All reviews bowling club under new management new appliances rooms were very clean would stay again bed was comfortable vicki accommodation curtains microwave beaches
Reviewed 12 January 2018

I'm writing this review to support my friend in the previous review and to respond to the managers comments.
Firstly there was no way that loud party was on another property. It was in Room 18 - right next door to us. I would be very surprised if other guests did not complain. There was incessant loud voices, constant swearing and knocking on doors and windows. It started early in the evening with one person banging on the door and yelling for the room key. They did go out for a few hours but returned and continued the noisy conversations. Fortunately I am a sound sleeper so I was able to roll over and go back to sleep but I was woken up every hour til almost 6am. It was New Years Eve. We understand a bit of noise but it was way more than that.
Yes we did have our 'do not disturb' sign on our door to save your staff cleaning our room as we didn't require daily service. Perhaps Vicki, you could have rung Diane's mobile and checked on us.
As for the screens - I highly doubt they were cleaned at all in 2017. I also had to hang my washing outside our room on a dusty lattice screen. (while it's lovely to offer free washing it's a bit difficult to discover there is no way to turn the dryer on at the wall as the plug feeds through to the staff laundry. It was 3pm and the door was closed) The outside window sills etc were very dusty and the whole area just had a musty smell. While I'm on that subject, the area near the laundry was pretty disgusting. A junk pile and cleaners trolleys that were anything but tidy.
Also Vicky, Dianes comment about the food at the Bowls club was just so you would know how we felt. We realise you personally have no control on the quality served but you did hand us vouchers to use which encouraged us to go there for lunch.
I also feel your tone when we checked in was not friendly but more so condescending, hence why we did not come to talk to you personally. Other people have made similar comments in other reviews so maybe it's something you could look at. What happened to the customer is right? Maybe instead of making excuses and placing blame on customers you could just apologise and work on our complaints.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Vicki A, Manager at Forster Palms Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Thank you for your comments. During your stay here with us, it was high peak season and we were full every night for just under 3 weeks, with us being the largest 3 star motel in town, this creates an enormous amount of work, with 14 and 15 hour days every day for myself and my husband, and we try our best to ensure all of our guests comfort, in saying that I am not making excuses, but trying to clarify the reality of this position...It is my job to make sure that all of my guests are happy, I will still stick by my comments about the party that didn't happen within the motel grounds and that your party was the only room to make a complaint. ...I also dispute that I treated you and your friends with anything less than welcoming when you checked into this motel, if my memory serves me correct, we all had a little giggle about some topic we were talking about when you were checkin...As for the so called pile of junk down in the corner near the laundry, they are called " cleaners trolleys" and that is where they stay after the cleaners have finished with them, we can't have them out on the pathway in front of the laundry as that creates a falls risk for guests.. As for the other reviews of people that have said that I am rude, these reviews are done by guests that have a grudge with me, because I wouldn't allow them to checkin to the motel at 9.00am in the morning during " during peak " season, which is impossible or let them have 5 or 6 people in the room, when it only accommodates 2 or 3.. this was a constant problem for us during this peak season, as the last owner operator that I took over from allowed it, so as well as taking over a motel that was in an extreme disgusting state, I also had to deal with it's history and problem guests, that assumed that they could do what they wanted while staying here with us...we have to manage this motel according to accommodation policies...So myself and my husband have been nothing but working extremely hard to satisfy all of guests since the day of take-over, to turn this business around..I have been abused, yelled at, insulted and accused this season, simply because I am doing my job. Your review on this site, is the only negative review that we have had since our take-over 12months ago. So I think that speaks for it self.......Take care...Regards Vicki...manager...Forster PALMS MOTEL.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Stayed here for 3 nights over new year. Vicki gave us the “no smoking”, “no noise after 10pm” chat which was what we wanted and expected. 1st night’s stay was good. Rooms comfortable, but bathroom screens in room were filthy.
New Year’s Eve a total disaster with a very inebriated group of guests nearby. Smoking, drinking,yelling,arguing, doors slamming until around 5am. Rang reception at 3am to ask for assistance with no response, left message to return call. Didn’t receive any response or acknowledgement at any time even though we were staying another day which we needed as we could not have travelled safely with being so tired!
Had buffet lunch at bowls club, immediately regretted paying up front. Hope the quality and selection is better at night.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Vicki A, Manager at Forster Palms Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Hi Valued guest...Thank you so much for your feedback... We are sorry that your stay with us didn't meet your expectations...The period of time that you stayed with us here was an extremely high peak period and the motel was full every night for weeks and with us being the biggest 3 star motel in town, we were flat chat every day, the fly screen cleaning is a fortnightly job for us, but we have had a few wild storms in the area the last few weeks and when we are so busy, we have to prioritise what is the most important for our guests .. our priority was having clean and comfortable interior rooms to checkin to and accommodating guests needs. As for the party on new years eve, this party was not happening within the property it was actually neighbouring houses in the street at the back of the motel, so there was nothing I could do about that, I did receive your message at 3.00am in the morning, as the phone woke me up and I went out to investigate and found nothing that you had complained about on your phone message, I did visit your room the next day just before midday to speak to you about it, but you had the "do not disturb sign"on your door, from when you checkin in to checkout..once this sign is put on your door, I am not allowed to knock on your door or enter the room legally until you checkout. I did speak to most of my guests staying here on new years day and the rooms closest to yours and they told me that there was a small gathering in the smoking area in the middle of the carpark, but nothing to the degree of what you described, only telling me of what I also heard the party that was happening outside of the property......I do inform guests of our smoking and noise policy upon checkin, I definitely " don't chat guests" about our policy, just inform for the comfort and peace of all of our guests..As for the buffet at the bowling club, I would have to say, I rarely hear about complaints of the food in the restaurant, but if this is an issue, you would have to contact the club, I am just the operations manager of their motel...But thank you for your feedback...Regards...Vicki...manager....Forster Palms Motel.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Had planned a few days camping. However, on the day we arrived, the weather was wet and the forecast was poor for that evening. We decided not to chance it and we opted to book into a local motel.
The location is good and we were able to walk into the beach area and to many fine restaurants and bars. The rooms were reasonably spacious, quiet (no road noise), clean and comfortable beds and a good shower. Only negatives was that some of the mossie screens had holes and the curtains were see-through and kept no light out. Otherwise, we got what we paid for.

Stayed: December 2017
Vicki A, Manager at Forster Palms Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Hi Flamboshambo, Thank you so much for your review, we are so glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us and being a 3star budget motel, that doesn't promise all of the thrills of a 4 to 5 star, yes travellers do definitely get what we advertise.. You are right about a couple of the rooms with fly screen issue's that need attending to, unfortunately we had another guest with small children that were unsupervised who thought running a stick into the screens would be fun ! And we have to wait until the guys come back to work from their chrissy break to get them fixed, so our apologies about them, but some things are out of our control during peak times. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. ..Kind Regards...Vicki....manager....Forster Palms Motel.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this fabulous hotel for a second time this weekend and have booked another weekend away in a couple of weeks. We stayed in Room 26 this time and was impressed from the moment we entered the room. Shower pressure was amazing, room clean, furnishings great and just overall a pleasure to stay.

Stayed: December 2017
Vicki A, Manager at Forster Palms Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Hi Disneydreamer,, Thank you so much for your wonderful review and lovely words..
We are so glad that your return stay with us, was so comfortable and you have booked a return stay, we love to hear great feedback such as your's, it tells us that we are close to the mark of the standard that we are aiming for...Have a great Christmas with your family and we will see you on your next stay...Kind Regards...Vicki...manager...Forster Palms Motel.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We’ve stayed at this motel several times over the past few years. It was always cheap and cheerful and now under new management, the upgrade to rooms has improved it even more. Everything in the room was great, we were able to catch up with friends in our room as it was large. Booked through an online booking website, we received an email advising us we’d been upgraded! Nice job guys well come back again!! My only disappointment was at checkin, customer service was rather gruff, obviously it had been a very long day, there had been trials and tribulations and the fleas were biting. The welcome and ‘you are a valued customer’ was very lacking. Lucky I judge a motel on its rooms and environs rather than the front of house service !

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Vicki A, Manager at Forster Palms Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Hi Port Librarian, Thank you so much for your great review, all feedback to us is very important..I'm sorry if your experience at checkin was a negative one, I don't remember a guest that had a negative checkin experience with myself recently,, I'm assuming this would be our relief management team, which we are replacing, as they struggle to keep up with the large work load that is incorporated at this motel.. I'm sorry I don't understand the comment about the" flee's were biting "...we don't have any bugs in our rooms or beds, comments like that can confuse our potential business, as people that are doing searches for accommodation and looking at our motel, will take that statement that we have bugs in our rooms, so I am assuming that is a phrase about the receptionist at checkin...But we are glad that you enjoyed the comfort of our motel and we look forward to your next visit....Regards..Vicki...manager...Forster PALMS MOTEL.