We stayed here for one night only because when we arrived the Mantra was booked and we could only get in the next day.
The place is pretty old and hasn't been updated at all or renovated at all.
The rooms are big but mismatched furniture and again all really old and outdated.
I decided to wait for the Mantra to shower as I didn't want to use theirs, the shower glass was cloudy and the tiles pretty gross.
Curtains were broken in our main room so the lights from the Woolworths across the road put up our room like a Christmas tree.
When I went to make a coffee I had to clean a mug as they had all been put back dirty.
They make you pay to "Hire" a pool towel.
No wifi in rooms even though they advertise this.
Housekeeping is only offered for booing of 8+ nights and if you want your room serviced before then you have to pay $85 and $30 for fresh sheets.
I guess if all you want is good location and can put up with all the negatives then this is for you but I read reviews and still booked here thinking "can't be that bad, it's only 1 night" but left feeling like I could have booked Peppers or Mantra or another beautiful fully serviced accommodation for the price I paid here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If location, tranquillity and comfort are what you are looking for in holiday accommodation, then Water's Edge Resort apartments are for you. Water's Edge Resort apartments in Airlie Beach, are quietly nestled in the hillside amongst lush tropical gardens, 100 metres from the centre of the bustling cosmopolitan village of Airlie Beach. Water's Edge is quite simply one of the Whitsunday's premier holiday locations. Holidaying at the beautiful Water's Edge Resort 1, 2 or 3 Bedroom Ocean View apartments allows you the best of both worlds. You are within walking distance to the cosmopolitan village of Airlie Beach and all that it has to offer as well as being on the door step of the Whitsunday Islands and the pristine waters of the Great Barrier Reef.....the epitome of paradise. Water's Edge Resort exudes style, sophistication and refinement. Professional and personalised service, breathtaking location, exquisite Balinese decor make Water's Edge Resort the perfect choice for a first class Whitsundays holiday. Airlie Beach is the epitome of a beach town, you'll instantly feel the carefree and relaxed attitude emanating from every space. You'll find it in the Airlie Beach Lagoon, a manmade saltwater swimming area surrounded by sand and grassy knolls, where you can lounge away the day in the sun. You'll find it in the beachside parks where afternoon barbeques proliferate and continue into the evening hours and you'll find it in the alfresco dining restaurants where fresh seafood overflows from every dish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your at Water's Edge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waters Edge Hotel Airlie Beach
- Waters Edge Hotel Whitsundays
- Waters Edge Airlie Beach
- At Water's Edge Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands, Australia