We checked into the hotel late evening, woke the next morning to an invasion of ants in the bedrooms. The receptionist was very accommodating an immediately arranged a room change. Our first apartment was huge, but the next one even larger, with a balcony and private pool access.
Airline Beach was hit by Typhoons earlier in the year so it still in the process off renovation, the hotel included in this, but it would have been nicer to hear about this earlier than 2 days prior to our arrival. The renovations didn't have a great impact on our stay as the work is carried out between 9 & 5, we were disturbed more by the party on the floor above, no Reception after 6 makes it difficult to sort these things out.
The apartments themselves are very well equipped but a little dated. Location is excellent, close to shops, bars and restaurants and not too much of a hike up the hill
Overall our stay was good, pool area super, however this hotel is expensive compared to other similar accommodation we had stayed in along the east coast and charging for tea and coffee at breakfast is bonkers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If location, tranquillity and comfort are what you are looking for in holiday accommodation, then Water's Edge Resort apartments are for you. Water's Edge Resort apartments in Airlie Beach, are quietly nestled in the hillside amongst lush tropical gardens, 100 metres from the centre of the bustling cosmopolitan village of Airlie Beach. Water's Edge is quite simply one of the Whitsunday's premier holiday locations. Holidaying at the beautiful Water's Edge Resort 1, 2 or 3 Bedroom Ocean View apartments allows you the best of both worlds. You are within walking distance to the cosmopolitan village of Airlie Beach and all that it has to offer as well as being on the door step of the Whitsunday Islands and the pristine waters of the Great Barrier Reef.....the epitome of paradise. Water's Edge Resort exudes style, sophistication and refinement. Professional and personalised service, breathtaking location, exquisite Balinese decor make Water's Edge Resort the perfect choice for a first class Whitsundays holiday. Airlie Beach is the epitome of a beach town, you'll instantly feel the carefree and relaxed attitude emanating from every space. You'll find it in the Airlie Beach Lagoon, a manmade saltwater swimming area surrounded by sand and grassy knolls, where you can lounge away the day in the sun. You'll find it in the beachside parks where afternoon barbeques proliferate and continue into the evening hours and you'll find it in the alfresco dining restaurants where fresh seafood overflows from every dish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your at Water's Edge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waters Edge Hotel Airlie Beach
- Waters Edge Hotel Whitsundays
- Waters Edge Airlie Beach
- At Water's Edge Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands, Australia