, a landscape of stunning natural beauty. It provides a fantastic environment for the thrilling adventure activities of abseiling, canyoning, rockclimbing, mountain biking and bushwalking - a lifetime's worth of adventuring is to be had in Sydney's backyard!check out our website for the best fun you can have in Sydney: your next Blue Mountains Adventure!
Reviewed 23 October 2017

I wasn’t exactly sure what I was getting my son and I into when I signed us up for this and had no idea how we would handle the challenge. I must state that EVERYTHING about the day exceeded my expectations by far. Our guide Alex is an extremely professional, friendly, and personable young man who really made us feel very welcome and safe for the day ahead of us. He explained everything we needed to do in great detail and took his time with us as we got our courage up for the Abseiling training. We did the beginner Abseiling & Empress Falls Canyon trip and I highly recommend this for the novice, as we were. The cliffs and views were spectacular, and we were lucky to have a clear and sunny day to take it all in. After a great lunch and conversation, we headed down into the canyon for the second half of the day. Great fun walking, wading, swimming, and jumping into deep pools of water as we meandered our way through the natural wonders of the canyon and on our way to the final leg of the journey, an abseil straight down a pounding 30m waterfall that culminates with a final plunge into the natural pool below.
Again many thanks to Alex for making our day so special and great thanks to Blue Mountains Adventure Company for running such a professional and exhilarating operation!

Dylan J, Manager at Blue Mountains Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

We weren't quite sure what we were getting ourselves in to when we allowed you and your son to sign up for an adventure either! ;)
I'm glad we were able to give you a day that exceeded your expectations. It's actually one of our explicit goals: https://bmac.com.au/about/our-values/ "In and through our work we strive for the delivery of quality adventure experiences in amazing locations that exceed expectations and delight our guests."
Alex is one of our senior team and it's awesome to hear of him living out those values! We'll be sure that we pass on your feedback directly to him.
Thanks for taking the time to write a review and we hope you and your son slept well after the day out!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"private tour"
"feel confident"

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Where to start?! We did the empress falls abseil and every detail down to the sandwiches for lunch was professionally executed. Our guide yuri? was fantastic and it was truely a once in a lifetime experience.
If you could only book one thing in the blue mountains, do this!
Thanks a lot BMAC, we will be back.

Thanks for the review Jarrad. Juri is a newer member for our team, but he's been kicking a lot of goals and we're glad to have him as part of the team.
We look forward to seeing you again - I'm sure Juri recommended an adventure you should tackle next!

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I decided to do the day trip with BMAC to Mt York and the Empress Falls. I found BMAC to be highly professional from the start, with prompt correspondence prior to the day, a streamlined registration process on arrival, and the provision of all gear needed.

We had the opportunity to do as many abseils as we felt we needed, from three different points (at varying heights), to feel confident; before heading off to lunch, which was a hot brew and one of the best sandwiches I've ever had, from Altitude in Mt Victoria (included in the package).

The canyoning through the Empress Falls canyon exceeded our expectations and the jumps from level to level, into small waterholes was fun and refreshing. The abseil down the falls themselves, was fantastic and topped a great day out.

Our guide Yuri, was brilliant, he was calm, patient and professional and imbued in us, a sense of safety at all times. We did not, at any time, feel in danger.

A fantastic experience through a very scenic ravine with an element of excitement added.

It is a little strenuous, was cold on the day we chose (8 degrees) but that all added to the experience.

We've skydived, hang glided, bungee jumped and trekked to Everest, and I'll say that this trip ranked alongside these. A great day out, with quality guides and beautiful scenery to add to the exhilarating activity.

BMAC were recommend to us by some guides at Jenolan Caves, when we went caving a few weeks ago, and they weren't wrong. Thanks to the staff at BMAC for a fantastic experience, especially our guide Yuri - you're a champion!

Dylan J, Manager at Blue Mountains Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

That was a comprehensive review and a great read. Thanks for taking the time to share about your experience. Juri is relatively new to our team but he's already getting regular positive feedback and great reviews - it's nice to get input from our guests (both for Juri and the whole team) about how we're going (and how the sandwiches taste!).
We have of course passed your feedback on to Juri. Oh! And we'll have to say thanks to the team at Jenolan Caves!
Cheers

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

I am terrified of heights and decided to conquer my fears Abseiling.
Greg our instructor was amazingly reassuring and patient. It was an extremely professional operation with excellent safety procedures.
We had a fabulous day and I walked out knowing that I had challenged myself and overcome my fears and could not have done that without Greg's help.
I strongly recommend this company and can't wait to return for a second visit.

Awesome! Congrats on seizing the opportunity and challenging yourself - and with an excellent outcome! It's great to hear you had such a solid experience with Greg (although not surprising - he's very experienced and excellent at what he does).
We hope we do see you again for an adventure with or without heights!
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review.