US$356
US$318
US$332
Flametree Tourist Village(Flametree)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$70
US$158
US$137
  • Pool
Island Gateway Holiday Park(Jubilee Pocket)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$36
  • Pool
Coral Sea Resort(Airlie Beach)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$232
Priceline
Discovery Parks - Airlie Beach(Airlie Beach)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$72
Hotels.com
Airlie Beach YHA(Airlie Beach)
US$64
Bush Village Budget Cabins(Cannonvale)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$51
Hostelworld.com
  • Pool
at Marina Shores(Airlie Beach)(Great Value!)
US$433
US$396
All reviewsgreat locationthe main streetgreat balconypool areaamazing viewsbbq areatwo bedroom apartmentsteep hillclose to townwasher and dryerfull kitchenlarge balconyreception staffyogurtthe great barrier reefhamilton islandthese apartments
Reviewed 7 June 2017

I stayed with a group of girls in early June. The name is completely misleading the hotel is neither a resort nor is it near the waters edge.
It is however in arguably the best location in Airlie, be mindful when booking accommodation that Airlie is basically built into the side of a cliff so even though a hotel might not seem far away you could be hiking up a very very steep hill to get there and back. This place is close to town but not so close that its noisy (nightlife/music) and convenient to the supermarket. We were on the bottom floor and still had views.
As always the photos make the room look nicer than it is, ours was very dated but it was spacious.
A lot of renovations going on all over Airlie so don't expect much serenity at the moment, lots of noisy machines all day but I don't think that was just this hotel.
Pools are really nice although they're freezing and surrounded by tradesmen.
I know I'm not the first to say it but NO FREE CUPS OF TEA AT INCLUDED BREAKFAST is moronic. I don't mind a simple toast and cereal breakfast or paying for coffee but its all a waste of time if you cant have a cup of hot water and a tea bag included, especially as we could bring our own from the room.
Also I don't think the price reflected that there was constantly a tradesman painting the building in an extremely noisy machine 2 metres from our balcony.
They charge for wifi and the wifi sucked.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Like many other travellers have experienced lately, unfortunately more negatives than positives.

During reservation process we weren't advised that two of the three pool were closed, no restaurant open and that there was major maintenance work going on.

The day before our arrival we were told that our spa was broken and wouldn't be fixed in time. We were given option to move hotels but my husband and I got married here 9 years earlier so wanted to stay here. We were moved to a great sized apartment with the beautiful Airlie ocean views.

Whilst we appreciate the impact of Cyclone Debbie we should've been advised of the maintenance work going on for repainting the hotel. For our anniversary and my birthday we had the sound of high pressure cleaners during the day.. not ideal when we didn't have the best weather so was trying to enjoy some relaxing downtime.

Check-in was also not good. We had early flight into Proserpine so got to Hotel around 10:30am (which hotel was aware of given airport limo transfer included in package). We were advised that our room wasn't ready but wouldn't be long. So we went and picked up hire car and grabbed a bite to eat. We got back around 1pm to be greeted by a different girl who said we couldn't check in till 2pm and we had to wait regardless of me trying to say to her we'd already been there earlier.

We were greeted by our bottle of Moët, chocolates, etc as part of the Romance Me Whitsundays package. Room was clean however the pillows on the bed smelt like damp dish clothes so had housekeeping remake bed.

Guttering on verandah was damaged by cyclone so at times we had a noisy waterfall onto the balcony due to the inclement weather that week.

We didn't bother with the complimentary "continental" breakfast due to having to pay extra for Tea and Coffee. Suggest hotel rethinks that based on what "continental breakfast" means.

The rest of our stay was good and got the well needed rest we were looking for. Airlie nightclubs can be pretty loud but didn't really bother us too much at night.

One major positive was that I left a watch in the room and was contacted by the hotel. This is a first for me ever getting something returned. So many thanks for that!

So all-in-all an ok stay but not fantastic unfortunately.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AussieTraveller-f1
Reviewed 8 May 2017

We stayed here between 29th April through to the 2nd May for our wedding anniversary and expected a relaxing weekend in paradise and although overall the holiday was great we had several things that frustrated us.

The good points included the location is which amazing, the view from the apartment is to die for and if the pool was operational that would have been equally beautiful.

I booked this on the 14/04/17 for 3 nights at a total of $765, it had been recommended to us by family members who had visited previously and looking at the information and pictures online it looked like a great place to stay. At the time of booking on 'booking.com' there were no mentions of any issues at the resort and that everything was operating as normal.

I received a text message late on 27th April informing the pool will be out of order and that other pools will be offered, one of the reasons we booked the resort was due to the beautiful infinity pool and view. As this was not offered and only mentioned less than 48 hours before arriving we believe it is false advertising, I understand that there has been damage due to the recent storm but that was some weeks prior and the pool repairs would have been known way before our arrival. Notifying us less than 48 hrs gave us no chance of looking at other resorts, still now there is no mention of repairs on booking.com or Waters Edge Resorts official website which is duping many more guests who will be staying at your resort.

In addition the staff on reception were quite rude, we were waiting on arrival for some time until a cleaner had to go upstairs and mention that there were people waiting to be checked in. Your employee on reception then mentioned that they will contact us when the room is ready providing we leave a number. As we are visiting from the UK I provided my UK number and her response was "that’s no use to me". It is also advertised on your site that breakfast is included...toast, three types of cereal and fruit juice for breakfast is not what we had in mind.

The total cost of $765 for the 3 nights is steep without everything that was promised, we would have been more understanding and sympathetic towards our stay if there had been a compromise, there had been no offer of compensation which when the main attraction of the hotel is closed is very frustrating. Simply money off our stay, a meal voucher at a restaurant or even as little as a shuttle bus to the other hotel pools offered would have been easy but we received nothing which has left us irritated.

Reading the reviews below several guests who were not notified about your situation, surely you can't treat customers this way and should offer something in return.

Airlie Beach is a beautiful place and I will definitely be back to the area but will be looking at other accommodation.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank madblue201123
Reviewed 2 May 2017

My friends and I stayed here for a week in a 4 person apartment. We had a number of things to complain about so we ended up taking notes (sad I know). Heres some of the things we noticed...
Good:
The room was super comfy, very spacious and the view was amazing! (had to pay extra for a room with a view). The kitchen ladies were extremely kind, helpful, gave us some great advice and were a great pair to talk to in the mornings whilst eating breakfast. The location is fantastic, it was a 2 minute walk from the main strip on Airlie beach. If the pool was functional I could tell it would be incredible, as the view and location is great.
Bad:
-Not very welcoming upon arrival. All questions given to the concierge upon arrival were not answered, but instead we were told to wait to find out and I received the response through text message later on.
-Coffee at breakfast had to be paid for. Free breakfast included toast and cereal (very limited options of cereal).
-Using the hotel pool towels was a $5 charge per day.
-The Wifi didn't work at all. We were told by the concierge that wifi doesn't travel through concrete so wouldn't work in our rooms. We were given the option to use wifi in the lobby or the kitchen area on level 1- still didn't work. As I had great amounts of work to complete whilst away, it was faster to use my own 3G.
-Room smelt mouldy- and we all got sick by the second day ( but can't only attribute this to the room).
-Breakfast starts at 7, but our tours started at 7 so were sometimes unable to eat.
-Apartments weren't serviced-Servicing was only provided if you stayed over 8 days.- definitely not 'resort' quality service.
-Concierge desk was only open 8-6.. so were unable to ask questions on most days as tours often ran from 7am- 7-8pm.
-We were very understanding of the fact that the pool was closed due to damage from the recent cyclone. However, I called two weeks prior (one week post cyclone) and was told that the pool wasn't damaged and would be open. The day before our arrival I was sent a text message, informing me that there was damage and it would not open during our stay- with no compensation offered. We then arrived, fairly disappointed as we booked the hotel for the infinity pool, we were told we would not receive any compensation, we could use another pool from their partner hotels (10 minute walk away) and perhaps it would re-open on the 4th day of our stay. With some hope we waited (and just used the pool in the hotel next door because the provided options were too far to walk in a bikini and thongs).. and on that day we were told again it would not be open. Again, we were understanding but definitely felt the situation could have been handled better or we could have been compensated in some way as we paid quite a lot for our stay- particularly for the amazing pool.
-Also it says there's a restaurant at the hotel, we're not sure if it was damaged in the cyclone and just wasn't open (or in hiding), but my friends and I couldn't find it anywhere.
-Staying on Airlie beach was incredible so the holiday overall was fantastic, my friends and I were just very disappointed in the value for money factor of our hotel and I think the 'resort' element is misguiding.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah V
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a girls weekend in a two bedroom apartment. Very large and spacious with 2 bathrooms and full kitchen. Excellent view. Room was dated but clean and did the job for us. Light breakfast included which is only cereal and toast but good if you were on a budget. Only downfall was we were told prior to coming that the pool had only minor damage from recent cyclone and would be fine by the time we got there. On our arrival we're told all 3 pools were out of action! The pools were dirty and all the tiles needed replacing which I am sure was not a recent discovery. We had no where to swim and relax which is what we were looking forward to, I get the cyclone damage is unfortunate but I think it would of been nice to have known the pools were not working.... yes we may have booked elsewhere but maybe everyone pools were out of action who knows. Is at bottom of hill but manageable. Close to town walking distance to everything. If your mobility impaired you may need to look elsewhere. But it was ok.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends